Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Escarpment run
Quote | Reply
Is anyone coming out to play this Sunday?
Quote Reply
Re: Escarpment run [SlowAmericano] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am. Looking forward to it.
Quote Reply
Re: Escarpment run [Jon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Same here, climbing for days and great views, what is not to love? This is my first time at it, thinking big plate of humble pie.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The downhills are actually much much much worse than the uphills. Uphills are fun. Downhills terrifying and they kill your quads.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Have a good time guys on Sunday. Run well and be safe.

Have you seen this one;

https://catstailmarathon.wordpress.com/registration/

---------------------------
''Sweeney - you can both crush your AG *and* cruise in dead last!! 😂 '' Murphy's Law
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jon wrote:
The downhills are actually much much much worse than the uphills. Uphills are fun. Downhills terrifying and they kill your quads.

Haha! This.

My first time, I (mostly) stayed w all the fast guys going up Windham.
Then we headed down - OMG.
They all dropped me like a hot rock.
It really is amazing how fast the Mtn goats descend on that crazy technical stuff.

Have fun! Forecast looks quite good.

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Re: Escarpment run [Sweeney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the good words, hope to see you at SOTM in October.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Great job zipping by me yesterday at Escarpment. How did you like it?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
 I really enjoyed it. I wouldn't call it descending, more like controlled falling. My legs are very unhappy. The views from the summits were breathtaking-literally, I can see why folks come back for more. It was good meeting you, congrats on a tough race.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Congratulations guys, it is truly an epic event. The Escarpment Run and the S.O.S are the originals for the area, but it keeps getting better every year.

Jon, are you swimming at the new pool? I have the paper work at my house and I'll be signing up this week when I return.

''Sweeney - you can both crush your AG *and* cruise in dead last!! 😂 '' Murphy's Law
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sweeney wrote:
Congratulations guys, it is truly an epic event. The Escarpment Run and the S.O.S are the originals for the area, but it keeps getting better every year.

Jon, are you swimming at the new pool? I have the paper work at my house and I'll be signing up this week when I return.

Ahem.
And now also AmZof, for the trifecta of pain, and awesomeness.

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nice meeting you too, Paul. There was a great Tom Warren (winner of 2nd Ironman) quote about how he liked suffering and when going into a race undertrained, "sometimes it is better that way." I kept replaying that in my mind all day. Actually, I forgot how difficult the race was. I'm really thrilled that I have done it three times now and not torn a ligament in my knee, broken a bone, or even sprained an ankle. My shoes felt like ice skates on the wet rocks. I don't even understand how people can descend the way some descend. One second someone comes up from behind and is parallel to me, and 15 seconds later they are a hundred yards down the mountain. My quads are shot from putting on the brakes all day. By the end of the race, I did not even trust that my brain was working well enough to pick the right line. Three times is plenty...Never ever again... However, with that said, I'm happy I managed to push a bit at the end because I qualified for next year!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
New pool in Arkville? I am not a member, but I have gone there. They charge $20 per use. It is a great pool and I go there in the three cold seasons sometimes.
My place upstate is in Roxbury Run Village - there is an outdoor Olympic-size pool as part of the complex, so I swim there in the summer. My wife and I are so far the only triathletes who have discovered the place, but it is triathlete paradise. Let me know if you ever want to get together for a workout; but for now, I need some time for some nice fun hiking and nothing very hard (though I signed up for the Catskills Gran Fondo next weekend and will do that if my quads recover.)
Quote Reply
Re: Escarpment run [Murphy'sLaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thinking of what you said about the Escarpment Run a couple of years ago, I just logged on to Ironman Lake Placid's website and see that registration is still open. I'm thinking about signing up just so I don't get tempted to do Escarpment next year since they are the same weekend.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
LOL!!!

LP is waaay easier than ETR.

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Re: Escarpment run [Murphy'sLaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Waaay, waaay easier. The one time I ran it, I passed three runners by falling off a cliff!!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
was wondering what the chances of getting into this race are. says they only take 200 entries a year
Quote Reply
Re: Escarpment run [bfinz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you meet the qualifiers set then send in the application request. I think the applications get mailed out in June or end of May. The race really has a really cool vibe and seems to attract a lot of repeat business.
Quote Reply