Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Emilio DeSoto and Desoto Sport Have Fantastic Customer Service
Quote | Reply
Emilio DeSoto and Desoto Sport Have Fantastic Customer Service !

I don't think it's appropriate in this case to go into details, but I recently needed a change of wetsuits and Emilio was there to help me out.

I emailed DeSoto customer service on Friday and received an almost immediate email back from Emilio (Founder). We ended up talking on the phone Saturday (not exactly a business day) and I have a new First Wave Wetsuit on the way to me.

He kept in constant phone/email communication with me about the transaction and was an absolute pleasure to deal with.

I know I am not the first nor the last to recommend DeSoto, but let me do so anyways. Thanks Emilio.

http://www.desotosport.com/home/index.shtml

I have No Affiliation with this company.
Quote Reply
Re: Emilio DeSoto and Desoto Sport Have Fantastic Customer Service [The Lemming] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[reply] Emilio DeSoto and Desoto Sport Have Fantastic Customer Service ! [/reply]

Yes they do!!

-C

------------------------------------------------------------
Any run that doesn't include pooping in someone's front yard is a win.
Quote Reply
Re: Emilio DeSoto and Desoto Sport Have Fantastic Customer Service [The Lemming] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The BEST!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Their kit isn't my favorite (except for wetsuits) but the service is absolutely the best in the world in any company I've ever dealt with. Period.
Quote Reply
Re: Emilio DeSoto and Desoto Sport Have Fantastic Customer Service [Zinc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
their bib tri shorts are my favorite for any riding that I do.

"the trouble with normal is - it always gets worse"

- Cockburn
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yep, they sure do. I have had several positive customer service experiences from Desoto. My fav was several years ago when I just bought my Dos top and bibjohn wetsuit. The top was alittle difficult to get off. They were just coming out with the modified second generation Dos that were easier to get off but didn't have any in stock . Emilio got on the phone and offered to ship me HIS PERSONAL Dos top for me to use in the race!! I ended up not needing it but he modified mine for free. The costomer service people are super friendly, too.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Have to agree, the only other company that I've met with that sort of support is Titanflex's Tom Pizkin.

I love DeSoto and recommend them to anyone I can.
Quote Reply
Re: Emilio DeSoto and Desoto Sport Have Fantastic Customer Service [Freeflyer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for putting me in the same company as Emilio DeSoto. The comparison prompts me to share an inside story about the genesis of TitanFlex.

In December of 1986 I attended a Tri Club meeting at San Diego State University where Emilio was working on his MBA. As the guest speaker that night he shared his triathlon expertise to about 20 of us newbies. He wheeled out his bike and told us about aerodynamics and body positioning: the lower the better. The next day I took a closer look at my six-month old Centurion Ironman and saw that there was a good 2" opportunity to lower my stem/handlebars. So guess what I did?

Later that week I did a 10 mile time trial--an organized affair I had done three months in a row. After a standard 20 minute warmup I was released from the timing gate intent on setting another PR. About 1.5 miles in I felt a slight pop in my back that could be compared to cracking a knuckle: nothing painful.

I did PR that day, but over the next few months started having phantom pains in my butt the evening of long runs or after periods of prolonged sitting. I considered it part and parcel of my new athletic lifesytle and continued to swim, bike and run for glory.

It took me about two years of Chiropratic, Massage Therapy, Applied Kinesiology, Acupunture, and other non-invasive forms of voodoo before I figured out that I had ruptured a disc in that fateful time trial.

The road to back surgery recovery led me to the Softride. Dissatisfaction with the weight penalty and excessive deflection characteristics of their beam led me to design the TitanFlex.

If Emilio hadn't been so generous in sharing his time and advice those many years ago (as he continues to do today), TitanFlex would have never materialized!

For many years I have privately dubbed Emilio as the "TitanFlex Godfather." Today, I'll make it a public declaration.

Tom Piszkin
UCSD Triathlon Coach
@TitanFlexBikes
(619)334-7222
(619)328-1870 FAX
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I too have had nothing but fast and efficient sevice from Emilio and his team at DE Soto on the odd ocassions that I have dealt with him. I love there kit for both the fit and the quality as it lasts and lasts. All I need them to do now is put a pocket on the tri shorts and produce a low rise power short then I am sorted for kit for the next decade.

"How bad can it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply