Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Endurance Nation question
Quote | Reply
I know there are quite a few athletes on here and had a couple questions. I've been racing 7 years but never used a coach of any kind. Racing Ironman Florida in 5 weeks and been listening to EN podcasts to amuse myself on my long rides/runs. Seems pretty interesting and the podcasts have already changed my training approach some. I have a checkered past of blowing up on Ironman runs...Question is, if I was going to try it out, is there any benefit to do it now so close to my race? Or just stick with what I've been doing and try it for the outseason? And for the $109/month do you really get unlimited access to the plans that are $500+ if you just buy the plan? Seems like a much better deal to do the ongoing.
Quote Reply
Re: Endurance Nation question [MTranquilli] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MTranquilli wrote:
I know there are quite a few athletes on here and had a couple questions. I've been racing 7 years but never used a coach of any kind. Racing Ironman Florida in 5 weeks and been listening to EN podcasts to amuse myself on my long rides/runs. Seems pretty interesting and the podcasts have already changed my training approach some. I have a checkered past of blowing up on Ironman runs...Question is, if I was going to try it out, is there any benefit to do it now so close to my race? Or just stick with what I've been doing and try it for the outseason? And for the $109/month do you really get unlimited access to the plans that are $500+ if you just buy the plan? Seems like a much better deal to do the ongoing.

I'll answer the last question first. Yes, you do have unlimited access to all the training plans if you're a paying team member.

I'm not sure how much you'd gain "switching" to an EN plan five weeks out from IMFL, especially when a good portion of that is taper. That means you'd arguably have three weeks of actual training left.

What you could gain during that time would be worthwhile advice on race execution/philosophy and the plethora of team member experience on the IMFL course.

I'd definitely recommend EN whether you pull the trigger now or for the outseason and 2015 season.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Re: Endurance Nation question [GMAN19030] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was actually thinking along those lines. I follow a very 'loose' training plan now, I do it myself and mainly try to hit the key workouts each week then add volume around them, but could probably benefit even just for the last block to add some structure. I also like the idea of race specific advice leading up to it.
Quote Reply
Re: Endurance Nation question [GMAN19030] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GMAN19030 wrote:
What you could gain during that time would be worthwhile advice on race execution/philosophy and the plethora of team member experience on the IMFL course.

THIS. Imploding on the run is mostly preventable. People who tell you otherwise simply can't accept the fact that they should have dialed back the bike or been more conservative heading out for the run despite feeling great. 26 miles is a long way and feeling great at mile 2 can quickly turn to disaster 1, 2, 3 hours later.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
By joining you have access to a lot of valuable race execution information and team members. Rich, Patrick and the rest of the team will tell you race day is about execution.
Quote Reply
Re: Endurance Nation question [TH3_FRB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Agreed, I fully realize my imploding on the run is from overbiking my ability, but I also didn't have a power meter until this year which is helping a lot
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
MTranquilli wrote:

Thanks for your interest. To answer your questions:
  • Membership includes open access to everything: 45+ members-only training plans, tons of supporting content, 24/7 support from Patrick, me, and the team.
  • We offer a free 7-day trial membership so you can come inside and check everything out.
  • During ^this^ we can have a conversation about how best to use EN between now and IMFL, as well as discuss what your 2015 would look like and how best to use our tools.
  • During your trial you'll get 2-3x emails from us reminding you to cancel if you've decided we're not a good fit for you. If you change your mind within the first 30 days of your membership, we'll refund your payment.

Patrick and I have been coaching full-time since '01 and '04 respectively. We founded EN in '07. We have a very high quality community of 600+ athletes and friends. We only want people in that space who've had every opportunity to decide if we are good fit for them and them for us, so we make it very easy for you to come inside, check us out, and leave at any time.

Thanks again and let me know if you have any other questions.

+++

Rich Strauss
Endurance Nation Ironman 2013 and 2014 World Champion TriClub, Div I
Create a FREE 7-day trial membership
Quote Reply
Re: Endurance Nation question [Rich Strauss] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks so much for the feedback, and for the podcasts. I feel like I've come a long way just listening to those, so excited to see what the whole experience is like. just signed up, look forward to talking more.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
MTranquilli wrote:
Thanks so much for the feedback, and for the podcasts. I feel like I've come a long way just listening to those, so excited to see what the whole experience is like. just signed up, look forward to talking more.

Great, welcome aboard! Patrick and I will get you set up today today or tomorrow. I'm still digging myself out of back to back travel weekends for LT and Chatt but should be caught up by tomorrow morning.

+++

Rich Strauss
Quote Reply
Re: Endurance Nation question [Rich Strauss] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just having a coach for a race plan & execution can be as if not more valuable than one for training if you've struggled with both in the past.

TrainingBible Coaching
http://www.trainingbible.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
To give you some homework and help me procrastinate my ride a bit...
  • You're 4-5wks out from IMFL, so I would put you into the last 4-5wks of our IM training plan.
  • You'll join our IMFL group, which will plug you into a series of emails and other processes that will deliver to you our race execution resources, including a live, detailed webinar by Patrick on how to race every inch of FL.
  • You'll be able to network with our IMFL crew before and during the race. We do a lot of work to connect our athletes to each other before the event and then provide a quality race weekend for them and their families at the race site. This past weekend I was on the ground at IMChatt to support our 32 athletes, their families, etc. See this recent Facebook post for a better understanding of what we create for our team on race weekends.
  • Finally, please read this blog post for an understanding of how we like to transition our athletes from their 2014 to their 2015 seasons. This is where I'm at right now, transitioning my IMLP to Kona crews from the end of their formal 2014 seasons and into our OutSeason which will begin on Oct 27th. ^This^ is the "what's next" conversation we'll be having with you after IMFL.

See you on the inside,

++++

Rich Strauss
Quote Reply