Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Ekoi CXR aero helmets
Quote | Reply
 Any information on these helmets you would like to share? I can't find hardly any data on performance from wind tunnel test or even really any reviews online.

There seems to be more of a cult following in Europe, as that is where they distribute products.

With the conversion rate right now it is a steal and my aero helmet broke last race. I really don't see an opportunity for me to do any wind tunnel test in my near future.

I purchased some Ekoi sunglasses and I was very impressed with quality, fit, and performance. I also like the customization approach from the company.
Quote Reply
Re: Ekoi CXR aero helmets [Trentw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had such a helmet and traded it for a Rudy Project in Kona.....I miss the Ekoi! With basically no tail, you can look down and save your neck on long course racing.

I have a hard time to kept my head up the whole time for a full IM to get the full benefits from a typical areo helmet.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Also worth looking at the new Planet X Bambino Kask copy for £100.
Worth checking whether either of these helmets are certified for where you race, just in case they're thorough when you register.

SteveMc
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Trentw wrote:
Any information on these helmets you would like to share? I can't find hardly any data on performance from wind tunnel test or even really any reviews online.

There seems to be more of a cult following in Europe, as that is where they distribute products.

With the conversion rate right now it is a steal and my aero helmet broke last race. I really don't see an opportunity for me to do any wind tunnel test in my near future.

I purchased some Ekoi sunglasses and I was very impressed with quality, fit, and performance. I also like the customization approach from the company.

Given all we know about the Giro Aerohead. Unless you have personally tested the Ekoi I don't see how you pass on the Aerohead. Conversion or not the Giro Aerohead at $250 is incredibly reasonable for a state of the art helmet that has been shown to test very very fast on nearly every rider. Problem is, that certain colors and sizes are getting tough to find given that it has been selling so well.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you are in the US, any USAT/WTC race (outside of Kona or another world championship) are going to require a helmet that meets the CPSC standards. I looks like the CXR does not have CPSC certification.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thank you all for the feedback. I appreciate it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ekoi sent me a test helmet a while back and it had no certification stickers. I asked them about it and they told me that it was certified. I told them that without the sticker the helmet is worthless to me, as it can't be raced in the USA, but they simply would not hear this and went back and forth with me. I returned it to them a couple months later in Kona, and they simply passed on that helmet to a different magazine (with my name misspelled on the side of it.) :-)
Quote Reply
Re: Ekoi CXR aero helmets [Herbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sounds like typical French. ;) But, it did work for Van Leirde in Kona....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Look also at the POC cerebel
Quote Reply
Re: Ekoi CXR aero helmets [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thomas Gerlach wrote:
Trentw wrote:

Given all we know about the Giro Aerohead. Unless you have personally tested the Ekoi I don't see how you pass on the Aerohead. Conversion or not the Giro Aerohead at $250 is incredibly reasonable for a state of the art helmet that has been shown to test very very fast on nearly every rider. Problem is, that certain colors and sizes are getting tough to find given that it has been selling so well.

Aerohead does seem to be picking up steam, wondering when it will be available outside of the US though.. Also, who's Amazon affiliate link are people clicking on there?
Quote Reply
Re: Ekoi CXR aero helmets [snaaijert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
snaaijert wrote:
Thomas Gerlach wrote:
Trentw wrote:

Aerohead does seem to be picking up steam, wondering when it will be available outside of the US though.. Also, who's Amazon affiliate link are people clicking on there?

You could just purchase one from the US. They come with the CE sticker as well.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply