Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Dimond NEW FORK
Quote | Reply
We got our eyes on the new fork in the Dimond Club today, word is they will have a few at Kona to do some testing and finalize for production.
Last edited by: buck_shot11: Oct 1, 15 10:51
Quote Reply
Re: Dimond NEW FORK [buck_shot11] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pictures you ask!? -
https://instagram.com/p/8GDR2jsVYp/?taken-by=bbach11
https://instagram.com/p/8D9V5tnwVg/?taken-by=baflossin

I couldn't load them in for some reason. Excited to see some better pics and the reviews after next week.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Re: Dimond NEW FORK [durk onion] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That fork looks so much better than the old thinner one. Great job Dimond!

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Dimond NEW FORK [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1000000 X BETTER!

2024: Bevoman, Galveston, Alcatraz, Marble Falls, Santa Cruz
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Would I be correct in assuming this a bayonet style fork? It's kind of hard to tell from the photos.
Quote Reply
Re: Dimond NEW FORK [BBLOEHR] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I can't wait to see the official photos! Hurry up Dimond!

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Said by me a few months ago...

Quote:
The Dimond really interests me but I can't get past the fork. You have this muscular looking machine with little spindly forks. I know it probably doesn't amount to a hill of beans from a performance and quality standpoint but it's an aesthetic thing that I can't get past or ignore.

TJ is trying to steal my money!

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Re: Dimond NEW FORK [GMAN19030] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
now just: 1) integrate the bars; 2) clean up the seat post; and 3) figure out more streamlined hydration & storage; and i'll consider trading in my p5 :)
Quote Reply
Re: Dimond NEW FORK [AGTC1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AGTC1 wrote:
now just: 1) integrate the bars; 2) clean up the seat post; and 3) figure out more streamlined hydration & storage; and i'll consider trading in my p5 :)

1. Isn't going to happen. The beauty of the Dimond is that does not have integrated bars, giving you lots of options for fit and making it easier to take apart and work on and/or transport.
2. Good point.
3. By request, Dimond will put bosses on the beam to attach storage if you want it.
Quote Reply
Re: Dimond NEW FORK [writhe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
should happen!

in my eyes, it's definitely not "beauty" to have a non-integrated bar--it's an eye sore, and slower to boot. take the 3t bar on the p5 for example. will fit about anyone, so that's not an issue. sure, you need top notch skills (or a mechanic) to set it up...but when do you ever need to mess with it thereafter? scicon aerotech bag (or tri bike transport) and you'll never have to touch it for travel.

i think that we can agree that they should at least offer the option of an integrated bar. if it's your cup of tea, great, use it; if not, stick with what you've got.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The P5 is a huge mess to set up if you really want to optimize the aerodynamics of your position(narrowness, handlebar tilt etc). Or if you need to change something along the way for that matter.. Integration might look better and might be faster if you look at the bars and bike alone but it means very little if it compromises body position and adjustability too much.

BA coaching http://www.bjornandersson.se
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
AGTC1 wrote:
2) clean up the seat post

is this clean enough ;-)

Are you ready to do an Ultraman? | How I calculate Ironman race fueling | Strength Training for Athletes |
Last edited by: robgray: Oct 2, 15 12:12
Quote Reply
Re: Dimond NEW FORK [bjorn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bjorn wrote:
The P5 is a huge mess to set up if you really want to optimize the aerodynamics of your position(narrowness, handlebar tilt etc). Or if you need to change something along the way for that matter.. Integration might look better and might be faster if you look at the bars and bike alone but it means very little if it compromises body position and adjustability too much.

I think a bit of a false comparison is happening here.
You can put any bar you want on the P5.

You can put the P5 bar on the dimond (you might have to hack a bit, but you could do it)

You can integrate as much or little as you want either way, with various options. Integrating the bar with the bike *in particular* probably has no substantive advantage. So I agree, don't bother!

Kat Hunter reports on the San Dimas Stage Race from inside the GC winning team
Aeroweenie.com -Compendium of Aero Data and Knowledge
Freelance sports & outdoors writer Kathryn Hunter
Quote Reply
Re: Dimond NEW FORK [robgray] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rob when are you going to be able to get your hands on that seat post and fork?

Quote Reply
Re: Dimond NEW FORK [jackmott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jackmott wrote:
bjorn wrote:

You can put the P5 bar on the dimond (you might have to hack a bit, but you could do it)

You can integrate as much or little as you want either way, with various options. Integrating the bar with the bike *in particular* probably has no substantive advantage. So I agree, don't bother!

Ok, you're right. It's possible to use another bar and stem on the P5 but for all intents and purposes the P5-6 was designed to be used with the Aduro and almost all of them are sold and used that way. I don't think the Aduro is sold separately at this point either so it's not really an item designed for other bikes. My point was that the P5 as used by almost everyone has the look and functionality of a "true" integrated front end.

BA coaching http://www.bjornandersson.se
Last edited by: bjorn: Oct 2, 15 13:10
Quote Reply
Re: Dimond NEW FORK [BBLOEHR] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll race the seatpost at IMAZ, maybe the fork too if its ready. Worst case, both at ultraman Florida!

Are you ready to do an Ultraman? | How I calculate Ironman race fueling | Strength Training for Athletes |
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Rob,

I'm interested to see your seatpost... do you have a different link?

Thanks,

KAH

-----------------------------
Full disclosure: Zwift, former Zipp and SRAM Design Engineer
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Please post pics when you get them! Good luck in Kona.

Quote Reply
Re: Dimond NEW FORK [jackmott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jackmott wrote:
bjorn wrote:

Darn, this new fork will debut before i finish my Dimond/P5-6 fork/Magura/Aduro setup! :(((.

Jack, ballpark guess. Would you say that this new fork and a Ventus (or similar top end aerobar) would be as aero as the P5-6 front end (fork/Magura with fairings/beard/Aduro)? Thanks!
Quote Reply