Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Dream Trek Speed Concept Project One finally complete! What do you think?
Quote | Reply
Can't wait to ride it complete for the first time this weekend (the race wheels just came in this week from Trek)! Could not be happier so far! Hope it gets me through IM Tahoe and IMFL this year in good form.

What do you think?
Quote Reply
Re: Dream Trek Speed Concept Project One finally complete! What do you think? [BFPD1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I bet Nigel Tufnel would love it!
Quote Reply
Re: Dream Trek Speed Concept Project One finally complete! What do you think? [BFPD1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Damn.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think it's badass. Curious what about it is P1 though...what am I missing that's not on the stock blacked out 9.9?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hot damn! That is a sexy machine.
Quote Reply
Re: Dream Trek Speed Concept Project One finally complete! What do you think? [grosso27] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks! The logos are solid black on carbon (dark) grey background instead of light grey outline logos. I have removed a number of light grey highlights/stripes from stock... The wheels are 7 and 9s instead of paired... and most importantly, this one included a free entry into Ironman FL. Given how tough it is to get into that race (due to selling out instantly every year), it was just the nudge I needed to get me to step up. You're definitely right that it was pretty close as I considered the stock dark version, but IMFL pushed me over the edge (the guaranteed entry as much as the free entry).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Right on. Great looking rig.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Are those wheels carbon clinchers or tubulars? Very nice ride!

"I swim because that's how I get to ride my bike."

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just changed a flat for some idiot not 2 weeks ago a block from my home in Tampa with that exact frame. I'm going to say that scheme is hands down my fav 'black out' of 'em all and I was literally drooling while changing the flat.....thing was bad ASS. Have fun on it!
Quote Reply
Re: Dream Trek Speed Concept Project One finally complete! What do you think? [tigerpaws] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Great looking rig - very stem and quite a lot of spacers on it - have you tried to drop lower?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Black is Beautiful!

Good luckin your races. What aerobar/basebar is that?

---------------------------
''Sweeney - you can both crush your AG *and* cruise in dead last!! đŸ˜‚ '' Murphy's Law
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BFPD1 wrote:
Thanks! The logos are solid black on carbon (dark) grey background instead of light grey outline logos. I have removed a number of light grey highlights/stripes from stock... The wheels are 7 and 9s instead of paired... and most importantly, this one included a free entry into Ironman FL. Given how tough it is to get into that race (due to selling out instantly every year), it was just the nudge I needed to get me to step up. You're definitely right that it was pretty close as I considered the stock dark version, but IMFL pushed me over the edge (the guaranteed entry as much as the free entry).

so P1 let you pick the wheels independently? i've always wondered about that, as i would want the same setup you have 7F, 9R.

so how does that part of the process work? do you build it on the website as both 7s or both 9s and then work it out as a phone call? and if P1 has that flexibility outside of the website, does it have others? were you able to pick compact versus standard and were you able to select your cassette?

just curious. pretty bike.

Dave

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nice bike, the color of the crankset even matches. Mind me asking what size?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looks great.
If you may allow me to offer constructive advice:

You've got a draft box, those are awesome do you need a bento box too?

Can you manage with 2 bottle cages instead of 4?

Disc cover!

The ultegra crank is sweet enough looking I won't even suggest an aero chainring...this time.

The black view-speed.com skewers would be very slick on this.

Kat Hunter reports on the San Dimas Stage Race from inside the GC winning team
Aeroweenie.com -Compendium of Aero Data and Knowledge
Freelance sports & outdoors writer Kathryn Hunter
Quote Reply
Re: Dream Trek Speed Concept Project One finally complete! What do you think? [jackmott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'd be more worried about the giant valve stem than replacing the stock aero skewer with something slightly more aero...

Brad

3SIXTY5cycling.com
Quote Reply
Re: Dream Trek Speed Concept Project One finally complete! What do you think? [hillier99] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hillier99 wrote:
I'd be more worried about the giant valve stem than replacing the stock aero skewer with something slightly more aero...

Brad

slightly?

But yeah removing valve extender before race is some high level aero voodoo.

Be sure to put it in your draft box though!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
as a fellow blacked out 9.x rider w/ a free entry to IMFL next year, I say yours looks sexier than mine.

----
@adamwfurlong
Quote Reply
Re: Dream Trek Speed Concept Project One finally complete! What do you think? [jackmott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jackmott wrote:
hillier99 wrote:

Brad

slightly?

But yeah removing valve extender before race is some high level aero voodoo.

Be sure to put it in your draft box though!

Just curious, what's your guess at the aero savings between that skewer and the stock Speed Concept aero skewer?

Brad

3SIXTY5cycling.com
Quote Reply
Re: Dream Trek Speed Concept Project One finally complete! What do you think? [hillier99] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Dream Trek Speed Concept Project One finally complete! What do you think? [ianpeace] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
none more black
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is this the nude carbon option? Definitley sexy....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Between not measurable to not much at all. Let's face it. You and Jackmott are just using aeroexcuses to make it look more badass. Not that
there is anything wrong this.

On a side note, can anyone ride with a bento box or aero box without hitting it with their knees ?
Quote Reply
Re: Dream Trek Speed Concept Project One finally complete! What do you think? [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've got a 7 series with the "draft box" and the "speed box" aka bento and it works perfectly. The speed box follows the same lines basically as the top tube so you don't notice its there and the draft box holds all your spare gear while extending the bikes frame (making it more aero correct?). I use both because the draft box holds all your spare stuff and the speed box holds all your gells/salt tabs/etc and you dont need to tape them down. Only thing I'd be worried about on the OP's awesome build is how are those RXL cages on the wing gonna keep bottles from launching?! BTW OP, I'll be seeing you in tahoe!
Quote Reply
Re: Dream Trek Speed Concept Project One finally complete! What do you think? [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not measureable!

Zipp claims 2 watts savings for their skewers. Thats 8 seconds per 40k

So these would be more than that.

You literally can't afford not to get them ;)

but yeah most importantly they are black and sleek.

Francois wrote:
Between not measurable to not much at all. Let's face it. You and Jackmott are just using aeroexcuses to make it look more badass. Not that
there is anything wrong this.

On a side note, can anyone ride with a bento box or aero box without hitting it with their knees ?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Francois wrote:

Almost anyone that isn't knock kneed.

John

Top notch coaching: Francois and Accelerate3 | Follow on Twitter: LifetimeAthlete |
Quote Reply

Prev Next