Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Elite Team Still looking to fill last few Spots
Quote | Reply
We are looking to fill the last few spots on our Elite team. (1-2 men and 2-3 women).

What athletes receive:
- Free entries to team selected races (4-6) based on goal and abilities, including hotel and travel
- Free Ceepo bike (Viper or Katana for non-draft legal, Stinger for draft legal)
- Free wetsuit (brand still in negotiations)
- a Few pair of free running shoes (brand still in negotiations)
- Free rudy project helmet / sunglasses
- team kit, and podium shirt.
- other items from sponsor as they come in we give out the swag

What we are looking for from you:
- Represent our brand as well as our sponsors brands
- attend grassroots, jr. Elite and elite training camps (we pay you for your time working with the athletes lower level camps and we pay for you to attend Elite Camp)
- You may be asked to do media work, including work interview, photo shots or video
- you must use the brands of our sponsors

If this is something that may interest you please contact Derek and info@trihardercoaching.com
Quote Reply
Re: Elite Team Still looking to fill last few Spots [tharder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lots of males application but still looking for a few pro or elite age group women as well

"Strive for perfection and achieve excellence"
http://www.trihardercoaching.com
info@trihardercoaching.com
Receive 20% off at trisports.com
Receive 50% off at Rudy Project
Quote Reply
Re: Elite Team Still looking to fill last few Spots [intltricoach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do you have an under 30 slow non elite age group team?
Quote Reply
Re: Elite Team Still looking to fill last few Spots [LuchaLibre] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LuchaLibre wrote:
Do you have an under 30 slow non elite age group team?

We 100% do. Perks are not the same in terms of free bike and wetsuit and what not but for the average person it is still well worth it. Email info@trihardercoaching.com to ask about it or send me a PM
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Elite team application will be open until midnight Sunday (eastern Standard time). Offers will start going out Tuesday of this week
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Last day to apply for the Elite team. We will open applications for the Age Group team on Monday or Tuesday so stay tuned
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Email sent. I'm not on the forum much, so I feel lucky I saw this post! Having started an elite triathlon program for a non-profit 2 years ago (still in existence & thriving), I know what is required to make this type of program successful, and it looks like a solid plan that has been outlined.

Kathy Rakel
http://www.kathyrakel.com
Quote Reply
Re: Elite Team Still looking to fill last few Spots [kathy.rakel] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Applications are now closed and offers will be going out this week. Thank you all for your interest and please look out for the Application for our Age Group team being released later this week.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The post had two separate offerings, one for age group athletes and one for professionals, I cannot speak for the age group athletes but on the professional side we got left hanging. I signed a contract in November for the 2016 season which included many things such as bikes,wet suits, stipends to cover 6-8 races, (travel, entry, hotel, food) as well as other products.

After having a meeting with the director in November everything seemed to be on track.
In December I wrote to the director for a check in and also called six times with no response. After reaching out to the rest of the team I learned that no one has had contact with the director since the one on one meetings or the announcement of the teams.

Now today after most sponsorship are well passed due to get involved with we receive a email saying the team has been disbanded. We never received any of the promised items or services.

I have now lost opportunities to seek sponsorship from others as I signed a contract stating that we could not get sponsors from competing brands. Since this sponsorship covered just about everything I had no need to look for more.
Last edited by: cbateman: Jan 6, 16 15:57
Quote Reply
Re: Elite Team Still looking to fill last few Spots [cbateman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cbateman wrote:
I cannot speak for the age group athletes but on the professional side we got duped very badly.

I have now lost opportunities to seek sponsorship from others as I signed a contract stating that we could not get sponsors from competing brands. Since this sponsorship covered just about everything I had no need to look for more.

What happened totally sucks, howveer, a bit of semantics with the highlighted word above. It implies that the team organizer from the outset never intended to come through with his promises. I don't know anything about the guy or what happened but my guess is that he had good intentions but was unable to deliver what he promised. On top of that he did a really crappy job of communicating it to those involved. It still sucks but "duped" might be the wrong description.
Quote Reply
Re: Elite Team Still looking to fill last few Spots [logella] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You are correct, just a little frustrated right now.
Quote Reply
Re: Elite Team Still looking to fill last few Spots [logella] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
logella wrote:
cbateman wrote:
I cannot speak for the age group athletes but on the professional side we got duped very badly.

