Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Downtown Indianapolis Triathlon Club / Group
Quote | Reply
I'm new to this forum and so not sure if this has been discussed before, however, I am looking for a training group or club that operates in downtown Indianapolis. I have done some research on Tri Clubs in the area, but most of the ones I found run out of Carmel, Noblesville, Broad Ripple or the South Side.

If anyone knows a club that meets and practices downtown, that would be helpful to know. I may have just missed it or can not find it online.

Also, if there happens not to be a group like this, I am also open to starting a group out of downtown.

Thanks for any help, thoughts or comments!
Quote Reply
Re: Downtown Indianapolis Triathlon Club / Group [triguyindy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There are a couple of big clubs and tri-shops with teams; TRI-Loco and Runners Forum Tri-team. There are both on FB and tons of members, training events and socials.

Go for it!

STIndiana
America Multi-Sport, Inc.
America's Half June 10, 2017
USAT RD Century Club
http://www.americamultisport.com
Last edited by: Stindiana: Mar 7, 17 3:41
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm not aware of any particular group/team/club downtown, but I might be able to hook you up with some like-minded individuals. Most of the groups I'm familiar with, like you said, are in the north suburbs - Fit Livin', Tri NASTI, Tri-Loco, etc.

Tri Tornados is a group that I am not especially familiar with, but see them around. I'm not sure where they are based.

The PCS Multisport group out of Plainfield, although based in the west 'burbs, has a couple of folks living downtown. They're a really nice group of people, and maybe can provide some opportunities to train. Send me a PM and I can get you in touch with them.

I would also check with the NIFS (on the IUPUI campus) and see if they are aware of any groups that might work for you. You might need to break things down by discipline - I know there are some running groups that run along the canal regularly, there is at least one masters swim team out of the Natatorium at IUPUI, and if you are OK riding with roadies, check into the downtown YMCA/BikeHub, CIBA, #Hashtag Bikes, or Marion College for group rides. I know I'm forgetting something.

Good luck!

Travis Rassat
Vector Cycle Works
Noblesville, IN
BikeFit Instructor | FMS | F.I.S.T. | IBFI
Toughman Triathlon Series Ambassador
Quote Reply
Re: Downtown Indianapolis Triathlon Club / Group [Travis R] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the info and the ideas! I just started at NIFS and didn't even think about that, so will definitely be asking around there.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There's an open water swim race in downtown Indy in the summer: Poseidon's Swim Challenge, I think.
[notpinkeither]

Put on by Crossroads Events, iirc.
Andrew Moss