Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Dressel's Coronation - Men's NCAA Champs Chatter
Quote | Reply
Meet starts tonight with the 4x200 Free Relays

Predictions for the week? Will Caleb go 17 in the 50? 39 in the 100?

I wrote this, you should read it:
https://www.slowtwitch.com/...n_Swimming_6700.html
Quote Reply
Re: Dressel's Coronation - Men's NCAA Champs Chatter [tallswimmer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dressel wins everything. 200 Back, 1650 free, 50 free, 200 breast..... everything.

He wins all of the relays. Florida's relay is Dressel - Dressel - Dressel - Dressel.

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Re: Dressel's Coronation - Men's NCAA Champs Chatter [JasoninHalifax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JasoninHalifax wrote:
Dressel wins everything. 200 Back, 1650 free, 50 free, 200 breast..... everything.

He wins all of the relays. Florida's relay is Dressel - Dressel - Dressel - Dressel.

So his sisters are joining him for the relay?!
Quote Reply
Re: Dressel's Coronation - Men's NCAA Champs Chatter [tallswimmer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tallswimmer wrote:
Meet starts tonight with the 4x200 Free Relays

Predictions for the week? Will Caleb go 17 in the 50? 39 in the 100?

Based off his swim at conference champs I think he goes sub-40 in the 100--I'll definitely be watching!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bummer is that this meet has far less coverage than the women's did. Only streaming prelims and half of the finals.
Quote Reply
Re: Dressel's Coronation - Men's NCAA Champs Chatter [Rumpled] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Have the events Dressel is swimming been announced / confirmed?

Personally, I'd like to see him swim a properly tapered SCY 200FR. This seems unlikely.
Quote Reply
Re: Dressel's Coronation - Men's NCAA Champs Chatter [JasoninHalifax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
THATS HILARIOUS.. and kind of true.. lots of hype here.
Im at the event.
Check out instagram at mymainset
Ill have videos and pics and stuff up there. (i hope thats ok to promote this here) sorry if not.
(and a pic or two of my dog)
But ill try to keep tabs and report back around here sometime after each session.
Headed over shortly here for the relay tonight.
daved
Quote Reply
Re: Dressel's Coronation - Men's NCAA Champs Chatter [daved] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nice video of the rush for deck space...geez!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
1:29 for Peroni leading off??? I’m sorry, what????
And 6:05 for NC State. Wow. I feel like I didn’t even do the same sport as these guys.

Also- all the sessions (except Fri/Sat finals on Espn3) are broadcast on BTN2GO - not sure if you have to pay extra or not.

http://www.swmeets.com/Realtime/NCAA/2018/

Last edited by: tallswimmer: Mar 21, 18 16:43
Quote Reply
Re: Dressel's Coronation - Men's NCAA Champs Chatter [Skippy74] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Haha. That was crazy!! All those assistant coaches. And that was the second time! The first time someone “falsestarted” and they made them all go back.
But that first time. The Michigan coaches need some drinks bc... they both ate it hard! Like needing and emt hard!! It was nuts. Thankfully they are ok
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I’ll post the last 70 yards of it on insta in a little bit. (MyMainSet)
Townley Haas went 1:30.3 and Blake just made him look pedestrian... which he isn’t!! And dean Ferris of Harvard was low 1:30. As well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Indeed! Pieroni's 200 time is amazing! Our family has watched him since he was a 10 year old age grouper. I'm happy for him and for IU!

Do you know if it counts as a NCAA record?
Quote Reply
Re: Dressel's Coronation - Men's NCAA Champs Chatter [DavidK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
American and NCAA record.

Quote Reply
Re: Dressel's Coronation - Men's NCAA Champs Chatter [hiro11] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hiro11 wrote:
Have the events Dressel is swimming been announced / confirmed?
Personally, I'd like to see him swim a properly tapered SCY 200FR. This seems unlikely.

Ya, it is too bad the swimmers are limited to only 3 indy events. It would be great to see him swim a well-rested 200 FR; he might just pick up another AR!!!

"Anyone can be who they want to be IF they have the HUNGER and the DRIVE."
Quote Reply
Re: Dressel's Coronation - Men's NCAA Champs Chatter [ericmulk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Caleb is swimming 50/100Free and 100 Fly like he has every year - also will do the other 4 relays (4x50FR/Medley, 4x100 FR/Medley)

If you're curious, here's a video of the race.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As SwimSwam pointed out yesterday, the current depth in the men's 200FR in the US is absolutely ridiculous... at least in SCY. The pace of improvement over the last two years is incredible. In addition to Townley and Blake, Seliskar dropped a 1:31 low leadoff. Meanwhile, Apple, Ress and Farris all split sub 1:31.
Quote Reply
Re: Dressel's Coronation - Men's NCAA Champs Chatter [hiro11] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, I think 4 of the leadoff guys cracked into the top-10 performers all-time list (2 were already there, Pieroni and Haas). But Pieroni's 200 is incredible.

It just kinda backs up my opinion that the 200 free is the deepest event in men's swimming, especially when you consider the number of guys at NCAA's who aren't swimming it because of event limits, like Dressel. It's where the sprinters AND the distance guys meet. (I know monty disagrees with me and is partial to the 100 being the deepest, but I really think it's the 200. That distance just opens up to a lot more contenders.

Favourite Swim Sets:

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think it's deepest in short course. Long course I'd argue the 100 is deeper. Short course I think it's a bit easier for the pure speed guys to come up to the 200 due to the walls (see Tom Shields), but long course guys can come down to the 100 because of pure swimming speed (think Phelps, last at the turn, front of the pack at the finish).

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
tallswimmer wrote:
I think it's deepest in short course. Long course I'd argue the 100 is deeper. Short course I think it's a bit easier for the pure speed guys to come up to the 200 due to the walls (see Tom Shields), but long course guys can come down to the 100 because of pure swimming speed (think Phelps, last at the turn, front of the pack at the finish).

I'm thinking of guys like James Guy, Chad LeClos, Hagino, who don't really have the raw speed for the 100 and aren't pure freestylers, but they can put it together for the 2. and there's Yang, who can come down, Cam McEvoy could go up. Even Biondi back in the day was a phenomenal 200 swimmer.

There really aren't many guys in the 100 who are contenders and aren't pure freestylers. Phelps (and now Dressel) was the exception.

Favourite Swim Sets:

Last edited by: JasoninHalifax: Mar 22, 18 8:35
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Anyone get live results working? Nothing is updating for me.

blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I will go outside the box: As absolutely incredible as Dressel is...this focus on mid distance is going to hurt his 50 yard free. He probably only goes 18.4
Quote Reply
Re: Dressel's Coronation - Men's NCAA Champs Chatter [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
http://www.swmeets.com/Realtime/NCAA/2018/

working for me - sometimes the hytek system gets hung, and you have to force reload a results page by ctrl-F5, or holding control with a right click "reload frame". Alternatively, use the MeetMobile App ($$) or DeckPass Plus App ($$) and check results there.

Quote Reply
Re: Dressel's Coronation - Men's NCAA Champs Chatter [ajthomas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The live video should have contained a warning that content is not fit for viewing by young children.

18.11 - and it was just disgusting.
Last edited by: ajthomas: Mar 22, 18 9:34
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think we're going to get a 17 tonight. Unreal.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ajthomas wrote:
The live video should have contained a warning that content is not fit for viewing by young children.

18.11 - and it was just disgusting.

18.11 in heats! !!!

swimming world time converter put that equal to the SCM WR (20.26 - Manaudou) In heats.

Favourite Swim Sets:

Quote Reply

Prev Next