Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Excessive sweating
Quote | Reply
Anyone else have to deal with this? I've always been a heavy sweater. It's never really affected me. Just stay hydrated and realize I need to set a towel out in the garage for when I show up back at the house after a run/ride.

Lately it's gotten to the point that I'm almost concerned. I am coming back from a little nagging injury and picking up the mileage (over the last 6 or so weeks). But it's nothing I've not done in the past. I haven't run more than 6 miles. And everything is at a very easy pace. I expect the sweat when it's 90+ outside. But lately my indoor runs with AC in my face still have me in squishy wet shoes at about the 5 mile mark. It was never that bad before. Heart rate is in the same place it was before the injury. Just more sweat. I actually felt really good today. Didn't feel like I exerted myself all that much. But it looked like I ran in the sauna. I walked straight into the shower in my clothes.

I realize sweating isn't a bad thing, but it's to the point where it's going to be hard to get long 10+ mile runs in when your socks are completely soaked for more than half of it.
Quote Reply
Re: Excessive sweating [KG6] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A few years back I noticed that my sweating had become even heaavier that it used to be. Turned out I was suffering from hyperthyroidism. Once I got that sorted out it's good again.
Quote Reply
Re: Excessive sweating [KG6] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is the humidity comparable?

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply