Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Enve 6.7 / Mavic CXR 60. TT and roadie use?
Quote | Reply
So, after the best result I've had this last weekend (8th overall in a very non-elite full duathlon event), I've decided to invest in some nice wheels for my SC7.5. Ideally, I'd like something that will work on a road bike as well as the TT (although I had been planning on a disk roadie next time around). I'm looking at the Enve 6.7, which has a great warranty and is owned by a few friends, and also the CXR 60 setup, which seems a lot less expensive and has the clip in track/whole tire system thing going on. They also seems like they might be a safer bet on the road bike....but that Enve thang....damn.

Help and thoughts appreciated!

M

----------------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: Enve 6.7 / Mavic CXR 60. TT and roadie use? [mongooseman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I run ENVE 6.7's on my road bike... love 'em.
Quote Reply
Re: Enve 6.7 / Mavic CXR 60. TT and roadie use? [Donzo98] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good to hear - thanks. I'm not going to get 2 pairs of race wheels past the boss, but she's happy with the idea of one really good pair that works on two bikes.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Donzo98 wrote:

Oops. Forgot to ask - have you got any tyre/tube recommendations for use with them?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
mongooseman wrote:
Donzo98 wrote:

Oops. Forgot to ask - have you got any tyre/tube recommendations for use with them?

I'm running 25mm GP4000S II with butyl tubes... training only.

Latex for races.
Last edited by: Donzo98: Oct 13, 15 17:54
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ENVE 8.9's tubular here but they're on the TT bike only. Also, 404 tubular on road bike - love them! I do wish I had a set I could use for both bikes though. 6.7's should be really nice!
Last edited by: andrejs: Oct 13, 15 16:08
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
am selling a pair on classified..
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have Reynolds Aero wheels in the 72/56 setup. Great on both bikes but I feel they are a bit sluggish on my road bike.
Quote Reply
Re: Enve 6.7 / Mavic CXR 60. TT and roadie use? [TeJa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm a nose in the wind kinda guy on bunch rides - do you find the Reynolds spin up slower but retain speed well?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Donzo98 wrote:

Same here -- I love my 6.7's. I ride them on my road or TT bike. I like that I feel very sure of their build quality due to ENVE's engineering and their 5-year warranty. The brake track holds up amazingly well too (I live in a hilly place so I use the brakes a lot). It is so reassuring to feel safe on them when I am on fast downhills or if I accidentally hit a bump. They're just amazing, fast wheels all around.

I have always loved Michelin tires so I use 23 mm Pro 4 Race (regular tubes) on mine and have been very happy with them.

I have also used the 8.9's and fine the 8 up front can be harder to control in windier days, so I like the 6.7. Often I just leave the 7 on the back of whatever bike I am using and may swap the front wheel for training, but also like using the full setup.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Exactly. They hold speed really well but just spin up slower. They don't have the snap of a really light pair of wheels. My Zipp 202 wheels might be way slower but they are the most fun to ride IMO. They give my road bike a super light snappy feel.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Donzo98 wrote:

This. Best wheels I've ever owned. Race them, train with them. I now use no other wheels other than discs in TTs. Vittoria tires.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
mongooseman wrote:
So, after the best result I've had this last weekend (8th overall in a very non-elite full duathlon event), I've decided to invest in some nice wheels for my SC7.5. Ideally, I'd like something that will work on a road bike as well as the TT (although I had been planning on a disk roadie next time around). I'm looking at the Enve 6.7, which has a great warranty and is owned by a few friends, and also the CXR 60 setup, which seems a lot less expensive and has the clip in track/whole tire system thing going on. They also seems like they might be a safer bet on the road bike....but that Enve thang....damn.

Help and thoughts appreciated!

M

4.5's, when they get the new brake track treatment, until then, 6.7's
Quote Reply