Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Du Nationals Challenge [Chris G] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No, I am pretty sure the Gerard thinks that the P4 needs a 45 year old on top to show how fast the bike really is. We already know that Sastre is fast regardless of bike underneath him. If Tetsoni can spank young guys while he rides a P4, then Gerard gets the perfect marketing. All the 45-49 guys are the one with fat wallets and the moment they see one of their peers cleaning up on a P4, they will open up the wallets...recession or no recession.....
Quote Reply
Re: Du Nationals Challenge [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
When are you getting yours?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm too slow for a P4 or even KueenK...I'm on Kalibur....and heck, Normann's done nothing since he stopped riding his Kalibur so maybe he should just get his ass back on one....(although I've done nothing with mine aside from posting a zillion times...)

Last edited by: devashish_paul: Feb 5, 09 17:24
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Did u at least get a power meter yet?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
OK, Murphy's Law might not be reading ST, but he's dropped down to the level where he is posting smack through me :-)....Eganski, are you reading?

-----------------

Bakker, Michael to me
show details 9:43 AM (18 minutes ago) Reply

I can’t read that. My IT department (me) has blocked that website until April ’09.
(ST forum is blocked for me at work anyway. Not that that matters at the moment.)

Who are they, and how do they define ‘smacking’? About the only ST pos(t)ers who could actually make me work on Whiteface are Yoda, Lavery, and maybe 2-3 others. Anybody else, I’d crush them like a grape.

Climbing is all about power/weight ratio. I don’t have a clue where the power part of that is now (probably kinda low, but my “low” is still more than most folks best).
However, the weight part is very favorable. My peak race weight is 155. I’ve been at, or below that, since before AmZof last year. ~153 the last few days.
I’m planning on racing in ’09 at 150-153. Slap a 295 FTP onto that (my usual mid-season fitness),
and that’s 4.28 w/kg – which is quite a bit higher than the ~4.08 w/kg I was at when I did the 56:30 on Whiteface back in ’07 (for my Stupid Human Trick the evening before Epicman)

Happy Friday!
-M

From: Devashish Paul Sent: Thursday, February 05, 2009 4:22 PM
- Show quoted text -

To: Bakker, Michael [FTU Notes]
Subject: Re: FW: Slowtwitch Weekly Newsletter

By the way, they are talking about smacking you on Whiteface over on ST:

http://forum.slowtwitch.com/gforum.cgi?post=2188457;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;page=last;#last

You might need to come out of your hiatus to respond....

Dev

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
nice...I talked to him last week and he pretty much assured me that he would be crushing any and all dreams I may have for this year with authority.

How much time are you guys spotting me at Timerberman anyhow?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
OK, ML continues his virtual posting smacktalk....we have now totally hijacked slowman's du national's thread with "smack Murphy's law..." ...although he does plan to be at Du Nats and World's so it is slightly on topic and he assures me that he is doing the ST Du World's training camp challenge in stealth mode (does not want us to see his workouts...)

-----------

Feel free to post the following in my stead…

Anybody who wants a piece of ML , can find me on

ML’s East Coast Smackdown Tour ’09:
Du Nats
Harriman HIM
Epicman (I’ll be cruising at Dev Speed this year, I have a sprint the following day)
Tupper Lake HIM
Timberman HIM
Westchester Toughman HIM (tentative)
Du Worlds (tentative, gotta qualify at Nats first)
American Zofingen LC

Talk is cheap.
Last edited by: devashish_paul: Feb 6, 09 7:56
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Why bother to show up, all I need to do is send along my power and weight, and have ML plug the numbers in ;^)
Quote Reply
Re: Du Nationals Challenge [eganski] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ML's numbers don't account for 7 out of 8 miles of headwind up Whiteface when we did it last year :-) For a while I thought even a lame guy like me was going to come in on ML's 56 min time but got beaten by the mountain wind gods and crawled in at 57:20. Lavery and Harju were down at 51ish so you should have plenty of people to smack around....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No one's gonna out-smacktalk me. Send him this post:

http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...murphy'slaw;#1407089
Quote Reply
Re: Du Nationals Challenge [cdw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Isn't Desert Du one of the othe qualifiers? Not so far from you. Then you could roll your pennies and get to worlds out here in Charlotte!

Of course worlds are my biggest goal for the year. And I'm heading back to AmZof too.

