Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Dimond Is Suing Me. I'm Asking For Your Help. [Rappstar] [ In reply to ]

Wow this is ugly, for Dimond and you both. I can't see anything good coming out of this thread.

Re: Dimond Is Suing Me. I'm Asking For Your Help. [nchristi] [ In reply to ]

nchristi wrote:
Wow this is ugly, for Dimond and you both. I can't see anything good coming out of this thread.

Agree: dumb on so many levels.

nchristi wrote:

I can see some good entertainment coming from this thread.

Respect for that.

Re: Dimond Is Suing Me. I'm Asking For Your Help. [IMStillTrying] [ In reply to ]

IMStillTrying wrote:
I am somewhat disappointed though I shouldn't be. Jordan is a maven and many of us follow what he says with interest and utmost respect. I think that this will end up looking poorly on both sides (and I had ordered a Dimond a few months back). Dimond, if they are putting out a subpar product, will never recover nor should they. Jordan, like he cares, will never hold my respect cuz he sold himself out. He marketed a product that he did not feel was safe. This tells me where his priorities are. It's in himself. We all have to choose where we draw the line. He chose to be a professional triathlete rather than an engineer. He chose money over his conscience. don't make it into a story about taking care of your kids. its about choice. For me I chose to take care of my family and established a career. I don't use it as an excuse for anything I do. I am just so terribly disappointed in all of this
I'm usually a pretty black and white person but this I am still trying to wrap my head around.
Your post seems rather harsh and judgmental. You are disappointed in someone who I assume you don't really know and are ready to make your pronouncement on them based on one act. I hope people in your life give you a bit more grace.

Re: Dimond Is Suing Me. I'm Asking For Your Help. [stikman] [ In reply to ]

strong words, but, fair points.

A pro likely has to delude themselves into the belief they can win every race. But Rapp win Kona? That's a fantasy land ride I need to get on. Due affection to all pros (seriously).

re: Product endorsements. my observation is that in general Triathletes are less influenced by them than other sports, etc. and that translates to lower fees paid to them. In fact, it might (or is) be better to do stuff for AG'ers rather than spend on pros. Especially if you really believe you've got a quality product.

I take any endorsement, including seeing a pro ride a brand of bike...

With a big grain of salt (not base salt, just regular)

Sorry, this is an all around lose-lose deal, and, for Diamond to not see that "deer in the headlights" is mind boggling, somebody missed a few days in PR101 - - hello?

I saw this on a white board in a window box at my daughters middle school...
List of what life owes you:
1. __________
2. __________
3. __________

Re: Dimond Is Suing Me. I'm Asking For Your Help. [SBRcoffee] [ In reply to ]

edit: nm
Sorry Jordan, but the time to speak to Dimond's being Dangerous was BEFORE it was a legal battle if you wanted help.

My Blog - http://leegoocrap.blogspot.com
Last edited by: Morelock: Apr 27, 17 2:49

Re: Dimond Is Suing Me. I'm Asking For Your Help. [Herbert] [ In reply to ]

Herbert wrote:
If you have such an ongoing bad image of Dan and ST, why are you even here?

For threads like this one, of course.

EDIT: On a more serious note, I will say that this is obviously a fast-moving story, and Dan has stated that he has reached out to Dimond for comments. Until there is an in-depth, balanced article on the front page, though, Dan/ST is failing to fulfill his/its journalistic role. That's why I originally asked "when are we going to hear Dimond's side of the story?" (Note: I find it amusing that Jordan replied to my question by providing more from his side of things. Yeah, he had to dive back into the thread somewhere, but what an odd place to do it.)
Last edited by: Andrew Coggan: Apr 27, 17 3:32

Re: Dimond Is Suing Me. I'm Asking For Your Help. [Orbilius] [ In reply to ]

This: This thread may open you up to additional claims by Diamond. I would pull this until you seek the advice of an attorney

and this: start getting contact info from other Dimond owners who have had similar issues

29 years and counting

Re: Dimond Is Suing Me. I'm Asking For Your Help. [Andrew Coggan] [ In reply to ]

Response directed towards no one in particular..............

1. I think the "little guy/defendant" wins a jury decision. Offering to return all compensation sounds reasonable, to me.

