Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Du Nationals Challenge [Bobwo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just finished a 50 mile ride. Inquiring minds are wondering.
Quote Reply
Re: Du Nationals Challenge [xbaytri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Its up!!! I'm in first!!!!! HAHAHAHA!!! until somebody else joins that is...

------------------------------
Jack
Quote Reply
Re: Du Nationals Challenge [Vagabond] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nope.
I joined and you are still first.
Quote Reply
Re: Du Nationals Challenge [OldFart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If anyone thinks anyone other than Mike Plumb is going to finish this with the most points...(of the people actually coming to the race, that is*...)...they've got another thing coming.

*methinks Dev is just in the challenge for fun...hard to see him at the start line...
Quote Reply
Re: Du Nationals Challenge [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Are we there yet?
Quote Reply
Re: Du Nationals Challenge [lrobb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just posted my last workout. And while I didn't make it to the magical 2000 pt mark, the challenge did take my training to another level...though I come away amazed at how some folks squeeze it all in: training, work, family, eating, SLEEPING (?). (Btw, any other CPAs in the challenge?)

Congrats to all who participated and best of luck to everyone racing in Richmond.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've got a 40 mile ride to do tonight, but even with that I'm going to fall just short of 1500 points. Oh well, this is my first year of training like this so I should just be happy I'm not injured.
Quote Reply
Re: Du Nationals Challenge [Jamison] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well...I was WAAAAAAAAYYYYYYY off above.

Quarter Horse has done some outstanding work. I have no idea who or how fast he/she is...but I know if I had done what is more than double my own effort these last two months....I'd be in serious contention for the overall. But I have no hope of putting in that kind of training time. I thought I was doing well being on track for a ~700 hour training year...with job and family in the balance.

Congrats to all who reached the 2000 pt mark set out by Slowman. For those who didn't, bring whatcha got anyway....Its all good!

See you all at the race!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Currently at 757.9 points (behind by 1242.1 points)

oh well.. actually did more training than usual but nowhere near the 2000..
my du is the Barking Dog on 5/9, 5k/30k/5k, so we'll see then. PR on the course is 1:28 but last year was a Fail in 1:31.

Good luck to the Nationals racers.. I'll be in glamorous Tuscaloosa in August, for the other Nationals..
Quote Reply
Re: Du Nationals Challenge [TriBriGuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Are you still racing at nationals? I wish I had a little money to spare, but I can't really justify it right now with Carissa starting nursing school in the fall. On the positive side, I checked the splits on my 3rd overall at the Devil Dog Duathlon at the end of March and found the guy who ran 15:30 and 15:13 for the 5Ks last year ran 17:01 and 16:30 this year. That means my 18 and 19 flat 5Ks were probably more like 16:30 and 17:30 for an accurate 5K (the course was changed from previous years for construction). That leaves me hope to still go back and defend my title at the Orange County du at the end of May. Such are my humble goals these days with no money.

Good luck.

Chad
Quote Reply
Re: Du Nationals Challenge [TriBriGuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is there any award for the *least* amount of points? Cuz I think I've got that locked up.
I've got a ways to go to get my YTD avg back up over 5:xx hrs a week at this point.

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Re: Du Nationals Challenge [cdw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh...I'm all over nationals. I think I might actually have a little something for the boys this year...

;-)
Quote Reply

Prev Next