Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Endless pool owners! Emilio needs a little help!
Quote | Reply
I am installing a 8 x 14 foot endless pool partially submerged into the ground (about 28 inches). This is a 2012 or 2013 model that has the modular metal walls and is designed for any of the 3 options above ground, partially in ground or fully in ground.

We have a 10 x 16 foot hole excavated that is 30 inches deep. That part is done.

I have been told it is best to pour a concrete slab, which makes perfect sense, but a few installers are also suggesting building a cinder block vault with walls going up all 4 sides to protect the unit from dirt sitting against it.

If you have a fully submerged or partially submerged unit, what did you do, are you glad with the outcome, and do you wish you did something different? Any advice, help, input is welcome from anyone who has done this. In fact, let me know if you do this sort of stuff!

Emilio De Soto II
Maker of triathlon clothing, T1 Wetsuits, & Saddle Seat Pads and AXS since 1990
emilio@desotosport.com http://www.desotosport.com
Quote Reply
Re: Endless pool owners! Emilio needs a little help! [Emilio] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Emilio,

No need to do that. I worked @ Endless for a year ish and installed a bunch of these in all configuations.

It's stainless steel so nothing really happens to the sides.

It may look nicer if you had concrete walls but by no means is it necessary.

I also worked for a company Infinite (Sentry Pools) for a time and their panels were powder coated. It was a nice touch and make the pool look nicer but again, no need for an outside wall around the pool wall.

Just make sure you leave room at the front of the pool for your fittings etc. and you are good to go.

Happy to answer any other questions. Just sold mine. Wishing I had it back but live in condo and these people are all things against fun!!

Steven Harad
Quote Reply
Re: Endless pool owners! Emilio needs a little help! [CEEPO USA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for this info Steven, I really appreciate it. Yeah this one has a siding in a color called Sapphire, but I have yet to get that far into the crate to see what it actually looks like. I am just trying to weigh the difference in appearance with a $5000 difference in price between a cinderblock vault and just a slab.

Emilio De Soto II
Maker of triathlon clothing, T1 Wetsuits, & Saddle Seat Pads and AXS since 1990
emilio@desotosport.com http://www.desotosport.com
Quote Reply