Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Endless Pool owners
Quote | Reply
by the time you build out your pool how much space did it take up? if you measured from the base what was the l x w? my dad is looking at putting one in their sun room and we just want to get an idea what others have experienced. thanks1
Quote Reply
Re: Endless Pool owners [tigerpaws] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It just keeps going and going. Impossible to measure.
Quote Reply
Re: Endless Pool owners [Staz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We are having ours installed as i type this.
It depends on what size pool you order.
Our water l x w is 7 x 14, they say to add 2 feet to length and width to account for the trim.
Quote Reply
Re: Endless Pool owners [spasmus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ok thanks. Hope it goes well, if you happen to think of it I'd love to see a pic of the finished product and your overall impression. Thanks!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mine is 8x14 and I had a pit put in the basement that is 2 feet deep. The pit is 10"6' x 17"6'. I bought a used one for 2k and did all the work myself. I just finished the basement today and I am exhausted.

[URL=http://smg.photobucket.com/...ps7f9158be.jpeg.html][/url]
Quote Reply
Re: Endless Pool owners [Keith-OH] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll bet you are tired!!! Once you've used it for a few weeks, give us an update on how you like it:)

"Anyone can be who they want to be IF they have the HUNGER and the DRIVE."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
OH wow that is very nice looking. Please update if you have anything else to add. We won't put this in dad's place until the winter so we have time to put a plan in place on the best route. I'd be very interested in the work you did. External finishing vs internal guts of the machine. Thanks and enjoy!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you want to save room you can push it all the way up against the walls. You will just need to make you own custom 2nd roller like I did. This will save you about 18 inches in length. The side with all the plumbing I would use some kind of panels that are removable. I wanted to stone that side also but if you ever need to work on it has to be removed. I also used an insulation on the flooring to save on the heating bill and to protect the liner. It is also soft to walk on. I got this from my local EP installer for $150.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That's very impressive! I want one.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Keith-OH wrote:
If you want to save room you can push it all the way up against the walls. You will just need to make you own custom 2nd roller like I did. This will save you about 18 inches in length. The side with all the plumbing I would use some kind of panels that are removable. I wanted to stone that side also but if you ever need to work on it has to be removed. I also used an insulation on the flooring to save on the heating bill and to protect the liner. It is also soft to walk on. I got this from my local EP installer for $150.

Crap forgot to check this! Thanks for the response. I will be resfreshing this inthe spring when we get closer to building it out.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just checking in to see how you still like your EP? The time frame was a bit off, but by the end of May the back patio will be re-leveled/pavers and the EP will be the next item.

Definitely going to be outdoors. Tinkering with the extra long one that has a separate hot tub in the other end dad is super active with tennis 5+ days a week and he has missed his hot tube. Any suggestions you have, pitfalls, caveats please let me know. Thanks again.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
another attempt to get some EP owners to come out of the spider webs.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We put our endless pool in the basement in October 2014. We finished an area in the basement to create a pool room. We chose the cover has a roller which is less expensive than the automatic cover and much more practical than the solar cover that is included. We also picked the UV filter which is probably the best decision because it drastically reduces the chemicals you need to add. After a swim I throw in some household bleach and some ph decreaser. I've changed the water once and will attempt to change the UV bulb this weekend.

As far as use, I do iron distance races and started swimming at 40 and I'm 46. I suck at swimming. I like the fact that it is in my basement, but for me it does not substitute the lap pool. It's easier to swim in the EP than a lap pool. Yes, I can turn up the speed to an unswimmable level, but I find the pace I can swim in the EP is faster than real life. I was hoping I would not have to go to the Y anymore and see naked 75 yo dudes having normal everyday conversations while smelling the mildewed carpet. Unfortunately I'm at the Y 4 days a week still. It's good for a continuous swim and sighting practice. I have inquired about some sort of program that would allow for intervals without stopping to change the speed but they say it's in development. It's great on snow days in the winter when the Y is closed.

