Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Edge 520 - out of battery at random intervals
Quote | Reply
I have been having weird issues with my edge 520. Every now and then after an indoor training session I'd turn it off with about 60-70% of battery left.. go ride outside the next day and boom - battery drained after 5-10 mins of riding. Had the original replaced and still seeing the same issue with the replacement unit. Anyone else having the same problem? The latest firmware, GLONASS turned off (I am in North America)....

Next races on the schedule: none at the moment
Quote Reply
Re: Edge 520 - out of battery at random intervals [alex_korr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
alex_korr wrote:
I have been having weird issues with my edge 520. Every now and then after an indoor training session I'd turn it off with about 60-70% of battery left.. go ride outside the next day and boom - battery drained after 5-10 mins of riding. Had the original replaced and still seeing the same issue with the replacement unit. Anyone else having the same problem? The latest firmware, GLONASS turned off (I am in North America)....

I've seen some similar battery life issues randomly with my 520. I noticed a post somewhere that mentioned the unit may behave differently if charged from a USB computer connection versus a USB charger. Since seeing this info I've tried to charge using the USB charger. I think this may have worked, but you know, the randomness means maybe this is just wishful thinking.
Quote Reply
Re: Edge 520 - out of battery at random intervals [alex_korr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
When you first turn it on the next day, what does the battery meter say? Still at 60-70%?
Quote Reply
Re: Edge 520 - out of battery at random intervals [JoeO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You know, I am not sure. I need to get into a habit of checking the battery levels before each ride. I always charge the unit after the battery charge level falls under 40%.

Next races on the schedule: none at the moment
Quote Reply