Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Drug Testing at AG Nationals?
Quote | Reply
Does anyone know how much drug testing was done at Nationals?

I just read an account of the womens winner (Lendway) and 2nd women being tested.....

And did anyone notice that KM (mr. Low T/Helmet mirror) raced in M60-64 and got 4th. Any reaction at the awards ceremony?
Quote Reply
Re: Drug Testing at AG Nationals? [Steve-oH!] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Should would have loved to have seen all the M60-64 wearing a shirt saying no drug cheats.

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Don't believe Mantell was tested. Maybe wasn't as prevalent as in years past

Me: https://carnivoreendurance.blogspot.com/...ever-comes-next.html

Latest: Colorectal Cancer is in the News Again. Don't Blame Red Meat
https://carnivoreendurance.blogspot.com/...news-again-dont.html
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
And did anyone notice that KM (mr. Low T/Helmet mirror) raced in M60-64 and got 4th. Any reaction at the awards ceremony?

There wasn't any reaction to him as far as I could tell. But the person sitting next to me seemed a bit flabbergasted by the guy who won M60-64. He had won his AG by an hour at IM Boulder the week before...and then went and won his AG at Nationals by something like 3 minutes.

Re: Drug Testing at AG Nationals? [darkhorsetri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That would be Greg Taylor who is likely happy KM got nailed.
Quote Reply
Re: Drug Testing at AG Nationals? [darkhorsetri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's not only the older AG men that are getting faster.
Some AG woman are putting up some amazing times.
A little testing would go a long way.
Quote Reply
Re: Drug Testing at AG Nationals? [phog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
phog wrote:
It's not only the older AG men that are getting faster.
Some AG woman are putting up some amazing times.
A little testing would go a long way.

Are we implying that any particular people are doping or just old people in general?

Me: https://carnivoreendurance.blogspot.com/...ever-comes-next.html

Latest: Colorectal Cancer is in the News Again. Don't Blame Red Meat
https://carnivoreendurance.blogspot.com/...news-again-dont.html
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Steve-oH! wrote:
That would be Greg Taylor who is likely happy KM got nailed.

So sorry to see Greg age up, but there are plenty of studs who have entered the bottom

My friend Douglas Hill got second to Greg, great job Douglas!!

I guess Greg is passing on Edmonton.

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
USADA tested 10 at Nationals. I believe that's about the same as last year, but I remember they tested twenty or so in Tuscaloosa. I know the first two males and females 35-39 were tested this year. The selected who to test based on finishing position--first two 35-39, etc, not by selecting specific individuals. The positions were chosen (by USAT?) before the race and the individuals finishing in those positions were sent to drug testing from the finish line.
Quote Reply
Re: Drug Testing at AG Nationals? [markharms234] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So you got tested?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Note to USAT: I don't need a jacket, hat or medal when I do the national championship. Instead use more of my entry fee to test more than 10 of the 3500 competitors in the Olympic distance race. I hope you at least tested 10 additional competitors in the sprint distance race. Thanks!
Last edited by: Mark Lemmon: Aug 18, 14 6:46
Quote Reply
Re: Drug Testing at AG Nationals? [Dave Luscan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes. I've been tested the past 6 years at Nationals.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
so do they publish the test results?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
markharms234 wrote:
USADA tested 10 at Nationals. I believe that's about the same as last year, but I remember they tested twenty or so in Tuscaloosa. I know the first two males and females 35-39 were tested this year. The selected who to test based on finishing position--first two 35-39, etc, not by selecting specific individuals. The positions were chosen (by USAT?) before the race and the individuals finishing in those positions were sent to drug testing from the finish line.

If they only tested 10 that's is not enough.........
Quote Reply
Re: Drug Testing at AG Nationals? [Birdmantris] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As an "old person" who sees some pretty amazing times being posted, I would have to say old people in general.
Because I want to know what it is and can I have some too (as long as it's legal......)
But also because I have a feeling old people cheat as much as anyone.
And old crooks are usually the biggest crooks.
Ergo "old cheats" are .....
Quote Reply
Re: Drug Testing at AG Nationals? [1xatbandcamp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I believe USADA publishes an annual list of the aggregate number of tests performed, the sports the athletes participated in, and the number of adverse findings. I believe any positive results are announced publicly.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Steve-oH! wrote:
markharms234 wrote:

If they only tested 10 that's is not enough.........

Why, so you can catch more of the less intelligent dopers?

----------------------------------
"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
markharms234 wrote:
Yes. I've been tested the past 6 years at Nationals.

So it's not random and they are just going after performances that appear unrealistic. Wonder if they tested Danstu after Steelhead for that reason.

