Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Dimond weight question
Quote | Reply
OK, so before everyone points out the 'ol, aero trumps weight line...I do get it. However, I'm really interested in purchasing a Dimond with superfork and am curious about the weight of the (size small) frame and forks. I've looked everywhere but cannot find this data. It seems as though all of the bike manufacturers are saying "you don't need to know this data 'cos our bikes are so aero" and so very few of them are openly publishing. Anyways, I've tried contacting Dimond but haven't heard anything back yet. Is there anyone out there who would mind sharing this information ?

Thanks,

Niall
Quote Reply
Re: Dimond weight question [Behan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've wondered this about the various super bikes as well. Same boat - I know aero trumps, but I'd still love to build a light tri bike.
I'm guessing it's pretty hard to compare weights of the various super bike 'modules' since they come with such a variety of parts.....some have integrated bars, storage options, etc etc.
Last edited by: SBRcoffee: Jul 26, 16 8:42
Quote Reply
Re: Dimond weight question [SBRcoffee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, I agree and didn't think of that - with many of the super integrated bikes it's difficult to compare weights as one may be quoted with frame and forks and another with frame, forks, seat post, stem, bars etc..

Still though, would like to get a read on the frame and forks for the Dimond. I saw a very simple black frame with pearlescent detailing at IM Zurich at the weekend and thought it was just gorgeous.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
11kg / 25lbs +/- 2lbs. My guess.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Took delivery on a small Dimond last weekend. Beautiful bike ,very well engineered. The frame and beam are lite. What you put on the bike will determine the final weight. I ask Dimond the same question they said around 20 pounds. I think you could easy built a 16 pound bike but it going to cost you. You could go 1/11, lighting cranks, dash saddle, dura ace Di2, Tririg bars and Zipp 404 tubulars. Me a decided on the race package will change somethings later
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Size small (black paint, prizmstic logo, clearcoat) w bearings 1900g
Seatpost 140g
3t fork uncut w crown race 410g

Tried to include scale pics but cant figure it out

Just received my superfork. Havent weighed it

Hope that helps
Last edited by: Trikobe: Jul 26, 16 21:35
Quote Reply
Re: Dimond weight question [Trikobe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fantastic! exactly what I was looking for. Thank you.

Would really appreciate data on new fork if you get a chance to weigh it.

Niall
Last edited by: Behan: Jul 26, 16 21:51
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Superfork. Uncut, CC lower crown race, brake cover = 530g.
Quote Reply