Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Disc brakes for Cervelo, and folks said it would not happen
Quote | Reply
http://www.cervelo.com/...s/eurobike-news.html

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Last edited by: h2ofun: Sep 3, 15 6:36
Quote Reply
Re: Disc brakes for Cerverlo, and folks said it would not happen [h2ofun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
May not be TT, but if not, it continues to build momentum.

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Quote Reply
Re: Disc brakes for Cerverlo, and folks said it would not happen [h2ofun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
h2ofun wrote:
http://www.cervelo.com/en/experience/stories/eurobike-news.html

Your thread title is a straw man.

http://bikeblather.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
h2ofun wrote:
http://www.cervelo.com/en/experience/stories/eurobike-news.html

Hey ol' boy, those are road bikes. Pull you head out of your...

No one said it wouldn't happen. Stop trying to be a contrarian. Why do you work so hard to try and be different? You just end up being a joke instead.
Last edited by: Jctriguy: Sep 2, 15 15:36
Quote Reply
Post deleted by Administrator [ In reply to ]
Re: Disc brakes for Cerverlo, and folks said it would not happen [gabbiev] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gabbiev wrote:
Even Cervelo isn't immune to market pressure.

Or market desires

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
h2ofun wrote:
gabbiev wrote:
Even Cervelo isn't immune to market pressure.

Or market desires

Don't kid yourself.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The community said that disc brakes on a tri bike is a solution looking for a problem. It might happen, but it hasn't happened yet. Your title is misleading.
Quote Reply
Re: Disc brakes for Cerverlo, and folks said it would not happen [HuffNPuff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
HuffNPuff wrote:
The community said that disc brakes on a tri bike is a solution looking for a problem. It might happen, but it hasn't happened yet. Your title is misleading.

Why, it technically is correct.

Guess you missed my second post saying nothing says they are doing a TT bike though.

If it is only a road bike, once all the stuff is in place, going to a TT would be very easy it would seem.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
h2ofun wrote:
HuffNPuff wrote:

Guess you missed my second post saying nothing says they are doing a TT bike though.

If it is only a road bike, once all the stuff is in place, going to a TT would be very easy it would seem.

As with many things in life...just because you can, it doesn't mean you should.

Quote Reply
Re: Disc brakes for Cerverlo, and folks said it would not happen [Tom A.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fried butter comes to mind
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
h2ofun wrote:
HuffNPuff wrote:

Your title isn't even close to correct in any sense. No 'folks' said it wouldn't happen. That is just your made up bullshit to try and set everyone against you. That way you can play the victim, the underdog or the guy out blazing his own trail.
Last edited by: Jctriguy: Sep 2, 15 17:02
Quote Reply
Re: Disc brakes for Cerverlo, and folks said it would not happen [gabbiev] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gabbiev wrote:
If I *were* to consider a disc road bike, I'd take one of Canyon's early prototypes that had dual discs (with very small rotors) on the front end; there was a hydraulic splitter that accommodated front calipers located on either side of the fork.

That sounds kinda cool. Got a pic of this interesting machine?

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.
DarkSpeedWorks.com.....Reviews.....Insta.....Facebook

--
Quote Reply
Re: Disc brakes for Cerverlo, and folks said it would not happen [Nonojohn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nonojohn wrote:
Fried butter comes to mind

Or, the "Krispy Kreme Choc. Bacon Cheeseburger"...

Quote Reply
Re: Disc brakes for Cerverlo, and folks said it would not happen [Tom A.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Krispy Kreme cheeseburger is so good!

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Kinda cool. But odd that the calipers are on opposite sides of the fork. That has gotta be wonky.

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.

--
Quote Reply
Re: Disc brakes for Cerverlo, and folks said it would not happen [DarkSpeedWorks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wonky, or balanced from a brake reaction force standpoint?......
Quote Reply
Re: Disc brakes for Cerverlo, and folks said it would not happen [shadwell] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Haven't done an analysis of the forces on the set up above, but aren't most successful motorcycle set ups done with the calipers both on the aft side of the fork blades?

--
Quote Reply
Re: Disc brakes for Cerverlo, and folks said it would not happen [DarkSpeedWorks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes and they have fully captive axles.... which this generation of QR hub / fork obviously does not.

The Canyon drop out direction is the classic vertical alignment, which some had issues with the single rear mount caliper driving the axle in a downward path.
I wonder if this was done to reduce this....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DarkSpeedWorks wrote:
gabbiev wrote:
If I *were* to consider a disc road bike, I'd take one of Canyon's early prototypes that had dual discs (with very small rotors) on the front end; there was a hydraulic splitter that accommodated front calipers located on either side of the fork.

That sounds kinda cool. Got a pic of this interesting machine?

A couple pics in here: http://www.bikeradar.com/...eurobike-2015-45145/ (edit: Oops...slow on the draw)

BTW, Bill McCready of Santana Tandems fit a dual front disc to one of his tandems MANY years ago...and guess what? He still says the best front brake for a tandem is a V-brake :-/

Last edited by: Tom A.: Sep 2, 15 17:58
Quote Reply
Re: Disc brakes for Cerverlo, and folks said it would not happen [shadwell] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
shadwell wrote:
Yes and they have fully captive axles.... which this generation of QR hub / fork obviously does not.

The Canyon drop out direction is the classic vertical alignment, which some had issues with the single rear mount caliper driving the axle in a downward path.

The force vector on the fork when one applies the brakes points forward for both of them and therefore acts as a regenerative brake, eliminating the wasteful loss of momentum and allowing the bicycle to continue forward reducing energy losses.... Ingenious!

I believe my local reality has been violated.
Quote | Reply
shadwell wrote:

You might be right. But looking at it, then why didn't they put both calipers on the top of the blades?

--
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DarkSpeedWorks wrote:
Kinda cool. But odd that the calipers are on opposite sides of the fork. That has gotta be wonky.

More likely that it's a concept using off the shelf calipers, which are only machined for single sided installations. Lots of tooling to spin up to make a mirror image copy of the caliper for the other side just for a one-off design idea.

--
I ride Felt.
Quote Reply

Prev Next