Good to know that your just naturally fast...and train your ass off.

TrainingBible Coaching
http://www.trainingbible.com
Quote Reply
Re: Drug Testing at AG Nationals? [motoguy128] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't think any amateur has ever been tested through WTC, aside from the one out-of-competition test on Kevin Moats. I could be wrong though, as they may test some amateurs at Kona. So as far as I know, the sum total of amateur testing is: Nationals for the past 6 years, thanks to USAT, and the one OOC test from WTC. I suppose USAT could say 'we want to test this specific person' but as far as I know they instead choose people based on position.
Quote Reply
Re: Drug Testing at AG Nationals? [phog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
phog wrote:
As an "old person" who sees some pretty amazing times being posted, I would have to say old people in general.
Because I want to know what it is and can I have some too (as long as it's legal......)
But also because I have a feeling old people cheat as much as anyone.
And old crooks are usually the biggest crooks.
Ergo "old cheats" are .....

Yes, there are some of the old guys I race against that when I look at them, I also have to ask really?

Oh well, people have to live with themselves. But it seems MANY feel fine about it since their doctor said they needed it for their health.

I just had my physical 2 weeks ago. My Testosterone levels were pretty low. My doctor said that based on my numbers it would be easy to justify
the meds for me. I said that I could not since I would not longer be able to compete. He could have easily came back and pushed that I needed
the meds for my health and quality of life. I could easily see a weak person or one with a big ego taking the bait and feeling 100% good about this.
All we have to see is what KM's did for 7 years, the defense he tried to use, and him trying to keep it out of the public eye. Did he lose any titles?
He is still out competing so the penalty for getting caught is so minor, and the risk so low, I bet there are LOTS of older folks using the stuff!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
markharms234 wrote:
I don't think any amateur has ever been tested through WTC, aside from the one out-of-competition test on Kevin Moats. I could be wrong though, as they may test some amateurs at Kona.
I know there was a lot of chatter about testing at Kona last year. Rumors were that a handful got tested.

@christopher_borden •
Spinning Spoke • Dimond Bikes • Flo Cycling • Castelli Cycling
Quote Reply
Post deleted by rdm [ In reply to ]
Re: Drug Testing at AG Nationals? [h2ofun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
h2ofun wrote:

I just had my physical 2 weeks ago. My Testosterone levels were pretty low. My doctor said that based on my numbers it would be easy to justify
the meds for me. I said that I could not since I would not longer be able to compete. He could have easily came back and pushed that I needed
the meds for my health and quality of life.

I'm 55. Just got my annual physicial last week. I've never had my primary care doctor test my testosterone level or discuss it with me. Is this something that is now normally discussed with male patients beyond a certain age by their primary care doctor even if they don't mention any symptoms such as extreme fatigue or limitations in the bedroom?

As to KM, I saw him at nationals and pointed him out to a buddy who is familiar with the story. What percentage of the field at nationals do you think would recognize him or his name? 10% at the most?
Last edited by: Mark Lemmon: Aug 18, 14 10:05
Quote Reply
Re: Drug Testing at AG Nationals? [Mark Lemmon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mark Lemmon wrote:
h2ofun wrote:

I'm 55. Just got my annual physicial last week. I've never had my primary care doctor test my testosterone level or discuss it with me. Is this something that is now normally discussed with male patients beyond a certain age by their primary care doctor even if they don't mention any symptoms such as extreme fatigue or limitations in the bedroom?

As to KM, I saw him at nationals and pointed him out to a buddy who is familiar with the story. What percentage of the field at nationals do you think would recognize him or his name? 10% at the most?

I am 57 and have had this tested as part of my annual for many years well before 55.
My doc likes to be very proactive. My insurance pays so why would I not want to see as much as possible to make sure there are no hidden issues.

But as I said, it was interesting talking about the results from the tests over the years. I have always been low and could easily have gotten the meds in his mind ethically, and my doc is very ethical. Not sure he know
this would have made it illegal for me to race, but he knows now.

As I said, I can see so many, like KM, use this data as an excuse that my doctor said I needed so I took it and continued to race. Hell with the rules, I need it for my qualify of life.

Quote Reply
Re: Drug Testing at AG Nationals? [Mark Lemmon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mark Lemmon wrote:
h2ofun wrote:

I am 56. I was curious about my levels due to all the discussion here and asked at my annual for a test. The Doctor asked if I had any symptoms and I honestly answered no......no test....

I could have lied and gotten a test but just was not up for causing additional medical cost due to my curiosity..
Quote Reply

Prev Next