Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
E-Rudy: bad cust. serv. experience (Update)
Quote | Reply
*** See this post for an update. ***

I'm not impressed with E-Rudy customer service.

Understandably, delays in production happen, but I pre-ordered the Wing57 last October. Despite the small print in the order confirmation stating that I'd be updated regarding backorders, they did not communicate with me at each of the production delays. I've had to contact them to discover the order status. In my last phone call with them I suggested that it would be professional to keep customers informed of, and apologize for, delays. The support person got in a huff and said that they are a small office and don't have the resources to keep customers up to date. (He was also adamant that the Wing57 was a one-size-fits-all and not of two different sizes--despite the website and personal reports to the contrary.)

I just called to cancel my order since I've purchased a Giro AA instead. It turns out that my order had already been voided, without my consent. Yep, I'm happy not to be a customer of E-Rudy, but I'm not impressed with how the issue was handled. (Although the support person on the phone today was quite pleasant.)

/Howie Nordström
Last edited by: lllusion: May 6, 14 12:15
Quote Reply
Re: E-Rudy: bad cust. serv. experience [lllusion] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had an interesting experience with them too though not as bad as yours. I bought their helmet case http://www.e-rudy.com/...ucts/detail/RA080049 and the guy on the phone told me it would fit the Wingspan. Well...it doesn't and I'm stuck with it now. Sucks that you had such a bad experience

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Like many outfits, one's experience can be determined by the person you encounter, and you never know what kind of day they're having. Personally, I've had nothing but positive interactions & experiences with Rudy Project. Sorry you guys have.

As a disclaimer, I am part of RP's "bro" program, so I enjoy pretty good discounts on their stuff. Not sure if that matters when it comes to customer service, although I don't feel it should. In any event, it's good that the OP found something that works for him.

#cureMS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Greetings,
I represent Rudy Project North America and E-Rudy.com. I'm shocked to hear of your trouble with our Customer Support: This is absolutely out of the norm for us and not representative of how we handle things. On behalf of everyone here, I'd like to apologize for the way you've been treated and get to the bottom of what happened. We simply will not stand for any of our customers being treated like this.

Please email me when you have the chance with your name and a phone number I could contact you at. I will work with you to make things right, and see to it that we use your unpleasant experience as a case-study for all of our future customer relations.

Thank you and again, sorry for the trouble you've had.
-Devin Johnson
Director of Public Relations
pr@rudyprojectusa.com
Quote Reply
Re: E-Rudy: bad cust. serv. experience [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bryan,
If you get the chance, please email me as well - I'd like to talk with you about the helmet case and why it didn't fit. They have been specifically designed to fit the Wingspan helmets, so I'm not sure why it didn't. Regardless, we have a 90 day return policy at E-Rudy.com, so you should have been offered a refund.

Thank you and sorry for your troubles,
-Devin Johnson
Director of Public Relations for Rudy Project North America
pr@rudyprojectusa.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I hear you loud and clear.

I bought some Rudy Project Sunglasses which cracked down the middle on the 2nd wear.

I bought them in the US and am from Australia so Rudy Australia wouldn't deal with me. Rudys answer was send them back to the US and pay the $50 postage myself...

I ended up sending them back and they sent me another pair which also cracked in the same place after 5 wears...

Again they asked me to send them back but I couldn't justify spending another $50 for the same result.

In my experience: Rudy Project = bad product & bad service! But maybe I just got unlucky...
Quote Reply
Re: E-Rudy: bad cust. serv. experience [dseiler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How do you become part of their program? I've been wanting to contact someone about some kind of sponsorship but every time I go their sponsorship page online, I'm confused... Or maybe I'm an idiot. Sorry for the thread jack.

blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
a couple of years ago I got a pair of Rudy Project Rydon glasses that were fitted with Multi Focal Transition lenses.
they're still perfect and have been a revolution to my riding. being able to see my garmin on the go is great.
Rudy Project in Australia were just fantastic.
I know that's not North America but still, they are a good company to deal with.
Quote Reply
Re: E-Rudy: bad cust. serv. experience [RudyProjectNA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So your never going to stop laughing when I say this...but I had the Rudy Project Wingspan helmet put inside the helmet case backwards. It fits perfectly fine now. I feel stupid

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
never a LIKE button when you need one. lmao cuz i do dumb crap like this all the time...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Rudy used to have an awesome customer service guy. His name eludes me at the moment but I'm pretty sure it started with an "H". I'm not sure if he got promoted or moved on but ever since, I've heard bad things about their CS.

My wife had a bad experience with a RP rep at Vineman last year. She needs polarized sunglasses due to an eye condition and she was going to buy them but the guy was such a douchebag, she didn't want the guy to get credit for the sale. She did end up buying them online though because we like the Rudy products.
Quote Reply
Re: E-Rudy: bad cust. serv. experience [cjbruin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cjbruin wrote:
Rudy used to have an awesome customer service guy. His name eludes me at the moment but I'm pretty sure it started with an "H". I'm not sure if he got promoted or moved on but ever since, I've heard bad things about their CS.

My wife had a bad experience with a RP rep at Vineman last year. She needs polarized sunglasses due to an eye condition and she was going to buy them but the guy was such a douchebag, she didn't want the guy to get credit for the sale. She did end up buying them online though because we like the Rudy products.

Heath works most of their west coast race expos and is the bomb! Awesome guy. His wife was with him at Wildflower last year too. I've worked w/ them for about 4 yrs and have had great experiences at the expos, ordering, and any issues that may have come up when talking w/ customer service.

Quote | Reply
I don't know if it was Heath but whoever it was was rude and condescending to my wife and her friend.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
lllusion wrote:
I'm not impressed with E-Rudy customer service

As mentioned before, I'm part of Rudy Project's "Bro" program, so I am a bit biased here. </transparency>

Yesterday, I ordered a couple of helmets & a pair of sunglasses but second-guessed on the color of the helmet for my wife. A quick phone call to e-Rudy support today connected me to Kim who was able to alter the color of one of the helmets and modify the shipping to get it here in time for my wife's race next Sunday. While there was an additional charge for the shipping, it's worth the $15.50 to make my wife's Mother's Day weekend race safe & stylish. So, thank you Kim at Rudy Project. :)

#cureMS
Quote Reply
Re: E-Rudy: bad cust. serv. experience [dseiler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dseiler wrote:
Yesterday, I ordered a couple of helmets & a pair of sunglasses but second-guessed on the color of the helmet for my wife. A quick phone call to e-Rudy support today connected me to Kim who was able to alter the color of one of the helmets and modify the shipping to get it here in time for my wife's race next Sunday. While there was an additional charge for the shipping, it's worth the $15.50 to make my wife's Mother's Day weekend race safe & stylish. So, thank you Kim at Rudy Project. :)
Kim was who helped me during my last customer service call. She was great!

/Howie Nordström
Quote Reply
Re: E-Rudy: bad cust. serv. experience (Update) [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm very happy to report that Paul Craig, President of Rudy Project NA, called me to discuss my recent experience. He listened and asked questions to better understand what happened. Paul apologized on behalf of all at RP, and graciously made an offer as amends. It is clear to me that he cares about his company and in customer confidence. Thank you Devin and Paul.

/Howie Nordström
Quote Reply
Post deleted by racegirl6 [ In reply to ]
Re: E-Rudy: bad cust. serv. experience [racegirl6] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
just registered to day huh???? Hmmmmmm does your name happen to be Harry?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think if one never shops again at a place who once gives them an issue, we'd have very little places left. Rudy's products are the best going, they actually care about triathlon and give a ton back to the sport, unlike many others. I think if you do some more searching you'll find the overwhelming majority absolutely love and admire Rudy's service and products. The fact that Paul actually called and solved an issue speaks volumes. Ever get a call from the company owner? I think you need to reevaluate, as buying on E-bay is very likely a knock off product.
Quote Reply
Last edited by: racegirl6: Feb 11, 15 12:19
Quote | Reply
I'm confused......

if you buy RP on ebay, you aren't supporting the company?

Ok then, carry on....

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well basing your actions on one "he said, she said" escapade seems rather naive at best. Make sure you have the story right before you cast stones. We've all been shown to wrong in trusting the wrong source.
Quote Reply

Prev Next