Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Disk rubbing against Chain stay.
Quote | Reply
I have borrowed a zipp disk wheel for my scott plasna 30.

It rubs against the non drive side chain stay, would adjusting the rear drop out adjusting screws help this? If so how do i do it.

If not how can I solve it. It does look like its not compatible however I borrowed it yesterday and didn't bother bringing my own wheel up to tomorrows race like a true tit.

Edit: Also to say there is plenty of space on the other side but i cant gst the wheel to stop dropping over to the non drive side
Last edited by: Janner: May 23, 15 12:20
Quote Reply
Re: Disk rubbing against Chain stay. [Janner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Which model Zipp disc is it?

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If your bike has screws in horizontal rear dropouts, then all you need to do is adjust those. Either shorten the one on the side that rubs or lengthen the one on the opposite side. Do it in such a way that the tire doesn't hit the frame cut out though.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes it should fix it. I was having issue with tire rubbing then realized, after many different thoughts on why, it was set screws. Easy fix as long as it's not the day before the race then it's really hard because if you're like me you were freaking out thinking your bike was totaled and not just an easy fix!

Twitter - Instagram
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You may just need to tighten your quick release skewer.

/kj

http://kjmcawesome.tumblr.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Disk rubbing against Chain stay. [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cheers for the replys, managed to play with a bit last night, reduced tge rubbing to just acceleration and cornering.

Took first in my age today so appreciate it
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply