Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Evidence That Advance €20,000 Motorized Bike Wheels Exist
Quote | Reply
I think this is the first time that I've seen reporters mention that they have tested out the once mythical €20,000 motorized bike wheel that are so advanced they have parts of the motor (induction plates) built into the inside of the carbon fibre rim. This and the previous known news that the UCI test devices are ordinary iPad Minis that are easily cheated. I think this means that these motorized wheels have already been in use in bike races for a long time now and that some teams have been using motorized bikes since the UCI is incompetent under Britain Brian Cookson.

*COUGH* UK Postal *COUGH*

Quote:

Valeske and his team proceeded to use the UCI tablet device to scan a bike equipped with an electromagnetic induction wheel. This is reputedly the latest generation of mechanical doping, and a wheel equipped with the technology is reported to cost over €20,000. The tablet failed to detect any magnetic field whatsoever around the wheel, but when the wheel was passed through an X-ray scanner, the induction motor was clearly visible.

“The wheel is ‘perfectly clean’, at least for the tablet. However, the X-rays instead show the induction plates and the transmission cables, perfectly hidden by carbon,” wrote Marco Bonarrigo of Il Corriere della Sera. “The wheel that transforms the bike into a motorbike is, for the UCI controls, a piece of inert fibre.”

http://www.cyclingnews.com/...or-mechanical-doping
Last edited by: Hybridlete: Sep 3, 17 6:32
Quote Reply
Re: Evidence That Advance €20,000 Motorized Bike Wheels Exist [Hybridlete] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Heard about these a couple of years ago. The UCI doesn't want to catch anyone, they know what a shit show follows if they do.
Quote Reply
Re: Evidence That Advance €20,000 Motorized Bike Wheels Exist [Hybridlete] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Haha, this is almost as hilarious as you self-indignant rant about some thru-axles!

I still haven't seen one of these mythical €20,000 induction wheels in action, which in this day and age would make me strongly to inclined to believe they don't exist.

I'd be keen to watch the documentary but given the short snippets they've already revealed (a pro mechanic that's never seen the UCI dismantle a bike, seriously?!) I don't have much confidence in the journalistic rigour. I strongly suspect it'll be very short on specifics but long on contemptuousness, presumptions and hyperbole; much like one of your posts!

Summary: UCI motor doping protocols fail to detect fictional technology that doesn't exist.
Quote Reply
Re: Evidence That Advance €20,000 Motorized Bike Wheels Exist [awenborn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
awenborn wrote:
Haha, this is almost as hilarious as you self-indignant rant about some thru-axles!

I still haven't seen one of these mythical €20,000 induction wheels in action, which in this day and age would make me strongly to inclined to believe they don't exist.

I'd be keen to watch the documentary but given the short snippets they've already revealed (a pro mechanic that's never seen the UCI dismantle a bike, seriously?!) I don't have much confidence in the journalistic rigour. I strongly suspect it'll be very short on specifics but long on contemptuousness, presumptions and hyperbole; much like one of your posts!

Summary: UCI motor doping protocols fail to detect fictional technology that doesn't exist.

This. Fake news.

These are the same "journalists" who gave time to that con man, Varjas, and never asked themselves why someone who claims to have made millions of euros from selling motorized bikes lives like he plugs holes in his monthly budget by panhandling on the weekends.

This will be the same as those bogus reports that used doctored thermal camera footage interpreted by a quack engineer or scientist to "prove" motor use at a race.
Quote Reply