Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Enough of the "Badger" already
Quote | Reply
Ok I get it , he's a legend in the world of cycling but enough already of the farewell .Somehow Hinault steps on the podium when they are presenting the Olympic flag and in the neutral service car with Christian Prudhomme ,
Quote Reply
Re: Enough of the "Badger" already [sward] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He's part of the Tour organisation....they also need him for crowd control.

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
He's French (the last to win) it's a French race.....what's the problem.

He was (and is) a lot tougher then the lot of Ladies riding this year tour......talk about boring!

Let all follow wheels......
Quote Reply
Re: Enough of the "Badger" already [Beachboy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm no cycling expert but the only one to follow the wheel and do nothing out of the top guys was quintana

All the others had several cracks at froome including froome himself.

Maybe I watched a different tour to you.

Rhymenocerus wrote:
I think everyone should consult ST before they do anything.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bernie Hinault is a god among mortals.
He is one tough SOB. I can't imagine being in the peloton with him. He might throw an elbow or a shoulder to get just that much further ahead. I wonder how many people he punched while climbing Ventoux or Huez .. Ha !
Yes, the badger is all that and more.

They just don't make cyclists like him anymore.
Quote Reply
Re: Enough of the "Badger" already [Louamerica] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
http://www.velominati.com/...iege-bastogne-liege/

Winning LBL solo with a 9'24'' gap to second place. In the snow.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They said he is retiring from his position with TdF this year. That is probably why there was more visibility than usual.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Never let a smashed skull and a little blood slow him down.

Quote Reply
Re: Enough of the "Badger" already [rruff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He's no Jacques Anquetil, that's for sure

Quote:
Anquetil married Janine Boeda on 22 December 1958. She had been married to Anquetil's doctor. The doctor, seeing a rival, sent his wife to live with friends.[26] Anquetil went to see her, disguised as a plumber,[26] and took her off to Paris to buy clothes in the Rue du Faubourg Saint-Honoré.[26]

Their marriage produced no children. Janine had two children, Alain and Annie, from her previous marriage. Janine had two failed pregnancies and Anquetil grew upset in 1970 that he wasn't a father.[26] The couple considered a surrogate mother before Janine thought of her daughter, Annie. Janine said: "We didn't use the parental authority that we could have had over her. It was a request that I addressed to her. Gently. Annie always had the choice of refusing."[n 3] Annie confirmed her mother's recollection.[26] She said:

“ When my mother asked that [I should become impregnated by my step-father, Anquetil].... I was totally breathtaken by the proposition.... But, mind, I accepted willingly. I have to admit that at the time, despite being 18 years old, I was in love with Jacques. And I knew that I pleased him. What do you expect? That's life. And that's how I found myself in his bed in the sacred mission of procreation.[26] ”

Anquetil, his wife and his wife's daughter began a ménage à trois[27] Annie said:

“"Nobody thought it strange that Jacques Anquetil joined me in my bed each evening before returning to the marital bed beside my mother. Everybody was comfortable with it [Tout le monde était à l'aise]."[26] ”

Annie said she should have left the house after her daughter, Sophie, was born (in 2004, Sophie Anquetil published the book Pour l'amour de Jacques in which she confirmed what had been rumoured but what Anquetil had always tried to hide:[26] that she was Anquetil's daughter). Instead, she grew jealous of her own mother and demanded that she leave instead.[26] When Janine refused, Annie left instead. To fill the gap in the house, Janine invited her son, Alain, and his wife, Dominique, to return to live there. Anquetil began an affair with Dominique, to make Annie jealous.[26] Dominique had Anquetil's child but Annie still refused to return. Dominique still lives in the house, Les Elfes, where she organises conferences.[26] Janine and Anquetil divorced. Sophie moved in with Janine, although she lives now in Calenzana, near Calvi.[26] Both Janine and Dominique wrote their life story: neither mentioned the link between Sophie and Anquetil.[26]

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sward wrote:
Ok I get it , he's a legend in the world of cycling but enough already of the farewell .Somehow Hinault steps on the podium when they are presenting the Olympic flag and in the neutral service car with Christian Prudhomme ,

I dare you to say that to his face...
Quote Reply
Re: Enough of the "Badger" already [OneGoodLeg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OneGoodLeg wrote:
sward wrote:

I dare you to say that to his face...

Exactly. Hinault is the face behind Chuck Norris' beard.
Quote Reply
Re: Enough of the "Badger" already [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Francois wrote:
http://www.velominati.com/...iege-bastogne-liege/

Winning LBL solo with a 9'24'' gap to second place. In the snow.

That, and not only winning the yellow jersey, but the green points jersey as well! And, the Giro-Tour double twice, and won the Vuelta as well. Not sure we will ever see the likes of a rider like Hinault again.

Quote | Reply
Hinault has retired from the le tour door man, hand out the flowers duties.

He's a little punk who is good at pushing around other 150 lb cyclists, soigneurs, cameramen, journalists. Think he'd mess with Tom Boonen or Sagan or Greipel? He'd get his badger ass handed to him if he tried that shit in the real world.

Great, tough bike racer. Legendary. Also back stabbed his American teammate Lemond, when it was convenient for him.

Au revoir, Gopher!
Quote Reply
Re: Enough of the "Badger" already [Louamerica] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bernie Hinault is a god among mortals.
He is one tough SOB. I can't imagine being in the peloton with him. He might throw an elbow or a shoulder to get just that much further ahead. I wonder how many people he punched while climbing Ventoux or Huez .. Ha !
Yes, the badger is all that and more.

They just don't make cyclists like him anymore.

Here here!

When I first got hooked on road cycling via triathlon in the early 1980's, Bernard Hinault was not just the Patron of the peleton, he was, Le Grand patron dans le peleton! You did not mess with Hinault.

Every sport, needs characters like this, to bring it forward, and truly make it entertaining and engaging.

Hinault was a throw back to the era when bike racers essentially raced all year, with an exception of a few months in the winter when they did next to nothing and actually got a bit fat. He was that bridge back to the era of Merckx.

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Re: Enough of the "Badger" already [McNulty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think Hinault would relish riders like Sagan, Boonen and Griepel.
Those guys want it almost as bad as Hinault did.

Can you just imagine all of them coming down the chute, looking for a wheel, angling for daylight, charging for that line..
Quote Reply
Re: Enough of the "Badger" already [McNulty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Chicago Cubs - 2016 WORLD SERIES Champions!!!!

"If ever the time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." - Samuel Adams
Quote Reply
Re: Enough of the "Badger" already [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RandMart wrote:
He's no Jacques Anquetil, that's for sure

Someone needs to start a campaign to "Make France Great Again!"
Quote Reply