Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Epix Gear tri suits
Quote | Reply
Hi - has anyone used Epix Gear tri suits? besides the custom graphics, what do you think of the quality of the suits and what about for an Ironman or are they better for shorter distance races? Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Epix Gear tri suits [ec] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
well no responses, I guess that answers my question and no epix gear suit for me
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I ordered the Custom "Go Fierce" line for my coaching business last year. Very happy with them. The pad is such that, it is super adaptable for both short and long course. I like the double-layer front to offer the boys a little more *support* and very few companies do that. Wattie Ink & Oomph are the only others I've seen (there may be more but they are limited). Tomek was super responsive when I ordered, and it was all easy to work, get samples and have them design the suit to my liking.

Honestly, I looked for years to find a suit that met the quality I was looking for, with low minimums, that were affordable and functional. While this isn't a well known brand they were the ones that checked all the boxes. Not Castelli, Champion, LG, Sugoi, Rocket Science, could match what I found in the Epix Gear Go Fierce line. I'm very happy with them. That said, I did like the Wattie Ink suits I tried on at Ironman Boulder--but they were shall I say...way overpriced for what they are. I would not buy from Wattie just because of that alone. Why--when I can get the same for much less from Epix?
Quote Reply
Re: Epix Gear tri suits [Rocky M] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a custom kit that my friend had created that I've been very happy with. Also just purchased the Tri or die suit. I may be in the market to have my own custom kits made next year and I'll probably go with Epix.

USAT Level II- Ironman U Certified Coach
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am a huge fan of Epix gear. I have had a few kits from them now. On top of being able to customize the kits they have great customer service. The rear zip kit would probably not do great for a 140.6 but the new sleeved aero kits would be great. I have never attempted a full IM but quite a few 70.3's and never had a issue with that distance and cant see a reason why they wouldn't do well for a full.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JustinNorCal on here has his coaching company kits/tri-suits done by them, reach out to him... I think he's pretty happy with the quality/process.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks Andres for the heads up.

I have a coaching group of 16 athletes. We are on our third year using Epix Gear for our cycling kits, tri suits, and run tees. There are a host of brands out there and I have been with Epix since they were fairly new. The product has come a long way and is very competitive and priced well. I like that they are constantly figuring out how to make products better, yet remain an exceptional value. They just released their new Gen 2 Aero Tri Suit. I wouldn't hesitate to use them again.

Quote | Reply
thanks for the responses
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've been using Epix Gear since they were getting started as one of their guys went to college with me. Their suits have come a long way and their suits have come a long way. I did my first full last month in their suit at Alaskaman with absolutely zero chafing. I call that a win. I just wore their latest generation suit today for a race and they really improved on the shoulders being very flexible and fitting well while being breathable. Plus they really stand out for pics and are lower on the price range for suits.

So I guess you could say I like them...

Adam Feigh
Pianko Law, Speed Hound, Castelli, Sailfish, Base
Feighathlon.com
Last edited by: Feighathlon: Aug 14, 17 2:30
Quote Reply