Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Do you use a Compex device - tell me your thought
Quote | Reply
Looking into possibly purchasing a Compex unit mostly for recovery purposes. I am interested to hear your experiences with Compex or similar product and how it has helped you. Do you find it to be a valuable tool to have? Have you used it for strengthening, and if so have you seen gains?

Whats the main difference between a Compex unit and one of these cheaper ones I see on Amazon? http://www.amazon.com/USD723178S-HealthmateForever-Electrotherapy-Electronic-relaxation/dp/B00O7CM12W/ref=pd_sim_121_4?ie=UTF8&refRID=1RZN3T3JRT5NPCCGJZSW

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Do you use a Compex device - tell me your thought [Mcluvin22] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I borrowed one from someone and thought it would yield little to no results. I am pretty sceptical about that kind of thing. Sceptical enough that I was determined to prove it wrong. After a long ride I used the device on one leg only, quads and calves.

In short, after the session the treated leg felt great, the other was the same as it was after the ride. BUT ... having had a massage type stimulation you would expect the leg to feel 'nicer' anyway so I came to the conclusion that it was a placebo type "I've paid a lot of money so it must work" type scenario for most people.

The next day I was sold. I had pretty much forgotten / ignored the fact that I had used Compex the night prior and did my ride the next day. The leg I had treated was noticeably better than the other, both at rest and when on the bike. I purchased one shortly after that.

I only use it for recovery, mainly quads and calves. I also used it on a chronic ant tib issue that I had on and off for a couple of years. It fixed in one session and never came back. Might be coincidence but I'll take it.

Don't expect miracles ... if you go for a long hard ride then your legs are going to feel tired but they should, and in my case do, feel a decent amount better after a Compex session and I don't get that initial super fatigued leg feeling when I workout out the next day.

I use it mainly after hard / long sessions and racing. I have the Compex Wireless.

The difference between qualities (uneducated response here!) is probably the way the current works. When I use the machine at my physio (some uber device on wheels) the current / contraction is bigger, hard to explain but the whole muscle contracts with a smoother more solid squeeze. The small Compex style machines are less of a contraction. They still contract, with force - more than you will be able to handle, but it is less all encompassing. Hard to explain unless you feel it.

I imagine the cheaper you go the more that feeling is likely to diminish. On another note, we had ours about a year using the same pads, they got 'unsticky' but we lubed them with some ultrasound gel (cheap) and they sprang back to life.

Hope that helps.

Mcluvin22 wrote:
Looking into possibly purchasing a Compex unit mostly for recovery purposes. I am interested to hear your experiences with Compex or similar product and how it has helped you. Do you find it to be a valuable tool to have? Have you used it for strengthening, and if so have you seen gains?

Whats the main difference between a Compex unit and one of these cheaper ones I see on Amazon? http://www.amazon.com/USD723178S-HealthmateForever-Electrotherapy-Electronic-relaxation/dp/B00O7CM12W/ref=pd_sim_121_4?ie=UTF8&refRID=1RZN3T3JRT5NPCCGJZSW

Thanks

https://www.pbandjcoaching.com
https://www.thisbigroadtrip.com
Quote Reply
Re: Do you use a Compex device - tell me your thought [Jaymz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That does help, thank you.

Anyone else care to share their experience?
Quote Reply
Re: Do you use a Compex device - tell me your thought [Mcluvin22] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I use one. I pretty much just use the active recovery mode every night and go through two sequences after tough workouts. I like it and it seems to have some good effect. The most significant was after my HIM this past weekend. I used it for a few days and I seem to have bounced back more quickly after this race. Granted that may also be to increased fitness. Overall I think it is a good product and it feels good.

Team Zoot
2019 Sponsors: Canyon Bikes, Garmin, Smith Optics, Gatorade, Zealios Skin Care & Sun Protection, Speedfill Products, Base Performance, Ottolock, Theragun, Boco Gear, ORR Carbon Wheel Systems, Giddy Up Multisport
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I actually have two and use them quite often. I used to use them mainly for recovery but recently crashed during a race and am out for the season. I use the strength and endurance modes on my legs to try to keep some level of fitness. We will see how that goes.
Quote Reply
Re: Do you use a Compex device - tell me your thought [gshtrisport] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry to hear about the crash. Hoping for a speedy recovery.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Check out MarcPro if recovery is what you are after. It is gold

Quote | Reply
Had issues with two lead ports on my Elite model & while within the warranty period they wouldn't contact me back for a long time, or own up to the warranty saying something about why I had to double the power on two ports as the other, because the left/right legs can change that requirement for a number of reasons & it was normal--what crap. Finally got hold of the actual Director there & she was absolutely useless in offering any help. What did they do? Stalled for months until it passed warranty period then finally said t was out of warranty & have to fork some $$ over for a new one. Yea--can't say I would recommend Compex based off that experience. DO NOT BUY A COMPEX is my .02 cents--horrible customer experience. Others may have had a different experience but that was mine.

So a faulty COMPEX sits in my closet. If I want it fixed I guess I'll have to pay a repair fee but I'm too pissed about them to even deal with them.
Quote Reply