Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Do you take the caster wheels of a Scicon bike bag before checking in?
Quote | Reply
I've probably set a new low for stupid questions with this one. I recently bought a Scicon Aerocomfort tri bike bag and was pretty proud of myself yesterday for packing the bike in it last night in preparation for a flight to Boulder. I was looking at the bag with the bike in it and it occurred to me that the agent at the Air Canada counter tomorrow will surely want me to take off the caster wheels. Has this happened to other people, or do agents just take the bag with the caster wheels still on it?
Quote Reply
Re: Do you take the caster wheels of a Scicon bike bag before checking in? [hyr00] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would leave them on. I don't know why they would make you take them off unless its a Canadian thing. my Scicon has been to Mexico and Norway without having to remove them.
Quote Reply
Re: Do you take the caster wheels of a Scicon bike bag before checking in? [hyr00] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have never taken mine off traveling around the U.S., to Puerto Rico, and Canada. Seems like that would just make it more difficult to move the bag around.

Quote | Reply
Thanks for replying. I never know what to expect with Air Canada. Sometimes they make me put my backpack in a huge plastic bag. Once they got me to put a bike box in a plastic bag. I didn't really get that one. So I figured I should be ready for anything when I show up at the counter tomorrow. The agents mean well but I guess they see a lot of damage done to bags and conveyor belts from parts that stick out.

How much equipment do you put in the bag itself? eg helmet, tools, bike shoes?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My helmet shoes and all other gear go with me in a backpack as carry on. if the bike gets lost then I can hopefully rent a bike and still use my kit. i do throw an allen wrench set in the side pocket to move the extensions back and check other bolts before the race.

Good luck in Boulder. my wife and i will be there at T-2 catching bikes.
Quote Reply