PM me and let me know how things are for you...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sweet Kalibur, Paul. What tires are those? I've never seen so much whitewall (brownwall?) on a bike tire before. I really hope when I get my fitting done, they say I'll be fit for a Kueen K....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You know...I'm starting to see ML's logic...stay the hell away from ST for six months...train like a madman...come back...talk BIG smack...and follow through with some serious whoop ass.

A master of his domain, of a sort.

I'm out!
Quote Reply
Re: Du Nationals Challenge [btmoney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Front tire is Vittoria Corsa CX. Rear tire was an el cheapo Clement Criterium (found it in the LBS gathering dust and bought it on clearout). Frankly it seemed no slower than any other tubular.

Tribriguy, ML and I are up for good smackdown at Timberman...he spanked me solidly at Demi Esprit, and my lame excuse is I was coming off Ironman Canada 3 weeks before, followed by a business trip to China and Japan during which I got violently sick and only returned from 3 days before the race. I'll give ML the win (he beat me by a solid 8 minutes....but with no sickness or travel right after an Ironman, the gap could be a bit closer...and since he is not posting, I can say whatever the hell I want.....). I'll have a chance to redeem myself at Timberman. (As a point of reference, ML's whiteface time is 1 min faster than mine, so yes he is studlier, but I don't think a full 8 minutes over a half Ironman) :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fiddlesticks, was just....reminded....that my cousin's wedding is that weekend. I really wanted to get up there for that, maybe I'll go up the weekend before and send ML my powerfile.
Quote Reply
Re: Du Nationals Challenge [eganski] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Then come up Friday June 5th for Epicman (3K swim-180K bike-21K run). You can do like ML and come up on Thursday early and do the Whiteface climb and then do Epicman the next day (and bonk). It is in honour of ML that the Irontour format is the shape that it is (Minus the long run on Day 2, thus saving ourselves from the bonk).

Dev
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think ML sets the spread, but I think I should spot you half the spread between my LP finish time and yours.....what's that....1.5 minutes?
Quote Reply
Re: Du Nationals Challenge [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll open by saying I've signed up now and am ready to train. That being said I have a question about training. I had a torn medial meniscus repaired 3 weeks ago but am now ready to resume training. What is the best way for me to get ready in the next 10+2 weeks? I haven't lost too much base as demonstrated by my 8.5 mile run this morning near usual pace. I just came off marathon training so I could use some extra work on the bike.

Anyone got any really good ideas on how to set up my weeks? I was thinking of a two week cycle to add an extra work out every other Friday. I typically only work out Tuesday, Thursdays, some Fridays, and both Saturday and Sunday taking Monday off completely as a rest day. Wednesday is usually just active recovery commuting to work (and the same with working Fridays). Let's hear those excellent suggestions!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I think ML sets the spread, but I think I should spot you half the spread between my LP finish time and yours.....what's that....1.5 minutes?
very generous, how about half the split from 2007?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I thought "you are only as good as your last race"....2007 version was a much studlier athlete who was actually capable of some semblance of running off the bike....and I did 2 IM's in 2008, so you can pick your spread from either of those :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I thought "you are only as good as your last race"....2007 version was a much studlier athlete who was actually capable of some semblance of running off the bike....and I did 2 IM's in 2008, so you can pick your spread from either of those :-)
Deal, lets call it 5 minutes.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
wow, I found out about this through my email and after reading the threads here, I'm a bit intimidated.

Kim
Quote Reply
Re: Du Nationals Challenge [europhia] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"wow, I found out about this through my email and after reading the threads here, I'm a bit intimidated."

welcome to our forum, and to slowtwitch! i think "a bit intimidated" is just about right. you don't grow very much -- in any endeavor -- if you're not taken out of your comfort zone by those around you who set the bar higher.

we certainly have those bar-setter-higher folks here. but in the true spirit of triathlon all abilities; all levels of commitment; are accepted and respected here. i think you'll be safe.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Slowman

Is this still happening? I know it was originally slated to start tomorrow, the 15th.
As a beginner I would love to get involved for a little extra motivation. I ask because I still do not see it under the challenges.

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Du Nationals Challenge [OldFart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was wondering the same thing.

Its the things you do that you don't have to that make difference when its to late to do anything about them.
Quote Reply

Prev Next