Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Doping is everywhere
Quote | Reply
Apparently track and field has as big a problem as cycling when The Unnamed was winning: http://www.npr.org/...d-in-track-and-field

This just makes me want to quit watching sports. Except football, cuz Go 'Murica.

Almost seems like all the events and records are faked, like watching a "based on real events" docudrama.
Quote Reply
Re: Doping is everywhere [ether] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ether wrote:
Apparently track and field has as big a problem as cycling when The Unnamed was winning: http://www.npr.org/...d-in-track-and-field

This just makes me want to quit watching sports. Except football, cuz Go 'Murica.

Almost seems like all the events and records are faked, like watching a "based on real events" docudrama.

No way all that muscle, speed, and recovery is coming from only lifting weights and better diet.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ether wrote:

Just leave the magic to the magicians - and enjoy the show ;)
Last edited by: Salmon Steve: Aug 3, 15 10:57
Quote Reply
Re: Doping is everywhere [trifreemc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trifreemc wrote:
ether wrote:

No way all that muscle, speed, and recovery is coming from only lifting weights and better diet.

Sorry, let me be more clear:

This just makes me want to quit watching sports. PINK PINK PINK PINK: Except football, cuz Go 'Murica. /end pink.

Does that help?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nobody has ever accused me of doping.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You can't even rely on non-human powered sports. Doping is rife in horse racing. And it's a problem in motorsports too; recall the restrictor plate cheating in NASCAR as a recent example.

Cheating in sports is as old as sport itself...

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I wonder if doping would exist if money did not exist?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ether wrote:

What does it matter that they dope? At the end of the day, only the athletes' health will suffer and they reaped the benefits.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sorry, sort of knew you were tongue in cheek on that one and was just stating the likely obvious as a follow on. I live in football crazed Alabama and get tired of hearing how endurance sports is soooooo corrupt, cycling is most corrupt sport ever, blah, blah, blah, and then followed by, unlike football which is a REAL sport.
Quote Reply
Re: Doping is everywhere [SamYO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SamYO wrote:

should this be in pink? ummmm hell yes. age group athletes cheat all the time and it's basically pride on the line. when the word compete is used somebody will cheat or dope. period. ego drives it more than money sometimes.

Kirk Noyes

Downtubes are for Dinosaurs

Quote Reply
Post deleted by Administrator [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
http://www.nbc.com/...-drug-olympics/n9691

"You can never win or lose if you don't run the race." - Richard Butler

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Are you just realizing this now?

This reminds me of this hilarious Onion article about the Tour.

http://www.theonion.com/...-tour-de-france-2268

From the article: "It's nearly impossible to compete in the full Tour while shot full of human growth hormone, erythropoietin, testosterone, glucocorticosteroids, synthetic testosterone, anabolic steroids, horse testosterone, amphetamines, and one's own pre-packed oxygen-rich red blood cells. To do it on water and bananas is almost heroic, no matter what one's time is."

Long Chile was a silly place.
Last edited by: BCtriguy1: Aug 3, 15 11:32
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's definitely frustrating, but more so in the age group ranks does it bother me.

What the pros do with their bodies, well, they sold their souls a long time ago.

But when I see guys in my age group go from consistent times over the past several years, and then suddenly drop 45+ mins in their HIM PR in one year and suddenly have the "recuperative ability" to compete at the highest level in up to 10-11 IM-type events in the same calendar year, well, that does piss me off a tad.

Oh wait, sorry, they just had a training "breakthrough" this year....<rolleyes>

Or perhaps they are just strength training this year, or bought a better bike.

Maybe they're eating better, or hired a good coach finally.

Yeah, right.

High ego needs + higher disposable income + "anti-aging clinics" on every street corner + no real testing = you guessed it

Screw you, cheaters. You all suck.

---------------------

"Whether you believe you can or you can't, you are right."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SamYO wrote:

You seriously have to ask that question?
Quote Reply
Re: Doping is everywhere [Ga Tri Coach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ga Tri Coach wrote:
It's definitely frustrating, but more so in the age group ranks does it bother me.

What the pros do with their bodies, well, they sold their souls a long time ago.

But when I see guys in my age group go from consistent times over the past several years, and then suddenly drop 45+ mins in their HIM PR in one year and suddenly have the "recuperative ability" to compete at the highest level in up to 10-11 IM-type events in the same calendar year, well, that does piss me off a tad.

Yeah, right.

High ego needs + higher disposable income + "anti-aging clinics" on every street corner + no real testing = you guessed it

Uh oh. I better not get good all of a sudden. Thankfully there's little chance of that happening.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SamYO wrote:

If money did not exist would dope be cheaper or more expensive?

Find out what it is in life that you don't do well, then don't
do that thing.
Quote Reply
Re: Doping is everywhere [logella] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
logella wrote:
Ga Tri Coach wrote:

Yeah, right.

Uh oh. I better not get good all of a sudden. Thankfully there's little chance of that happening.

Lol.

Getting good isn't the clincher IMO. It's getting REALLY good after years of mediocrity, and then having the "recuperative ability" to do many grueling races at a higher level than the average bear -- all out of the blue. Actually the latter is more indicative than just the sudden improvement in speed.

That just isn't realistic. One doesn't go from 5:10-5:30 HIMs each year to 4:20ish at >45 yo at repeated races in one year just because they're eating more quinoa.

I personally know an AGer who fits this model who admitted to me that he is visiting an "anti-aging clinic" for a "hormonal imbalance". He sincerely believes he's doing nothing wrong.

---------------------

"Whether you believe you can or you can't, you are right."
Quote Reply
Re: Doping is everywhere [Ga Tri Coach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
I personally know an AGer who fits this model who admitted to me that he is visiting an "anti-aging clinic" for a "hormonal imbalance". He sincerely believes he's doing nothing wrong.

There is such a clinic maybe 100 yards from the IM Texas transition area which is on the way to my office. I have seen IM stickers parked in front of their offices many many times. And not just during race week.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SamYO wrote:

In college I had a couple buddies who regularly did 'roids for nothing more than teh gainz & the pussy.
Quote Reply
Re: Doping is everywhere [kman74] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kman74 wrote:
SamYO wrote:

should this be in pink? ummmm hell yes. age group athletes cheat all the time and it's basically pride on the line. when the word compete is used somebody will cheat or dope. period. ego drives it more than money sometimes.

Not to disagree with you here but there is something seriously wrong with amateurs who cheat in this way.

The crowd is more interested in the last place finishers than they are interested in the AG winners.
Ones family, friends, coworkers - could care less how fast one is. And they all are certain they could kick ones loser ass (if they did half the training) anyway.

The only person that is impressed by AG achievements is the AG athlete himself/herself. But how do you impress yourself if you know that you are a cheater?
Do you suffer from some kind of amnesia?
Do you only see morality as it applies to others? - "Well it is not cheating if I did it."

I just don't understand.
Quote Reply
Re: Doping is everywhere [dirtymangos] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dirtymangos wrote:
kman74 wrote:
SamYO wrote:

Not to disagree with you here but there is something seriously wrong with amateurs who cheat in this way.

The crowd is more interested in the last place finishers than they are interested in the AG winners.
Ones family, friends, coworkers - could care less how fast one is. And they all are certain they could kick ones loser ass (if they did half the training) anyway.

The only person that is impressed by AG achievements is the AG athlete himself/herself. But how do you impress yourself if you know that you are a cheater?
Do you suffer from some kind of amnesia?
Do you only see morality as it applies to others? - "Well it is not cheating if I did it."

I just don't understand.

It's funny but you are totally correct. people that don't understand Ironman or have ever been around all of us look to celebrate people finishing and the dark hours. Never looked at it that way till you said that. great points.

Kirk Noyes

Downtubes are for Dinosaurs

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do they have drug testing in women's MMA?

Find out what it is in life that you don't do well, then don't
do that thing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SamYO wrote:
That's my favorite line in "Imagine" by John and Yoko
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't know what you are talking about...Since my buddy was busted there is no doping in cycling anymore.../pink
Quote Reply

Prev Next