What happened totally sucks, howveer, a bit of semantics with the highlighted word above. It implies that the team organizer from the outset never intended to come through with his promises. I don't know anything about the guy or what happened but my guess is that he had good intentions but was unable to deliver what he promised. On top of that he did a really crappy job of communicating it to those involved. It still sucks but "duped" might be the wrong description.

I l don't know... if he's making this desperate plea for athletes in October and signing contracts in November for a deal that is supposed to begin Jan 1, if he was honest he would have all the funding and sponsors already lined up. To just go dark after the first meeting in November means he had to know by then that things were likely not to turn out well yet he's locking up athletes in contracts anyway and telling them everything is great. Sounds dishonest to me. At best he HOPED everything would magically happen... but that is not enough to lock down sponsorship opportunities for pro athletes! It's very unethical I think- like a material misstatement to a prospective investor.

This whole thing sounded unrealistic from the first post. Has anyone heard of an elite team for fast ag'ers and a few non-brand name pros providing free bikes, wetsuits, entry fees, travel and hotel to its members? And paid appearances at camps? How in the world would this make financial sense? Who would pay for this?

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Founder of VeloVetta Cycling Shoes
Instagram • Facebook
Last edited by: RowToTri: Jan 7, 16 5:35
Quote Reply
Re: Elite Team Still looking to fill last few Spots [cbateman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What happened is unfortunate. As the distributor of Ceepo Bicycles in the states, we are happy to accept resumes from everyone who was promised a bike. Although we can't offer a free one, we can work with everyone at a greatly reduced price.

Feel free to send your resumes to steven@drivetrainsports.com and visit http://www.drivetrainsports.com for all the Ceepo frames and parts.

Steven Harad
Quote Reply
Re: Elite Team Still looking to fill last few Spots [CEEPO USA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CEEPO USA wrote:
What happened is unfortunate. As the distributor of Ceepo Bicycles in the states, we are happy to accept resumes from everyone who was promised a bike. Although we can't offer a free one, we can work with everyone at a greatly reduced price.

Feel free to send your resumes to steven@drivetrainsports.com and visit http://www.drivetrainsports.com for all the Ceepo frames and parts.

Yessir!
Bump.

website/blog | Instagram
Quote Reply
Re: Elite Team Still looking to fill last few Spots [RowToTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I completely agree that the entire situation sucks. My point was simply that the word "duped" implies he was running a scam from the outset. It's just as easy that he went into this with the best of intentions and thought he had things squared away with the various sponsors only for things to fall apart at the last minute. If that's the case he could have certainly been more forthcoming with those athletes that signed on and he deserves to catch hell for that.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
CEEPO USA wrote:
Although we can't offer a free one, we can work with everyone at a greatly reduced price.
This belongs on the thread why the bike business is hard. smh

Trent Nix
Owned and operated Tri Shop
F.I.S.T. Advanced Certified Fitter | Retul Master Certified Fitter (back when those were things)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
CEEPO USA wrote:

Wow what a great gesture from CEEPO! I've been moved by this and will offer a coupon code for XTerra wetsuits, so none of those duped have to pay full price. It's XTERRA10 for 10% off your next wetsuit from Xterra Wetsuits (valid through today only, not valid on Lava products or Vendetta wetsuit). Please don't widely distribute it!
Quote Reply
Re: Elite Team Still looking to fill last few Spots [greatland] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
greatland wrote:
CEEPO USA wrote:

Wow what a great gesture from CEEPO! I've been moved by this and will offer a coupon code for XTerra wetsuits, so none of those duped have to pay full price. It's XTERRA10 for 10% off your next wetsuit from Xterra Wetsuits (valid through today only, not valid on Lava products or Vendetta wetsuit). Please don't widely distribute it!

Please don't widely share a 10 percent Xterra discount code?! As though anyone, ever, has paid the inflated list price for an Xterra wetsuit. Gotta be frank with you, Xterra's misleading perma-sale strategy gets it a lot of ill will with the folks I swim with, despite it having great customer service and making a decent wetsuit.
Quote Reply