Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Drag suit recs
Quote | Reply
I had a TYR, but it fell apart in 6 months. Was thinking of trying a Dolphin? Anyone have a dragger they have been able to beat up and have it not fray apart? Thanks!

Also if you found any sizing difs b/t brands.....34 TYR is perfect for me, but not sure how that works across other brands.
Last edited by: tigerpaws: May 2, 14 9:34
Quote Reply
Re: Drag suit recs [tigerpaws] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Speedo square leg poly trainer. Best training suit there is. Mine usually last a year of 4-5 days/week and never washing it once. I had a TYR equivalent that fit larger for the same size, but don't take my word for it.
Quote Reply
Re: Drag suit recs [T-wrecks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
T-wrecks wrote:
Speedo square leg poly trainer. Best training suit there is. Mine usually last a year of 4-5 days/week and never washing it once. I had a TYR equivalent that fit larger for the same size, but don't take my word for it.
x2...been my go to for more than 10 years

It's easy to make excuses, but excuses don't make champions.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
T-wrecks wrote:

Ahh ok great, would rather take a rec from a happy customer than guess on a Dolphin. The TYR was a disaster and it was showing issues a month in. I even had to sew in the right leg inseam to keep it alive 6 months.

On to Speedo!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
T-wrecks wrote:

This one right?

http://www.swimoutlet.com/...suit-1609/?color=212
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That's the one. More colors are available at different retailers, too (http://www.swim2000.com/...g-male/Show_All=true). The green fades really badly but the rest are fine.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
T-wrecks wrote:
That's the one. More colors are available at different retailers, too (http://www.swim2000.com/...g-male/Show_All=true). The green fades really badly but the rest are fine.

Oooh nice thanks!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
just an update for anyone considering a drag suit. tyr let me down, speedo fell apart sooner than i'd hoped too. dolphin is probably going to outlive me it's unreal. $25. no more practice jammers disintegrating on me!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You haven't had good luck with the speedos? Really?

wonder why that is (different pool chems maybe, or UV exposure?) Mine looks as good as the day I bought it, and I don't think it has actually completely dried since I got it at Christmas.

Underneath the drag suit I wear an Arena training speedo, I think it's called Maxlife fabric, or something like that. Anyway, I've been wearing that one every day since September. The inner liner is faded and starting to rip, but the outer shell hasn't worn or faded at all.

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Re: Drag suit recs [JasoninHalifax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JasoninHalifax wrote:
You haven't had good luck with the speedos? Really?

wonder why that is (different pool chems maybe, or UV exposure?) Mine looks as good as the day I bought it, and I don't think it has actually completely dried since I got it at Christmas.

Underneath the drag suit I wear an Arena training speedo, I think it's called Maxlife fabric, or something like that. Anyway, I've been wearing that one every day since September. The inner liner is faded and starting to rip, but the outer shell hasn't worn or faded at all.

Very well could be UV......I'm down in south Florida and who knows. In point of fact I dunno if I have been in an indoor pool in 25 years? Maybe longer.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
T-wrecks wrote:

What? The green is awesome! I had mine for 10 years of varying use (30k/week for 4 months, 10k/week for 8 months... repeat). It faded a bit, but was still green-ish at the end. Just replaced it with a Nike that feels the same quality. Planning on another 10 years with this one.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
tigerpaws wrote:
just an update for anyone considering a drag suit. tyr let me down, speedo fell apart sooner than i'd hoped too. dolphin is probably going to outlive me it's unreal. $25. no more practice jammers disintegrating on me!

Sorry to have led you astray. Surprised the Speedo fell apart. I've had the thread holding it together disintegrate but that's taken 18 months, all indoors. Usually the seam in the crotch. But glad you found something that works in your locale/pool chemistry.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
T-wrecks wrote:
tigerpaws wrote:

Sorry to have led you astray. Surprised the Speedo fell apart. I've had the thread holding it together disintegrate but that's taken 18 months, all indoors. Usually the seam in the crotch. But glad you found something that works in your locale/pool chemistry.

Oh heck it's not your fault anything could have caused them to fail. I fart a lot too. Kinda dig these with the extra soggy diaper look it blends in with my 'ab' now.
Last edited by: tigerpaws: May 4, 15 13:55
Quote Reply