Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Drain field is not working?
Quote | Reply
A week ago I smell sewer outside my house since a have a septic tank I called the Pugetsound plumbing services to have inspection on my septic tank. To cut the story short, I paid them almost grand to pump my septic tank. The guy who pumped my septic tank said, "my drain field is not working," which I did not understand. He gave me advise to fix my drain field or sooner I will experience back up on my sewer on which I don't experience yet. Can anyone explain to me what is this drain field and the importance to fix it. Thank you in advance.
Quote Reply
Re: Drain field is not working? [Haltamir] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
it's a "leach field", read about it here, and are you a triathlete, and why are you posting this in the triathlon forum? it's cheap to fix, you're going to need a very good shovel, a very strong back, leach lines, and gravel.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Drain field is not working? [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you Dan for the immediately reply. I just sign up and I was reading the form and that's how I ended up posting in your group. Do you have some referral to contact for my concern. I live near in Seatac ,WA. Thank you again Dan!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i have no referral. good luck.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
it's a "leach field", read about it here, and are you a triathlete, and why are you posting this in the triathlon forum? it's cheap to fix, you're going to need a very good shovel, a very strong back, leach lines, and gravel.

for some reason in some parts of the country they do call them "drain fields," like in MN where I grew up, and, as memory serves in MT (where I have my other house - which I should get pumped one of these days). But, here in CA all I've every heard them called was "leach fields." Pumping the septic tank seems like it shouldn't cost that much.

But, hey if you wanna talk cassettes, track intervals, or even swim intervals; or heaven forbid debate the merits of clinchers over tubulars - you might just get more interest on an endurance sports (aka triathlon) forum.

Call me crazy :-|

I saw this on a white board in a window box at my daughters middle school...
List of what life owes you:
1. __________
2. __________
3. __________
Quote Reply
Re: Drain field is not working? [manofthewoods] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
pumping a septic is about $300. but if you need to fix your leach field, that's a lot of labor man hours. the only real expensive part of it, if you want to do it quick, is the backhoe rental.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
pumping a septic is about $300. but if you need to fix your leach field, that's a lot of labor man hours. the only real expensive part of it, if you want to do it quick, is the backhoe rental.
______

This is actually sort of a fun thread ...... I suspect a lot more people need their septic tanks serviced than need a new tribike ..... you may be onto a "goldmine" of sorts here Dan ;-)

Dave :-)
Quote Reply
Re: Drain field is not working? [dcsxtri10] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
forum.slowditch.com

Still available Dan ;-)

Maurice
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wrong forum... BUTT since you asked. (pun intended). I just did this. Dig up your septic tank edge and find your distribution box. You should have two or three 4" corrugated plastic pipes coming off it. They are either clogged with poopies (tank probably bad if this is the case), tampons (not suppose to flush with septic), condoms (not suppose to flush with septic), food from disposals (not suppose to use a disposal with septic), or dirt. Mine was dirt since I crushed them with my truck driving across yard. Dig up and throw bad lines away, replace with good lines from home improvement store. Use lots of gravel under, over, and on the sides for good drainage. Tell gravel company it's for a drain field. It takes a special size rock. Routing time is ~24 hours. Recommend three strong guys.

http://www.sfuelsgolonger.com
Quote Reply
Re: Drain field is not working? [dcsxtri10] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dcsxtri10 wrote:
Slowman wrote:

______

This is actually sort of a fun thread ...... I suspect a lot more people need their septic tanks serviced than need a new tribike ..... you may be onto a "goldmine" of sorts here Dan ;-)

Dave :-)

Actually you're right. I DO need my septic tank pumped.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply