Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Dubai Marathon Results
Quote | Reply
Top 10 men all from Ethiopia - virtually all under 2:10.

Top 7 ladies all from Ethiopia - all 2:21 or under.

Somebody needs to do a cluster analysis on that lot - I mean - Really?!?!?!?!? I think we are sadly entering into the realm of the ridiculous. It reminds me of US postal and their utter domination of the TDF in the early 00's.

He who understands the WHY, will understand the HOW.
Quote Reply
Re: Dubai Marathon Results [earthling] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They had a "field sprint" in the men's race over the final few hundred meters among the top 6 - 7 men. Pretty dramatic!

Both men's amd women's fields while not producing world records, were the deepest and most competitive marathon's ever run.

More at LetsRun of course - http://www.letsrun.com/...5-4-women-break-220/

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
earthling wrote:
Top 10 men all from Ethiopia - virtually all under 2:10.

Top 7 ladies all from Ethiopia - all 2:21 or under.

Somebody needs to do a cluster analysis on that lot - I mean - Really?!?!?!?!? I think we are sadly entering into the realm of the ridiculous. It reminds me of US postal and their utter domination of the TDF in the early 00's.

posting on slowtwitch with no mention of bike.. no one cares. haha.

yes that is an impressive feat. it would be great if runners that are gambling to break 2 at berlin would try on this course. supposedly these are the B runners who are possibly doping. I dont know. still impressive

what...a... finish!

1:55:00 into the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cR8hYlm74Rc
Quote Reply
Re: Dubai Marathon Results [synthetic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah maybe I should start a thread 'whats the best way to test FTP' :-)

He who understands the WHY, will understand the HOW.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
earthling wrote:

2 hour run, 1 hour ride, 40K ITT...take your pick. These guys were around 5.8 meters per second for 2 hours, so let's call it 6 meters per second over 1 hour....so that's around 6 watts per kilo. They probably win the ST FTP per kilo thread.

Can we go back to running now?

As for a bunch of poor kids potentially doping to play in the show and earn a solid living, how are we more surprised by that, than poor kids in the US doping to play college football or basketball? Different sports, same socio-economic motivations.
Quote Reply
Re: Dubai Marathon Results [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
earthling wrote:

2 hour run, 1 hour ride, 40K ITT...take your pick. These guys were around 5.8 meters per second for 2 hours, so let's call it 6 meters per second over 1 hour....so that's around 6 watts per kilo. They probably win the ST FTP per kilo thread.

Can we go back to running now?

As for a bunch of poor kids potentially doping to play in the show and earn a solid living, how are we more surprised by that, than poor kids in the US doping to play college football or basketball? Different sports, same socio-economic motivations.

never heard of doping for basketball... but i know doping is big for american football, and the nfl is very lax about it. i dont think the ncaa even tests (non d1 for sure).. i knew plenty enhanced folk
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
synthetic wrote:
never heard of doping for basketball... but i know doping is big for american football, and the nfl is very lax about it. i dont think the ncaa even tests (non d1 for sure).. i knew plenty enhanced folk

Here you go:
https://www.nytimes.com/...g-a-doping-test.html
Last edited by: Art M.: Jan 27, 18 16:48
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
never heard of doping for basketball..//

I imagine the drugs are more sophistacted these days, but back in the 70's and 80's the teams used to go through kilos of coke like it was gatorade. One of the things that kept Kareem broke after a 20+ year career and then having to file bankruptcy. Nothing like going into the locker room at half time and snorting up a mountain of snow to come out flying in that 2nd half. Remember those migrants Kareem used to have? And then of course the guys would get hooked and then continue with more at parties that make Hugh Hefner look like a churchie. Those dudes could and did party like they were not going to live past their careers, and of course Magic just got lucky that they found a cure(well almost) for AIDS right about the time he partied himself into that situation. I heard from a well placed source back then that the lakers even had a guy that just travelled with the team to keep the drugs for everyone. Makes sense since it was out in the open pretty much and that way you dont have a bunch of your start out trying to score coke, or having to carry it around all the time..
Quote Reply
Re: Dubai Marathon Results [Art M.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Art M. wrote:
synthetic wrote:

Here you go:

article written 2017... "Since the N.B.A. began testing for performance-enhancing drugs in 1998-99, fewer than a dozen players have been suspended under the program — none of them substantially better known than Noah."

its not that popular to dope in basketball. sure some of the big names used party drugs... post game. As for football... it already starts in highschool
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
synthetic wrote:
Art M. wrote:
synthetic wrote:

Here you go:

article written 2017... "Since the N.B.A. began testing for performance-enhancing drugs in 1998-99, fewer than a dozen players have been suspended under the program — none of them substantially better known than Noah."

its not that popular to dope in basketball. sure some of the big names used party drugs... post game. As for football... it already starts in highschool

Maybe I am an idiot, but I am just assuming that EPO and blood bags would be table stakes in the NBA with all that running around and jumping. Or did the NBA guys not yet read about Juventus' miracle years in the 90's around the time that Bjaarne Riis was Mr. 60 percent and Moreno Argentin was winning Liege Bastogne Liege and Fleche Wallone with Gewiss powered by Dr. Ferrari...fun read:

https://www.pezcyclingnews.com/racing/racenews-07/the-too-good-to-be-true-fleche-1994/#.Wm02z6inHIU
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
synthetic wrote:

First of all, NBA's testing is a joke. They run it themselves and it's obviously in their best interest to keep it like this.
None of good players are playing clean. Just look at them, they all look like action figures.
Quote Reply
Re: Dubai Marathon Results [Thorax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thorax wrote:
synthetic wrote:

First of all, NBA's testing is a joke. They run it themselves and it's obviously in their best interest to keep it like this.
None of good players are playing clean. Just look at them, they all look like action figures.

Soccer is doped to the gils, I don't see why basketball-another big money sport requiring power, agility and near constant motion-would be any different. If the bio passport can't reliably detect EPO microdosing and transfusions, there is virtually no chance that occasional NBA testing could. Mix in the requisite androgens and growth hormones and you have the superhuman, triple-double machines that you see before you.

Professional Athlete: http://jordancheyne.wordpress.com/ http://www.strava.com/athletes/145340

Coaching Services:http://www.peakformcoaching.com/

Quote Reply
Re: Dubai Marathon Results [Jordano] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jordano wrote:
Thorax wrote:
synthetic wrote:

Soccer is doped to the gils, I don't see why basketball-another big money sport requiring power, agility and near constant motion-would be any different. If the bio passport can't reliably detect EPO microdosing and transfusions, there is virtually no chance that occasional NBA testing could. Mix in the requisite androgens and growth hormones and you have the superhuman, triple-double machines that you see before you.

That is the point. Also let's say you are on an NCAA div 1 team, do you dope to keep your place on the squad (at the low end) and do you dope to get drafted into the NBA (at the high end). The answer to this is likely exactly the same answer as the kids running sub 2:05 from Ethiopa at the Dubai marathon.
Quote Reply
Re: Dubai Marathon Results [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Look at the top players from the 70s/80s, then look at the top guys today. It really started cranking up in the 90s. Drugs are what make the big guys fast enough to be viable.

80s

Today

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Re: Dubai Marathon Results [Titanflexr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Titanflexr wrote:
Look at the top players from the 70s/80s, then look at the top guys today. It really started cranking up in the 90s. Drugs are what make the big guys fast enough to be viable.

80s

Today

Most of the KQ studs at dig me beach in Kailua Kona on race week are more cut than Bird and Kareem. Well, that's just saying that those guys in the 80's were doughboys, or the KQ guys work harder (or both) and then there are the KQ guys on the same plan as the NBA guys LOL!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Titanflexr wrote:

80s

but also, the 'today' athletes adopted weight and cross training, better nutrition, etc etc
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Titanflexr wrote:

There are plenty of top guys in the NBA who are relatively slender. Steph Curry. Harden, Leonard.

That said, I do remember the days when coming down the lane and meeting Bill Laimbeer was supposed to be super scary.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
synthetic wrote:
Titanflexr wrote:

80s

but also, the 'today' athletes adopted weight and cross training, better nutrition, etc etc

Not saying they didn't; I'm just saying that's not all that changed.

It's not like no one knew about the gym in the 70's 80s. If you look at the early IM competitors....

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply