Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Edge 520 Average Power Jumping Around
Quote | Reply
Anyone else have an issue where the average power will jump around significantly? Most noticeable in shorter intervals but I see it all over.

Symptoms:
  • At the beginning of the interval average power will randomly drop by ~10-20w for a second or two and then pop right back to where it should be.
  • On any building interval most times my average power is about to go up by 1w it will drop by 1w for a couple seconds, and then jump up 2w to where it should be.

My 10s power will not show any drop during this time and my uploaded files aren't showing any dropouts, etc.

It all happens fast enough that it doesn't really matter... but seem odd. Ideas?
Last edited by: rlh212: Feb 10, 17 7:13
Quote Reply
Re: Edge 520 Average Power Jumping Around [rlh212] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i've seen it on my 520
Quote Reply
Re: Edge 520 Average Power Jumping Around [rlh212] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've seen the thing with dropping down 1W and going back up 1W again without my power having been under the average power - i.e. the average power cannot have dropped like it said.

It might be some timing issue where it calculates the average before before it gets the next power value from the powermeter. But it's really such a minor thing it's only of academic interest.
Quote Reply