Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
ELITE Bikes
Quote | Reply
I am new her on the forum and I am sure it has been discussed before, but, could someone please give me some insight into the ELITE bike? Are they good? Nice? Okay? Stiff? Light? You get the point, any info would be great. Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: ELITE Bikes [cochise] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Great bikes - exceptional customer service and support!!!

For more specific info - others will post as many forum readers ride Elite.

I don't but know a few that do and they LOVE their bikes!

Welcome to the forum by the way - chances are - someone will tell you your seat is too high - before too long. It is an inside joke - don't let it bother you
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Check out the website at www.elitebicycles.com. Elite bikes are definitely of the utmost quality. I'm not positive but I think David gives a lifetime warranty on the frame. It's not going to break.

Here are the reasons you should get an Elite:

1. If you live in the Philly area (or you can fly there) you can get fitted by David Greenfield. He's fitted AG world champions, olympic athletes, and a guy that road in the tour. David pays attention to detail and that is what you want when you are buying a bike.

2. I believe they give free tune-ups at the races they go to if you own an Elite. For instance, IMFL and Eagleman. I'm sure they go to others, but not sure which races.

3. You can get a custom paint job on the frame. Anything you want.

4.) You will get the best customer service anywhere. It's a well run business and David cares about the people that ride his bikes.

Their phone number is 215-732-8973. Call it up. When I get a chance I will post a pic of my Elite.
Quote Reply
Re: ELITE Bikes [AndrewJ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the reply you guys. Please send a picture and if anyone else wants to add anything please do.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a Razor (custom geometry)and love it. David (the owner) really knows how to make the bike fit to you. I train about 75% of the time on mine as well as racing and it never misses a beat. I have found it to be stiff enough for my taste, and I can still ride it for 6+ hours without any problems. It is silly light to boot. This bike is about function, not hype. The tubing on the bike is super aero, the rear brake cable is internally routed (but not the shifter cables so it is easier for maintenance), the seat stays are stiff and aero and I like the Reynolds fork. Some may say that Aluminum is dying, but like Ti or Carbon, it really matters who builds it and the grade of material used. I have ridden carbon, Ti and Alu-Carbon, and this all aluminum beauty beats them all. Plus you can get really cool custom paint if you'd like.
Another bonus is the free maintenance at any 70.3 or IMNA race. I used that in Hawaii and the service was excellent. Basically, I don't think you can go wrong with any Elite product, especially a custom built Razor.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You just plain cant go wrong with an Elite - period. David will fit you as perfect as you can get, you get to pick any colors you want. Great bikes, great great bikes.

----------------------------------------------------------

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Our team rides Elite...I have two....a T-class tri bike and a Joule road bike...love them both. I raced bikes for a long time and thought I'd never ride anything but a Litespeed...until I got an Elite! BTW...that's a custom team paint job!http://tinypic.com/k3q63l.jpg

"In order to arrive at what you are not, you must move throught the way in which you are not."
T.S. Elliot
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Elite is great - I have a custom fit razor that is right on. Getting the right bike stopped a lot of the pain I was having. Customer service is great.
Quote Reply
Re: ELITE Bikes [SpinHo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
haha. i love the team name and that paint job is super slick

--
mcoker
Quote Reply
Re: ELITE Bikes [mcoker] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Decision made thanks everyone...cool picture and team name for sure.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I do not own an Elite but if you search this forum, you will nothing but praise. I seriously considered buying one but got a deal on another manufacturer that was just too sweet to pass up.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Welcome! Actually, the owner posts here often. You can search for his name as I think his handle has Elite in it as well. Funny: 3 "strong" tri bike makers have reps that post here often (Cervelo, Litespeed and Elite). Honestly, with the numbers on this forum, strong opinions, HUGE database of bikes owned (count me in for sure), I really think this forum can change/increase a companies sales volume.

Re: ELITE Bikes [SpinHo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Our team rides Elite...I have two....a T-class tri bike and a Joule road bike...love them both. I raced bikes for a long time and thought I'd never ride anything but a Litespeed...until I got an Elite! BTW...that's a custom team paint job!http://tinypic.com/k3q63l.jpg

Quote Reply
Re: ELITE Bikes [marsteller] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:

2. I believe they give free tune-ups at the races they go to if you own an Elite. For instance, IMFL and Eagleman. I'm sure they go to others, but not sure which races.
Add IMLP, David gave me a free tune up - on my Softride.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dave's got to be one of the hardest working people in the triathlon bike business.

