Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Enve 7.8s
Quote | Reply
Hi

My Enve 7.8's have just arrived, but my new TT bike is now delayed by 3-4 weeks.

I was considering putting them on my old Scott Plasma 3, until new bike arrives however before I start all the change over hassle I was wondering if anyone has information if the Enve 7.8's will fit the Scott Plasma 3 frame with 25mm tyres?

Thanks for much for any information .
Quote Reply
Re: Enve 7.8s [boxercass] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
boxercass wrote:
Hi

My Enve 7.8's have just arrived, but my new TT bike is now delayed by 3-4 weeks.

I was considering putting them on my old Scott Plasma 3, until new bike arrives however before I start all the change over hassle I was wondering if anyone has information if the Enve 7.8's will fit the Scott Plasma 3 frame with 25mm tyres?

Thanks for much for any information .

Why not just run 23mm tires. The wide internal channel of the Enve will already blow up the tire size. Depending on what rims you were the tires could easily grow by 2-3mm.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
When did you order? They've been sitting on my order for MONTHS and keep extending out the ship date.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Lol @ buying a $3K set of wheels and waiting until after they arrive to think about fit :-D!

J/K, I have the same set - they are quite wide indeed! I was able to fit 25mm tires (GT 4000s) on mine w/ a BMC TM01 (previous gen) but there's like no room for error. The biggest issue I ran across was that the brakes wouldn't fit w/o a bunch of sanding down of the pads and removal of every washer/spacer possible - that was a PITA!

I ordered back in October last year and it took like 6+ weeks I recall.
Last edited by: daswafford: May 10, 17 13:00
Quote Reply