Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Does anyone have experience with Power2Max or Rotor Power Meter?
Quote | Reply
I'm in the market for a power meter and was wondering if anyone has any experience with either P2M or the new Roter PM's. i have have experience with Quarq (s975 Saturn) and powertap. I'm essentially looking for any non-wheel based PM that is Ant+. Obviously cheaper is better, but id be willing to pay for quality and features. Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: Does anyone have experience with Power2Max or Rotor Power Meter? [trithink] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
some fairly in=depth reviews on power2max reviews exist here:

http://www.dcrainmaker.com/2013/01/power2max-power-meter-in-depth-review.html

http://jibbering.com/sports/power2max-review.html

the rotor power meter is fairly new, so havent seen any reviews yet.
Quote Reply
Re: Does anyone have experience with Power2Max or Rotor Power Meter? [davidalone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks. I've read those reviews, but was hoping to hear some STers experiences with those 2 or any other non hub based, Ant + PM's.
Quote Reply
Re: Does anyone have experience with Power2Max or Rotor Power Meter? [trithink] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trithink wrote:
any other non hub based, Ant + PM's.

If that is your only criteria then buy a Quarq. Reliable, durable and some of the best customer support in the industry.
Quote Reply
Re: Does anyone have experience with Power2Max or Rotor Power Meter? [MattAune] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I really liked my quarq, but I recenly upgraded my bike and it has a bbright bottom bracket and an rotor crank with an aero chainring. I'd like to keep that set up if possible. My old Quarq was a gpx, so I sold it as I didnt want to use an adapter.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
S975 BB30 Quarq. No adapters. Mount Rotor Aero Rings, or as this guy did Rotor Aero Q-Rings.
http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...orum_view_collapsed;

http://bbright.net/supportingbrands.aspx

To more answer your question, I would stay away from both of those options until its been proven that they are accurate. Read the Wattage Google Group, they have had many discussions about the P2M. The rotor is so new I dont know anyone who uses one.
Last edited by: MattAune: Feb 20, 13 11:46
Quote Reply
Re: Does anyone have experience with Power2Max or Rotor Power Meter? [MattAune] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks. I'll check out the power group.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a P2M mounted to a Rotor 3D+. My interest in it was primarily to move to shorter crank arms. I have had the unit on my DA since November and have used it almost exclusively indoors on my Lemond. Not exactly sure what you are looking for outside of what Ray put in his review, but I have had zero issues in terms of reliability with the P2M. The drift issue that early units had has been solved and the powerbalance metric is an interesting one to look at. It is about as heavy as PMs get but on the TT bike that matters little to me. I think Ray did a pretty good job in his review and I have been happy with my experience so far.

My YouTubes

Last edited by: Stalkan: Feb 20, 13 12:40
Quote Reply
Re: Does anyone have experience with Power2Max or Rotor Power Meter? [Stalkan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks, that's exactly what I wanted to hear. I have a P5 with a 3d+ crank and an aero ring. P2M showed me how to cut out the chainring to fit the power meter and that does make me a little nervous, although still interested. Thanks again.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I take it you are interested in the 110BCD version? Though I had 110 rings I, didn't want to fiddle with them not working even though Michael thought they might work. The battery cover did need some sanding to ensure proper clearance but other than that install was straight forward.

My YouTubes

Last edited by: Stalkan: Feb 20, 13 14:51
Quote Reply
Re: Does anyone have experience with Power2Max or Rotor Power Meter? [Stalkan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes it is a 110 and Michael sent me photos of the the chainring he cut out. He say that there is plenty of metal on the aero ring and that he put up to 1500 watts on his during sprints. That said, P2M doesn't recommend altering the chainring... naturally. My thinking is if I'm going to buy new chainrings, I might as well just spend a little extra money and go with the Quarq.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i've a rotor(srm base) and it works good
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a p2max with almost a year on my tt bike, rotor 3d crank. No issues. I don't have the temp. compensation upgrade but it has not been a problem. Several of my friends have them as well and again no problems to report.
Quote Reply
Re: Does anyone have experience with Power2Max or Rotor Power Meter? [sheene] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks so much for all the feedback!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Here's what it looks like on my P5. Haven't had any issues with it. Bolted right on.

http://forum.slowtwitch.com/..._reply;so=ASC;mh=25;
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Echoing what other P2M users have said here. I've had mine since December. It is mounted on a Rotor 3D crank. Did the install myself and have been riding it consistently since then with zero issues. I'm happy with the choice and the extra C-bills in my wallet.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i use the p2m and have found it fantastic. dm me and i can put you in touch with a discount
Quote Reply
Re: Does anyone have experience with Power2Max or Rotor Power Meter? [hypersteve] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Steve,
So you cut out the chainring to fit the P2M? If yes, how did you do it?BTW, Your bike looks great!
Thanks,
Rick
Quote Reply
Re: Does anyone have experience with Power2Max or Rotor Power Meter? [jamesstout] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi James,
Thanks so much for the Feedback.
Rick
Quote Reply
Re: Does anyone have experience with Power2Max or Rotor Power Meter? [caius] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the feedback. What type of chainrings did you have on your Rotor 3D?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Rick, thanks. No didn't have to cut anything. All that was needed was to file down the chain catcher at the battery cover (the underside of the triangular piece, at the point) so it would sit flush against the aero chainring. It's explained in detail in the manual. Otherwise, it fit right in. That was the main reason I went with P2M. Didn't need any adapter or such.

Steve
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
trithink wrote:
Thanks for the feedback. What type of chainrings did you have on your Rotor 3D?

I moved the chainrings from my compact FSA Gossamer crank over to the Rotor, which was also easy.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My shop got our first Rotor power meter last week and our tech installed it on my road bike yesterday.
Next ride is scheduled for Friday so I'll have some feedback for you then.
Quote Reply
Re: Does anyone have experience with Power2Max or Rotor Power Meter? [JeepFleeb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm waiting for a p2max to arrive right now (UPS says it takes 5 days from Germany to England, hell, I think a slowtwitch reader could cycle it to me faster) and will be installing next week on a 52/36. Week after that I'll be in Portugal on a bike heavy training camp with a powertap rear, so I'll see if I can set up a pair of head units and post the data. Should be about 20 hours worth of sprints / climbs / intervals.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Proud member of the GUCrew
Twitter: @tripigeon Blog: Ironpigeon.com
Thoughts on AG sponsorships / community involvement: http://bit.ly/1dQlVDy
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have the Power2Max (new version with temperature compensation) built on Rotor 3D crankset.

I don't have anything to compare it with so am very happy.
I have about 40 hours (trainer use only) on it so far and have never seen a power or cadence drop off.

Feel free to PM me if you have specific questions.

#######
My Blog
Quote Reply

Prev Next