Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Ebay/Paypal problem:
Quote | Reply
i sold a $250 item on ebay to kenya. all legit, got paid through paypal, and shipped via registered mail with tracking number (have receipt). the postal service web site shows it was sent to kenya alright. the guy still didn't get it after almost two months, and i have a feeling he might not get it ever...

never happened to me before (and i sell/ship a lot worldwide). what's now?

==================
Ditch the carbage - Go keto!
Last edited by: dindu: Sep 13, 12 4:36
Quote Reply
Re: Ebay/Paypal question: [dindu] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you insured it, file a claim w/ USPS. Happened to me (sent something to Brazil, ended up "missing").
If not insured, you may be SOL. I rarely ship anything international these days (and only ship USPS Express International - very expensive).
Quote Reply
Re: Ebay/Paypal problem: [dindu] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My business ships all over the world with USPS. All of their services (except First Class International) have tracking to some degree now, but still, yes, they occasionally "lose" our packages. Generally, that happens when the package is handed off to the postal service or contracting agency in the receiving country, particularly in 2nd or 3rd world countries where the postal system isn't as developed. As others have said, if you have insurance, file the claim, though it's a PITA and takes like 2 months to get paid. If no claim, you are out of luck and really should refund the guy's money.

------------------
My business-eBodyboarding.com
Quote Reply
Re: Ebay/Paypal problem: [TriBodyboarder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
doesn't ebay / paypal offer any insurance?

==================
Ditch the carbage - Go keto!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No, not for lost packages. Paypal (and by definition eBay since they own them) will cover the buyer if nothing shows up. But as the seller, you are responsible to insure packages. If you don't and nothing arrives, you're out of luck because Paypal will take the money and refund the buyer. Showing proof of shipping is not enough, you need proof it arrived. I always insure packages for this reason, especially internationally.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
start the tracking request now.

A lot of times these get held up in customs, often with duty owed, or some other delivery exception.

You have a LIMITED TIME to start the inquiry... Even if there is tracking.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
And my experience with USPS international is that it is almost impossible to get paid on insurance. I believe they have switched to an outside provider, but its been at least 2 years since I sold anything on ebay internationally & shipped USPS----had too many packages disappear once they hit the other country. I'll ship Fedex or UPS, but its to much $$$$$ & hassle. Now I just sell only domestically or Canada.

"There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs." John Rogers
Quote Reply