It's nice that it is in my basement but I do not use it like I thought I would.
Fire away with any specific questions.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
 Great thank you that is perfect. This pool be for my dad he's in his early 70s so as far as paces in realistic feel it's a lot less about that and more just for the ability to get a few swims in a week conveniently. The pool is going to be outside on a patio so will be above ground. We are a little torn on the size. It really only needs to be for one person, but he would also like the ability to use it as a hot tub which is very therapeutic for his well used body hais been a hard core athlete his whole life( multiple sport athlete in high school and college back before anyone knew anything about treating your body right ). What size is your endless pool and are you happy with it? I saw the manual roll back cover and I really like that. His old hot tub had one of those thermal covers that folded in half, but it was constantly tearing and little critters would chew it up.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
7x14 with 48 inch depth (45 inch) water depth.
This would be perfect if I was older and wanted to swim for exercise and mobility. It is transportable so when we move if we have the space I would like to take it with us. If it will be outside then yes the manual roller is great, that solar cover would not work well outside. It would be great to have a hot tub, I think the pool temp can be set to 95 but you obviously can't swim in that. I'm not sure if the hot tub affects how the swim portion of the pool functions. It is perfect for one swimmer, but if you were using it as a "hot tub" we could comfortably fit 5 or 6 people in there sitting around the perimeter.

Last Feb I started working with Tim Floyd at Magnolia Masters doing online coaching. He uses a lot of short fast intervals which does not set up well with the EP. Prior to that I was doing more traditional longer sets which would have been easier to do in the EP.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have no problem doing intervals. The only thing that's not possible are things like 100m as (easy, build, easy, fast) type sets.
Quote Reply
Re: Endless Pool owners [dgunthert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well crap we found out what most pool owners probably know.....septic field issues. The EP installation can't be done over a septic field......and poof so goes the EP idea. No room indoors and there is no front yard. Thanks for the input all.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
tigerpaws wrote:
Well crap we found out what most pool owners probably know.....septic field issues. The EP installation can't be done over a septic field......and poof so goes the EP idea. No room indoors and there is no front yard. Thanks for the input all.

Does your Dad live out in the country with no city water or sewer???

Quote Reply
Re: Endless Pool owners [ericmulk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Island
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
tigerpaws wrote:
Island

And so the island has no water and sewer service??? Does he get his water from a well??? The reason i ask is that sometimes older people get so used to one type of lifestyle that they don't realize other options are available, i.e. possibly when he first moved there years ago there may have been no nearby water/sewer. If city water/sewer is available, he'd prob only have to pay a small fee to get hooked up to their system, and then nominal fees each month for his water/sewer usage. I work in the water/wastewater engineering area so i'm familiar with this stuff, and, I'm genuinely curious:)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have no idea if a sewer option is possible not been a pressing issue to find out. It's a small island with a small population....they have been there 19 years and never had an issue with septic until the pool idea came up.
There is an island well association he belongs to with a plant and well fields around the island.
Last edited by: tigerpaws: Mar 27, 16 13:19
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
tigerpaws wrote:
I have no idea if a sewer option is possible not been a pressing issue to find out. It's a small island with a small population....they have been there 19 years and never had an issue with septic until the pool idea came up.
There is an island well association he belongs to with a plant and well fields around the island.

So, the island has a water treatment plant; it would be worth inquiring about a wastewater treatment plant, since then he could abandon the septic tank/field and put in the Endless Pool.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ok here is the skinny dad sent out a bunch of emails last night and received a few responses. No central sewer is on the island. There is a condo association on the other end of the island with their own privately maintained system though. I'm not sure if it's a topography thing or not, but the island is mostly mangroves and where he lives is only 200 yards wide in terms of what you can build on it's out on a peninsula. You have to go over 3 bridges from the mainland to get there.

So, no way to get off septic as of now. He still has a pool 15 minutes away just woulda been nice to throw that in with his hot tub design.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
tigerpaws wrote:
Ok here is the skinny dad sent out a bunch of emails last night and received a few responses. No central sewer is on the island. There is a condo association on the other end of the island with their own privately maintained system though. I'm not sure if it's a topography thing or not, but the island is mostly mangroves and where he lives is only 200 yards wide in terms of what you can build on it's out on a peninsula. You have to go over 3 bridges from the mainland to get there.

So, no way to get off septic as of now. He still has a pool 15 minutes away just woulda been nice to throw that in with his hot tub design.

Well, at least you know the full story now, sorry the result was not better:)

Quote Reply