Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Elite Direto Wheel Circumference
Quote | Reply
Hi again...got my Elite Direto and IA-10 together and have an issue with them matching in speed. The circumference in the E-training app is listed as 2070 but I saw in Shane Millers video that you need to change th circumference to 173 (I think it was that). Anywho when I ride in the Elite app my speed is around 35 km/h on 170 watts (which is ridiculous because that doesnt translate to outdoor speed at all). Right now its at 2070 on the app and I am thinking I should change it but I don't see it in the manual that came with the trainer. I know they need to match for my 520 to display the same speed as the Direto so what have you guys read/heard? I want them both to match (or be as close as possible obviously). Thanks.

"see the world as it is not as you want it to be"
Quote Reply
Re: Elite Direto Wheel Circumference [TizzleDK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Off the top of my head -

Elite MyETraining App: Leave it default.
Zwift: N/A. Zwift uses power (and other variables) for speed/distance.
Garmin / Wahoo head unit: Speed sensor set to 173mm.

I'm not quite sure what you're wanting to do... use MyETraining and your Edge 520 to record the ride twice and have the virtual speed/distance match? Indoors is hours and powers... the rest is make believe :) I'd choose one source and use that.

Shane Miller - GPLama
YouTube | Web | Twitter | Instagram | Facebook | Strava
Quote Reply
Re: Elite Direto Wheel Circumference [gplama] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the reply....I will change the Garmin Speed/cadence sensor to 173mm. Basically I will use Trainer road as my primary training tool I was just playing around with the Elite app. I have Trainer Road paired with the Direto and it will use it for everything and I will just use the Garmin for my own use when I am staring down between the aerobars. :)

Quote Reply
Re: Elite Direto Wheel Circumference [gplama] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gplama wrote:
Indoors is hours and powers...the rest is make believe.

Ha, I really like that!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mark a spot on the tire, roll it out and then measure the distance. The wheel is only partially relevant the tire is going to make a bigger difference.
Quote Reply
Re: Elite Direto Wheel Circumference [Grant.Reuter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
173 is the way to go on the Edge 520 for the Direto as Shane pointed out. Its a direct drive trainer.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ahh sorry misunderstood.
Quote Reply
Re: Elite Direto Wheel Circumference [Grant.Reuter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No worries...now if you speak to DeSoto tell I humbly request a sleeved tri suit like my old Forza in white :))))))

Quote Reply