Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Edge 520 and power meter "caiibration"
Quote | Reply
My 520 (and my 500 before that) used to detect a power meter on power-up of the Edge and ask if I wanted to calibrate (zero offset). At some point, it would appear an update has killed that feature and now I need to drill down several levels into the menu before each ride to do that. Anyone know if there is a setting that allows zeroing right on start up?
Quote Reply
Re: Edge 520 and power meter "caiibration" [J_R] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not that I'm aware of. But there is faster way. From the home screen, hit the "Up" arrow. This takes you into the "quick launch" menu. It will have all your ANT+ sensors that are connected listed here. There's a quick on any connected power meter to "Calibrate."

You're welcome.

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Re: Edge 520 and power meter "caiibration" [J_R] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you let your PM pair to the Garmin, you can enable or disable that calibrate feature under that sensor's details page.

Menu -> Settings -> Sensors -> Your PM -> Sensor Details -> Calibration Prompt.
Last edited by: rijndael: Apr 23, 17 13:17
Quote Reply
Re: Edge 520 and power meter "caiibration" [rijndael] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rijndael wrote:
If you let your PM pair to the Garmin, you can enable or disable that calibrate feature under that sensor's details page.

Oh. That's even better. Thx.

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Re: Edge 520 and power meter "caiibration" [rijndael] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rijndael wrote:

Awesome, thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Edge 520 and power meter "caiibration" [Rappstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rappstar wrote:
Not that I'm aware of. But there is faster way. From the home screen, hit the "Up" arrow. This takes you into the "quick launch" menu. It will have all your ANT+ sensors that are connected listed here. There's a quick on any connected power meter to "Calibrate."

You're welcome.

Looks like from the other post that the feature can be enabled again, but good to know about the quick launch. Much appreciated.
Quote Reply