Lots of experience, can even be fun to be around.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Another very satisfied Elite owner (I'm on my 3rd one). Great bike, great fitting, great customer service, great paint.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

I second all of the above good comments and add one word - FAST.

(and I am referring to the bike).

Support Crew
This information contained herein has been assembled for your assistance and convenience. It is believed to be reliable, however, its accuracy cannot be guaranteed. All opinions shown are subject to change without notice.
Quote Reply
Re: ELITE Bikes [sevans] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sevans - Hey, is that the exclusive Elite Ti bike I saw in the shop last summer? How are you liking it?

Back to the original topic. Based only on word of mouth recommendations, the number of Elites owners in our triclub has jumped from 3 to 10. And that doesn't count the number of members driving over an hour to see David for fittings on other brands. I'm on numbers 2 and 3 myself (T-class and Joule) and my wife has an older T-class (serial 0017).

Can't say enough good things about the customer service. Before IMH, I had a bike packing emergency that David came into the shop on zero hours sleep after driving cross-country from Interbike to resolve. Then after my wife had a minor incident with a car while training in Honolulu a week before Kona, David arranged to have the bike fixed and tuned up at no charge to us.

Chris
Quote Reply
Re: ELITE Bikes [crmartin9] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey Chris,

Yeah, that's the one and only Ti Elite. I love it. It took a few weeks for my body to get used to no longer being on a beam bike (I had an Aria) but I am totally in love with the ride now. Rode it in Lake Placid with zero problems and was perfectly comfortable. Does your wife have one of the original yellow and black T Class bikes? I had one of them and a friend of mine has one too. Those things were not the most comfortable for long rides but they were fast and respnsive!

To echo what you said, Dave has gone far out of his way to help me and others with last minute prerace needs, regardless of what brand of bike they rode. Half of my training partners are on Elites and we all love them.
Quote Reply
Re: ELITE Bikes [sevans] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sweet ride! How does the weight compare to a comparable Easton Ultralite frame? I was under the impression the Ti was a bit heavier.

My wife's bike was originally painted yellow, but she had it repainted a custom purple and silver fade. I have a training partner who has serial 0007 and his only complaint about his bike is that it is a little too stiff and unforgiving. But certainly not to the point that he has considering getting a new bike as he shelled out big bucks last spring to get a new exotic custom paint scheme on the frame.

In any case, the balance between stiffness and comfort is definitely something that has been tweaked and refined with the succeeding generations. I was cranking out 6+ hour rides last summer on my '05 T-class without any comfort issues whatsoever.

Chris
Quote Reply
Re: ELITE Bikes [crmartin9] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's a tad heavier than my friend's Razor but only a little bit. It weighed in around 19 pounds without pedals. I can lose plenty of weight off of me before I start worrying about a pound on my bike. You are correct, the newer T Classes are completely different from the original 'bumblebees' of the late 90s. Comfort is no longer sacrificed for speed. All of my T-Class/Razor riding friends have done IMs on their Elites with no comfort issues whatsoever.

I'll look for you at the Philly Tri, you'll be finishing as I'm hitting mile 1 or 2 on the run.

Steve
Quote Reply
Re: ELITE Bikes [support crew] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You mean you're not referring to the snakeskin shoes? Another cool thing, how many other companies would make a 'funny bike' for their customers?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

My custom Elite Joule Pro Carbon....hella sweet ride

Quote Reply
Re: ELITE Bikes [Record10Carbon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for posting that for me!

But I feel like you never really "make it" here at Slowtwitch until your picture is on the Hottie Thread, so...........

hahahahaa

"In order to arrive at what you are not, you must move throught the way in which you are not."
T.S. Elliot
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I bought an Elite as my entry into the tri world - it was used from someone in North Carolina. Amazing bike (even if it is a 2001 model) and I will definitely buy Elite again. I just recently sent them an email and was pleasantly surprised that David responded himself. Great company, great customer service. And the custom paint job is sweet...my next one will have a Canadian theme. Just need to find the cash.

One thing I have read about them is that they don't give away bikes to pro's...so the fact that Sheila Taormina (sp?) rides Elite speaks volumes to me.

Good athletes train when they want to, great athletes train when they don't......

Quote Reply

Prev Next