Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Dirty Girl Mud Run is canceled, wenches revolt
Quote | Reply
http://www.wvgazette.com/.../GZ01/140729704/1101

If a lawsuit is effective here, will that set a precedent? RD's take note either way...

I tweet!

Quote Reply
Re: Dirty Girl Mud Run is canceled, wenches revolt [ZackCapets] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
From the title I thought maybe this was related to your xterra race report *pink
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Weather is one thing, but most other excuses are specious. Not paying deposits is not an excuse.

I feel sorry for those who paid entry fees.

I think the organization has to make an accounting of the money received and the money spent.

RDs don't want to hear this, but if this becomes more common there would be an escrow demand from the town that hosts the event. All entry fees are held in escrow and the RD has to make detailed requests for withdrawals to pay expenses.

I've had a few events cancelled due to lightning, which I didn't receive a refund for and that was okay. I've had others cancelled due to venue or road construction problems and those I received refunds for.

Swim - Bike - Run the rest is just clothing changes.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The only "precedent" set is that if you take people's money promising to deliver a service then through nothing buy your own ineptitude fail to deliver said product you're probably going to get sued.
Quote Reply
Re: Dirty Girl Mud Run is canceled, wenches revolt [JayZ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you take money and promise an event and then dont pay your bills you deserve to be sued. You are not holding up your end of the purchase agreement. I hope the people responsible for such a misguided thought process is no longer involved in any events in the future.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Shall be interesting to see what happens.

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
anyone else in triathlon-land recognize the name of the rd?
Quote Reply
Re: Dirty Girl Mud Run is canceled, wenches revolt [Ellsworth53T] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ellsworth53T wrote:
From the title I thought maybe this was related to your xterra race report *pink

A better thread title would be "The wenches are revolting" :)
Quote Reply
Re: Dirty Girl Mud Run is canceled, wenches revolt [Afleet Alex] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes I do. He was one of the original RD's for Soma triathlon in Tempe AZ.

What do I win? (and it better be good or I smell a class action coming your way) (pink)

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Last edited by: desert dude: Jul 24, 14 9:25
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There has been a string of similar situations in the obstacle/mud/themed-run events for over a year now - cancellations, bankruptcies etc . .. The growth of these events has been extraordinary - insane actually! Some of the marquee event brands (Color Run et al) did not even exist 3 years ago as businesses, and this year they will surpass a million participants world-wide!

The challenge is obvious, that is completely unsustainable growth.

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
not what i was expecting

the only mud run i have done two fricken hotties started wrestling in the mud right in front of me well worth the admission...that is what i had hoped for when opening this thread

All I Wanted Was A Pepsi, Just One Pepsi

Team Zoot, Team Zoot Mid-Atlantic

Quote Reply
Re: Dirty Girl Mud Run is canceled, wenches revolt [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
a smile, handshake and cold brew next time our paths cross sir. >no pink< figured you would know him.
Quote Reply