Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Endure-Alex Hutchinson
Quote | Reply
https://m.harpercollins.com/9780062499974/endure

I’ve always enjoyed most of Alex’s write ups on Runner’s World. Heard him on NPR today talking about his new book that released today. Probably going to pick it up and give it read.

Any other books like this I’m missing or that are on your must read list?
Quote Reply
Re: Endure-Alex Hutchinson [Parkland] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't know that I'd go as far as saying it's a must read, but Matt Fitzgerald's "How Bad Do You Want It" is a similar subject matter, and I found it to be an enjoyable read

I'm reading Endure now, and so far it's been a good, interesting read.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks. A ST poster made me aware of him recently. I appreciate the notice of his new book. I see it's also available on Audible.com, which I often use while traveling....... Keep me posted if it seems as good as all his other writings....
Quote Reply
Re: Endure-Alex Hutchinson [ggeiger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Alex presented at the Science and Triathlon Conference in Edmonton this past December built around the Two Hour Marathon Project. Worth a listen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdNqKBgK8WI&feature=youtu.be

Arete Endurance
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Alex is awesome!

I'm a big fan of his writing, both in the various Magazines and News Papers he writes for and the books. Picked up an advanced copy of "Endure" a couple of weeks ago.

I've interacted with him directly, a couple of times where he's been a Speaker and I've been an Emcee of the conference. He's been great to work with in this regard!

Another book to read if you live books in this genre is "The Sports Gene" - by David Epstein

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Re: Endure-Alex Hutchinson [runfromnothing] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
runfromnothing wrote:
Alex presented at the Science and Triathlon Conference in Edmonton this past December built around the Two Hour Marathon Project. Worth a listen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdNqKBgK8WI&feature=youtu.be

Appreciate it!
Quote Reply
Re: Endure-Alex Hutchinson [Fleck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fleck wrote:

Alex is awesome!

I'm a big fan of his writing, both in the various Magazines and News Papers he writes for and the books. Picked up an advanced copy of "Endure" a couple of weeks ago.

I've interacted with him directly, a couple of times where he's been a Speaker and I've been an Emcee of the conference. He's been great to work with in this regard!

Another book to read if you live books in this genre is "The Sports Gene" - by David Epstein

How did you like the book, Steve? Endure, that is.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How did you like the book, Steve? Endure, that is.

I've not started it yet.

It's next on my list! :)

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply