Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Dura Ace 9000 11spd crankset compatible w/10spd
Quote | Reply
Hello,
I'm looking to get a new compact crankset for my road bike and was wondering if I could run the new 11spd crankset with my current 10spd until I can afford to upgrade the cassette, chain and rear derailleur. Also any ideas or experience on the 50/34 vs. 52/36 Shimano offers either pro or con. It seems that the 11spd chain has the same internal width as the 10spd, but the side plates are thinner giving a narrower width. Seems like it would work with the 10 or 11 spd chain set up. I run 180mm cranks as I'm tall and live in a hilly area so the compact would help drag my old body up the hills sitting down...If anyone has some Shimano 7900 or 9000 180mm compacts they want to sell as most of you seem to be going shorter on your tri bikes give me a shout.
Thanks a bunch
Quote Reply
Re: Dura Ace 9000 11spd crankset compatible w/10spd [Power Giant] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, you can use the Dura Ace 9000 11spd crankset with the 10spd drivetrain. But, make sure you use the 7901 chain!

I have the 9000 with 7900 front and rear der, with 7901 chain, on my TT bike. Works great, no issues so far.

-----------------------------------------------------
But, he said I was an Ironman.
Quote Reply
Re: Dura Ace 9000 11spd crankset compatible w/10spd [Power Giant] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yep. I'm running the 9000 crank with the 6770 on one bike and with SRAM Red on another.
Quote Reply
Re: Dura Ace 9000 11spd crankset compatible w/10spd [FatandSlow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey you guys thanks for giving your feedback. After looking at the chain dimensions I couldn't see why it wouldn't work. Looks like the 7901 chain works best with the ramps on the new crank. Now I just need to find a set of 50/34 cheap. Pretty funny on ebay they are priced from $379-$752 quit the range. PBK only has 175mm and I need 180mm. So I'll have to be patient and wait for some to pop up. Thanks!
Quote Reply