Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Du Nationals Challenge [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Did you not get the memo from cyclonehockey that 25-29 was old farts. You're not just dinosaur, 45-49 is more life fossilized dino age group (of course at the local tris, we just get trashed by all fossilized dinos...its rather pathetic! Good luck at du nationals and world's

Did you not get the memo on reading comprehension. all i said was im no longer in the young shits category. it had nothing to do with being old.

Grant
----------------------------------------------------
Proudly sponsored by Desoto Sports
Please Support CAF every little bit helps http://raceforareason.kintera.org/grantreuter
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks, Dev. Of course, I'm playing the "age and treachery trump youth and exhuberance" card. The 25-29 year olds are young enough to be my spawn. Accordingly, I'm going to spank them, hard.

2015 American Zofingen Du is May 17.
R.I.P. Chris Gleason
Quote Reply
Re: Du Nationals Challenge [cyclonehockey21] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OK, sorry the memo about 25-29 being old was from btmoney....anyway, it must be a youthful thing to put down a few workouts and project a 4:2x Half Ironman time....don't give the old guys or fossils on this thread too much smack cause we all have put down 4:1x times and Tetsoni might come out and spank all of you guys hard with a 4:0x....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
OK, sorry the memo about 25-29 being old was from btmoney....anyway, it must be a youthful thing to put down a few workouts and project a 4:2x Half Ironman time....don't give the old guys or fossils on this thread too much smack cause we all have put down 4:1x times and Tetsoni might come out and spank all of you guys hard with a 4:0x....

SOoooo im supposed to think you're special that you've done 4.1x? If thats good for you then thats awesome. I try to be supportive when people are trying to hit goals. I guess if you are already faster then that time you don't need to be. thats cool though whatever floats your boat.

Grant
Please Support CAF every little bit helps http://raceforareason.kintera.org/grantreuter
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No, I guess you were giving me a hard time about my reading so I decided to give you a hard time about doing some workouts and coming up with a virtual 4:3x finishing time (your first statement on that previous thread)....sorry man, but you can't put down studly training times and claim a virtual race time :-). In fairness, my best times on a legit courses are not 4:1x, it is 4:2x :-). In general I am actually quite supportive of people's efforts (or I would not waste time putting together challenges to encourage people to get fitter), until they insert virtual race times, then the smack talk comes out...and one can only back up smack with real results....and by the way, getting spanked by Tetsoni is really really bad news....you don't want that happening for sure!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
No, I guess you were giving me a hard time about my reading so I decided to give you a hard time about doing some workouts and coming up with a virtual 4:3x finishing time (your first statement on that previous thread)....sorry man, but you can't put down studly training times and claim a virtual race time :-). In fairness, my best times on a legit courses are not 4:1x, it is 4:2x :-). In general I am actually quite supportive of people's efforts (or I would not waste time putting together challenges to encourage people to get fitter), until they insert virtual race times, then the smack talk comes out...and one can only back up smack with real results....and by the way, getting spanked by Tetsoni is really really bad news....you don't want that happening for sure!

You don't try to figure out how you are going to do at races based on your fitness level? Normally i can nail my olympic times within a minute or two based on how i am feeling in training. I was just trying to get a guage on where i was at. I guess we'll just have to see how i am feeling at Miami Int. Tri then in 6 weeks. What do you think i need to go there, to have a shot at 4:30?

Grant
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
For me the only way to project a range for an A race is to do a few B and C races, where there is a timing chip and race day pressure. Anyone can perform in training, cause you can cherry pick the day that you feel good to test yourself. Racing on the other hand, the dates are fixed by someone else and whether you feel good or bad, you are surrounded by competition and have to perform or not. To me, that is a better indicator of how one is likely to do in an A race.

Frankly I have no idea of how my overall prep is going towards an A event, until I set foot in a B or C event. I do have various bike time trial courses and run workouts that I do, that give me an idea if I am on track, but these aren't items that I can realisitically lean on for anything else but a trend of which way the fitness is going. I need B and C events to get a grip on bringing things together mentally on race day. There are too many factors on top of fitness that also play into the final time and B and C races is where I get a feel for how I am performing on those items.

There are practices, regular season games, playoffs, and finals. You want to perform in the finals, the best gauge is how you did in the playoffs...practice time is practice time, but the puck slides and bounces differently in the finals.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So, I train @ 15 mph but I'm going to do :56 on the bike, and I run @ 8:30 pace but I'm going to lay down a :38 and :18 at Du Nats!!! Yea.

