Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Disc Brake Covers
Quote | Reply
Per the CPA, the UCI Equipment Commission is looking into covers for disc brakes. Ostensibly for safety reasons, but I give these about a week after becoming legit that they start becoming aero accessories. Hell, as well-finished as those 3D prints look in those images, there is no way someone hasn't already started designing, especially since aero covers are already acceptable and pretty ubiquitous for rim brakes.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/...t-disc-brake-covers/
Quote Reply
Re: Disc Brake Covers [Koz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm calling now ... TriRig Theta will be hitting the market soon ... and be significantly overpriced.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It looks hideous.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If those attach to the bike, they sure look to make wheel swaps even harder...

Oh, and they'd better go up in disc size...keeping them cool is going to be a real PITA, not to mention "a real drag" :-/

The lengths people will go to avoid making rim braking surfaces out of aluminum is laughable...

http://bikeblather.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Visually, the design reminds me an awful lot of this ...

And this ...

Smile

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.
DarkSpeedWorks.com.....Reviews.....Insta.....Facebook

--
Last edited by: DarkSpeedWorks: Apr 7, 17 9:37
Quote Reply
Re: Disc Brake Covers [Tom A.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Agree. Wheel swaps are the reason some teams aren't using their current disc brake bikes and then if this gets added to the picture it will only get worse. I also think it creates just another level of something to go wrong during a ride or after a wreck for disc brakes let alone the fact it makes the bike look fugly as well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Boom.

...because carbon never breaks in a crash, particularly never into small, pointy, dagger-like shapes...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Last edited by: WelshinPhilly: Apr 14, 17 10:04
Quote Reply