Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Embrun part 2.
Quote | Reply
So as I said if you reach the top of col race not over. Talked to French guy morning of race on walk down who has done three times previous and he said on the way back after you reach the bottom of col wind in usually in your face and lots more climbing too. He said the race starts at the bottom descent of the col The run features 500 m of gain. Some of the run is over cobblestones. Most of the run has people cheering you on. Whilst on the bike people are yelling "Allez" on the run the go to cheer is "bravo". The first three guys went under 6 hours for the bike barely. I have alot of respect for the French tri scene. Seeing incredibly fit people struggling to finish an iron distance race in 12-16 hours. They had a thousand people for this race in North America I don't think you could have this race hardly anyone would show up. Race was very well supported. Aid stations every 20 k or so on the bike. As stated when I ran out of gas they got me home. Race director responded to my emails when I had some trouble registering and suggested local bike shop I could rent bike from if mine did not show up. I was glad I did it but wouldn't do again because of my fear of fast descent and I'd like to finish my next long race

They constantly try to escape from the darkness outside and within
Dreaming of systems so perfect that no one will need to be good T.S. Eliot

Last edited by: len: Aug 19, 17 23:29
Quote Reply