25-29er
Quote Reply
Re: Du Nationals Challenge [jkhayc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sure, if you can run at 15 mph, not only do you have the engine to ride 56 on the bike, but while you are at it let Haille know that you have plans to run a sub 1:45 marathon :-)...you did say "train at 15 mph..."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Haha, if only life were so sweet.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
old=older than myself....sorry bout your fossilized self :) I'd hope someone with 10-15-20+ years of training in the sport could kick my ass.
Quote Reply
Re: Du Nationals Challenge [btmoney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
One would certainly hope so. Old people have no excuse, right?

"Get better with age" and all that stuff.
Quote Reply
Re: Du Nationals Challenge [btmoney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sounds like a weak excuse for not being able to beat some older guys.......:-) :-) :-). I think Tetsoni and you will be at Du nationals and he's already made some statements about spanking the kids :-)
Quote Reply
Re: Du Nationals Challenge [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Works for me even though I have my qualifying race in 2 and a half weeks (already logged a bunch of training) but it's ok I plan on qualifying for worlds in September so I can still train and log more than all of you ;)
Quote Reply
Re: Du Nationals Challenge [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is perfect for me, as I am going to try my first Duathlons this year. If the weather would just cooperate a little bit, I might even be able to ride my road bike in February :D
Quote Reply
Re: Du Nationals Challenge [Jamison] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Awesome.
Natties is a little short for my taste, but it should be good fun regardless. I hope we get a good turnout in Richmond, Du can use all the support it can get, and it would be nice to shake up the podium at worlds. Best luck to those racing, especially the newbees.
See you at the finish line!
jh

-------------------
Horsecow racing
Quote Reply
Re: Du Nationals Challenge [tetsuoni] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
damn it you old dog, you mean i actually have to race you head to head to make worlds? ah, whatever, world's wasn't the goal for me anyway :) if i can't make it this year, i'm definitely never going to. the running is solid, and once i get back to the US (feb 17th), the riding starts up again (outside & in). i should be as fast as i've ever been, and if that can't take out your overstuffed sofa cushion of a beer gut on this course, then i'm just going back to stationary embroidery as my main athletic endeavour. anyway, mrs. d. will be there to provide the real athletic competition, although she hasn't had a good winter at all (she had a hamstring pull just before the berlin marathon).

what i don't get, well maybe i do, is all the fuss about "world's du in the USA" when it was held in the exact same venue 2 years ago. ok, it was long course and USAT hadn't decided to try to promote it a little more widely.
Quote Reply
Re: Du Nationals Challenge [dawhead] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Save your pistons of the Whiteface hillclimb at Irontour....we need some someone to give Triyoda, lavery and Harju a run....we need to get Tetsoni up for the hillclimb with his overstuffed yada yada yada....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
When is Irontour?
Quote Reply
Re: Du Nationals Challenge [eganski] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mirror Lake LP, 4 pm Friday June 19th for the Uphill TT stage up Whiteface with Beach to Beach to Beach swim+all you can eat chinese buffet. Mirror Lake LP 6 am Sat June 20th for the beach to beach to beach Mirror Lake swim+190K bike (2xToll Road to Whiteface gate, one reverse loop up Keene, one forward loop)+Mirror Lake Loop Run

This is a "Bjorn Friendly/ST Approved", with ~5.5 K swimming, ~260K riding, 7K running in lesss than 20 hours :-). You guys from Philly should ship up a full busload of studs to flatten Whiteface with your massive quads. I'll see if I can get a suffieciently large group of posers and hangers on from Canuckistan....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I may have to come up for that. Assuming I'm recovered from TTT, I'll shift my focus to LP and get in some recon. It would be worth it just to meet Murphy'sLaw. Hey ML, you're a PU$$Y and can't respond until spring!!! I OWN YOU!

The longest "climb" I do here in Philly is about 1k, so I imagine that I'd get killed on the Whiteface climb.
Quote Reply
Re: Du Nationals Challenge [eganski] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You can stay back for Sunday and do 2 forward loops to get the full recce. The course for this traning event is designed to take trigeeks off the "beaten path" that being the exact IMLP Loop. On Sunday the rest of us will be shelled and heading home, but if you do two forward loops preceeded by a 50 min swim, you should get a good appreciation for the course (again). I think ML usually comes up with some excuse about his wife's birthday that weekend, however, I think the real reason is cause he does not want to get spanked by triyoda on the hillclimb...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
really hope to be in for inrontour this year...really wanna ride up that lil hill for some reason. Tetsuoni is gonna crush some kids dreams for sure BTW, dude is down right speedy and as he will have a P4, well, you know the rest...
Quote Reply
Re: Du Nationals Challenge [Chris G] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cervelo must be getting really serious if they won't equip their factory team with a P4 for protour events, but will equip Tetsoni for du nationals to spank the young guns!!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
he has more $ than the test team...
Quote Reply

Prev Next