Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Emilio for the Win
Quote | Reply
Referencing the article on interbike day 2, Emilio you just went from king to emperor with the Flisuit.

Well played sir.

Gary Mc
Did I mention I did Kona
Quote Reply
Re: Emilio for the Win [Gary Mc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Gary Mc wrote:
Referencing the article on interbike day 2, Emilio you just went from king to emperor with the Flisuit.

Well played sir.

I'm wondering whether he missed a trick by not putting the zip at the back. With the fli hatch you don't really need the zip at the front anymore, and one of negatives of the short arm trisuits is that they can be restrictive to run in. Hence you see lots of guys running in them with the front zip open (partly for movement, partly to improve breathability). I'm not at the age when I can get away with that anymore, hence having the opening at the back shows a less offensive aspect of my physique while retaining the advantages of a zip.

Just a thought....

SteveMc
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Got one and used it at a race 4 weeks ago. I mean, I used it.... Works well!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Finally a tri suit that lets me combine my two favourite activities. Triathlon and shagging. This'll save me loads of time in T3.
Last edited by: knighty76: Sep 22, 16 2:25
Quote Reply
Re: Emilio for the Win [ChrisM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does it have a zipper or is it just overlapping layers of lycra? Zipper sounds like potential chafing, the other sounds like potential flashing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would love to see this make its way over to the tri bibs.

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Re: Emilio for the Win [minimalist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
minimalist wrote:
Does it have a zipper or is it just overlapping layers of lycra? Zipper sounds like potential chafing, the other sounds like potential flashing.

Flap, think jockey briefs style. No chafing or flashing.
Quote Reply
Re: Emilio for the Win [japarker24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
japarker24 wrote:

I've been a tri bib user for the last few years. I would have bought those if they put the flap in but honestly the one piece is as comfortable and is a little more convenient IMO, same pad as the bibs as well
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ChrisM wrote:
japarker24 wrote:

I've been a tri bib user for the last few years. I would have bought those if they put the flap in but honestly the one piece is as comfortable and is a little more convenient IMO, same pad as the bibs as well

I race in a 1 piece but use the tri bibs and a cycling jersey for training so that I have the rear pockets for my phone, tools, extra nutrition, money, etc.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ah, got it (and love the bibs). But access for #1 is pretty easy in the bibs. #2 is a PITA though, so to speak but as with all bibs.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What I love about Emilio is he fixes obvious problems with plain and simple solutions that you know will just work.

----------------------------------------------------------
Zen and the Art of Triathlon. Strava Workout Log
Interviews with Chris McCormack, Helle Frederikson, Angela Naeth, and many more.
http://www.zentriathlon.com
Quote Reply
Re: Emilio for the Win [minimalist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hello, No zipper on the fly. Slowman posted a rendering of the fly details in his article.

Emilio De Soto II
Maker of triathlon clothing, T1 Wetsuits, & Saddle Seat Pads and AXS since 1990
emilio@desotosport.com http://www.desotosport.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks Gary. You are very kind and have always been a class act.

Emilio De Soto II
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
japarker24 wrote:

Way ahead of you here! Check it out and available now!

Riviera Fli-Bib 2017

The world's first cycling bib and triathlon bibshort with a fly! Finally, you can have bathroom relief without pulling the straps or undressing.
This 2017 model is available now for pre-order. Be the among the first to own it. Order now and delivery will start September 15, 2016, maybe sooner!
The comfort, performance and functionality you've come to love in our Riviera Tri Shorts and Trisuits but in a Tribib!
NEW FEATURES:
  • Fli-fly™ hidden fly just above the pad in front for quick on-the-fly bathroom “relief.”
  • 7mm Clasico Integrated Pad is softer with more stretch, no seams.
  • Seamless inner thigh eliminates friction
  • 1 inch longer inseam than previous version (RTB)

SAME GREAT FEATURES AS BEFORE:
  • Forza Compressor legs above the Mobius Comfort Compression Leg Bands
  • 3-inch Mobius Comfort Compression Band offers a more equally graduated compression around the legs, so you get the same support with no tightness and sqeezing.
  • Two Waterlid™ Pockets, one on side of each leg, that allow you to swim in this bibshort without a wetsuit.
  • Liftfoil center panels that make swimming in this without a wetsuit faster!
  • Black modesty panels. We intentionally put black panels in the crotch area to avoid saddle stains and for a more flattering appearance.
  • Swim, bike, and run in comfort without changing. Race with it under your wetsuit or without a wetsuit.
  • This environmentally-friendly innovation is completely free of solvents and the dyes used have no VOC.

Emilio De Soto II
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ChrisM wrote:
japarker24 wrote:

See my post #14!

Emilio De Soto II
Quote Reply
Re: Emilio for the Win [Emilio] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Emilio wrote:
ChrisM wrote:
japarker24 wrote:

See my post #14!

Nice! Ahead of the pack as usual. Used the tri bibs at SOS last weekend

Going to use the sleeved suit at Cozumel for the added sun protection though.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Awesome!!! Thanks, Emilio!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thank you for this Emilio. Some of us developed an aversion to peeing on ourselves when our mommas took our diapers away. From those of us who never got over that, thank you!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not that this isn't a very cool, and probably long overdue idea, but...

I've always just kinda pulled down the front of any bib shorts if I wanna take a leak.

(yeah, it probably overstretches the material to do it that way, but it's not like I hafta whizz 15x / ride or anything either)

And if I'm on the bike in a race, well, then I don't even bother to do that much.

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Re: Emilio for the Win [Murphy'sLaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, your standard bibs that are stretchy and not a lot of compressive fabric you are correct, no big deal. De Soto 400-Mile Bibs are compressive but stretch there the same way. Doable.

But the Riviera Tri Bib is designed for triathlons so it is much more snug and the sides of the Bibs along with the center where you would pull down, come up much higher to offer support arround the midsection. Again not that big of a deal if you a lean cyclist type with no gut or love handles, but not everyone is like that, so we tuck you in and make you look leaner with our bibs.

As for whizzing 15x a ride, I get it. I have the bladder of a camel. I drink 4 x .5 Liter Hefeweizens and do not have to pee for a long time. Unfortunately, it is common, especially as they become middle aged, to tend to go more. This is not because they want to, it is just what happens to most men later in life (enlarged prostates, ED, LT etc).

So if you have none of these issues, you still ought to try our product for the convenience and comfort and quality we provide. Many of the posters like them for those reasons.

For those who do have those issues, De Soto Sport listens and we innovate!

Emilio De Soto II
Last edited by: Emilio: Sep 22, 16 14:02
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
did the name the wizzinator ever come up for consideration for this great alternative to peeing on the bike? great idea, well done!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Any chance of a version with the 14mm pad? I love your 400 mile shorts and feel my soft ass needs all the padding I can get.

Can anyone comment on aerodynamics? I don't mean while using the new feature ; )

Will this be faster than a two-piece setup with a decent top?
Quote Reply
Re: Emilio for the Win [raceboy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for your kind words. No that name was not up for consideration, but we did want the suit to have a descriptive name that sounded fast.

Emilio De Soto II
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
damn, I almost nailed it!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just received the triathlon "Fly Bib"!!! Can't wait to try it out!! If everything goes well, I'll be wearing it at IM NC next month!

Thanks, Emilio!!!

Quote Reply

Prev Next