Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Enhanced Race Results?
Quote | Reply
I look forward to the enhanced race results usually posted here. I keep checking the page and don't see IMTX 2014 yet. Does anyone know if it is still being done?
Quote Reply
Re: Enhanced Race Results? [triblake] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
http://www.runtri.com/...esults-analysis.html

------------------------------
"Unless you have a ... GF who might put out that night and that night only ... skip it and race." - AndyPants 3-15-2007
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
triblake wrote:
I look forward to the enhanced race results usually posted here. I keep checking the page and don't see IMTX 2014 yet. Does anyone know if it is still being done?

They used to be posted here:

http://www.slowtwitch.com/enhancedresults/

But haven't been updated in a long while. Too bad...loved this file. Does anyone know what happened? I'd be happy to volunteer to help.
Last edited by: deh20: Jun 4, 14 9:54
Quote Reply
Re: Enhanced Race Results? [deh20] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is the one I keep waiting to update.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Giving this thread a bump.

Always loved looking at the data in Excel and playing with the numbers. Does anyone know what happened here?
Quote Reply
Re: Enhanced Race Results? [DoneNDone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm still waiting for IM WI 2013. Think the guy responsible just stopped doing them. Emailed him. Never heard back.
Quote Reply
Re: Enhanced Race Results? [SSMinnow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I emailed him once or twice as well. No luck.
Quote Reply
Re: Enhanced Race Results? [DoneNDone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DoneNDone wrote:
I emailed him once or twice as well. No luck.

The IM Texas results from 2014 are done (see second post of the thread), so he'd have to have stopped pretty recently. If he has stopped, the Excel work is not particularly difficult to duplicate, but I don't see obvious access to the results in a computer-friendly format.

John
Quote Reply
Re: Enhanced Race Results? [guitarfrk75] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bump, I loved the enhanced results. Any chance to get them going again?

Ironman Certified Coach

Currently accepting limited number of new athletes
Quote Reply
Re: Enhanced Race Results? [Jim Martin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think the problem is pulling the results from the Ironman website. It looks like Slowtwitch was compiling the Excel results files, but IM's format changed. If I can find a way to get the results, I can create the analysis.

John
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have decent excel chops and a freakish love of statistics, so I would be willing to help, but raw data seems to be the hang up, maybe Sylvan can hook us up there?

Ironman Certified Coach

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jim Martin wrote:
I have decent excel chops and a freakish love of statistics, so I would be willing to help, but raw data seems to be the hang up, maybe Sylvan can hook us up there?
Ohai! Email me at sylvan@sportstats.us...

Sylvan Smyth | http://www.sportstats.asia | sylvan@sportstats.asia | Starvas
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey - did you get any further with this? I completely missed the last post with Sylvan's email in it. I'm going to reach out now.

You can reach out to me at john.alexander.cook@gmail.com if you'd rather talk directly!

John
Last edited by: guitarfrk75: Jun 26, 15 5:45
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sylvan sent me some older results, I think they were from IMTX 2014. By the time I looked at them, I had just finished IMTX2015 and asked him to forward those. He got busy and never got the chance. I will remind him and when I get them I will forward and we will see what we can do!

Ironman Certified Coach

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Okay - sweet! I just sent him an email too. There are so many races, I don't want someone to have to send the manual results every time. There's a lot of detail on the Athlete Detail page on IM with splits and things - It's possible to pull that data off and process it into data that could be used for enhanced results.

Can you email me the results he gave you for Texas 2014?

Thanks!

John
Quote Reply