2. Gofundme is a genius way manufacturers can (anonymously) contribute to sink a competitor. Well-played.

nchristi wrote:

Agree, and have pretty much voiced my feelings...
While I'm pissed, I wouldn't go so far as to say I wish bad things for him.
But I can't lie that I find it very ironic (and mildly amusing) that Rapp recently dropped out of IMTX partly because, by his own admission, he couldn't get the seat post on his new Andean super bike to stay still...............this is slowtwitch, how am I the first one to mention this?! :)

At Ironman Texas this last weekend, prior to the race, I was talking with a woman about her new Dimond. On the course Saturday we crossed paths and chatted for a moment. She said that during the race, the rear brake fell off and that she was riding with a front brake only.

Also, on the Northbound leg I saw someone with the Dimond on the side of the expressway. His rear derailleur had come completely off.

No idea of these athletes names or number for you though.

Once, I was fast. But I got over it.

Re: Dimond Is Suing Me. I'm Asking For Your Help. [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]

GreenPlease wrote:
ajthomas wrote:
In case you don't know, Chris Blick is also being sued.

That's f***ing BS. Chris is such a nice guy and he drove all over the country repping Dimond. He once drove 150 miles out of his way so I could demo a Dimond early on. What else could you possibly ask for from a product rep?

QFT

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”

Re: Dimond Is Suing Me. I'm Asking For Your Help. [dhr] [ In reply to ]

dhr wrote:
Can't wait to read Thomas Gerlach's take on this. Has he posted yet?

Hilarious. I was thinking the same thing. Hopefully he will be able to turn his response into a 300 word missive about how he recommended a tire or how he commutes by bike.
In Reply To:

Re: Dimond Is Suing Me. I'm Asking For Your Help. [gary p] [ In reply to ]

I know of at least 4 bikes that have/had issues. Also, let's not forget about the super fork fitting issue that cam up a few months back. This alone was enough to know that they don't care about the quality of their product. Or maybe they just don't know any better, which makes it even more dangerous IMHO.
Bottom line, their R&D is full of tinkerers and not engineers qualified to develop bikes.

Re: Dimond Is Suing Me. I'm Asking For Your Help. [Andrew Coggan] [ In reply to ]

Andrew Coggan wrote:
Herbert wrote:
If you have such an ongoing bad image of Dan and ST, why are you even here?

For threads like this one, of course.

EDIT: On a more serious note, I will say that this is obviously a fast-moving story, and Dan has stated that he has reached out to Dimond for comments. Until there is an in-depth, balanced article on the front page, though, Dan/ST is failing to fulfill his/its journalistic role. That's why I originally asked "when are we going to hear Dimond's side of the story?" (Note: I find it amusing that Jordan replied to my question by providing more from his side of things. Yeah, he had to dive back into the thread somewhere, but what an odd place to do it.)

While I'd welcome a front pace article (and I expect there to be one), I disagree with you statement.

Should this thread not be allowed to surface because Dimond has not yet whished to comment, despoter been given the opportunity?

Also, I'll add that everyone is ofcourse entitled their own opinion, and Im not surprised by the number of "jump the gun"-approaches. The way I see it the main concern for Dimond with this thread is the issue of wheter or not they make good/safe bikes. Every company should tolerate and expect that this is discussed ad infinitum on the Internett, and in this respect I dont view this thread any different from of if I were to start a thread on what I dislike on my 2009 Trek.

The twist that makes this kinda viral is the contractual relationship between Rapp and Dimond, and Rapp's "status" om ST. When Dimond chooses to sue Rapp - and making the dispute public - I see no reason why Rapp shouldnt be allowed to start a thread on it.

All the other issues; whom you sympathize with, is it smart on Rapp's, account, etc, is for anyone to decide, but are not reasons to pull the thread.
Last edited by: lovegoat: Apr 27, 17 4:56

Re: Dimond Is Suing Me. I'm Asking For Your Help. [kiwi.] [ In reply to ]

Quote:
But I can't lie that I find it very ironic (and mildly amusing) that Rapp recently dropped out of IMTX partly because, by his own admission, he couldn't get the seat post on his new Andean super bike to stay still...............this is slowtwitch, how am I the first one to mention this?! :)

I had that thought early this morning as I was reading through things but didn't post because I hadn't had my coffee yet so promptly forgot.

Re: Dimond Is Suing Me. I'm Asking For Your Help. [hblake] [ In reply to ]

hblake wrote:

At Ironman Texas this last weekend, prior to the race, I was talking with a woman about her new Dimond. On the course Saturday we crossed paths and chatted for a moment. She said that during the race, the rear brake fell off and that she was riding with a front brake only.

Also, on the Northbound leg I saw someone with the Dimond on the side of the expressway. His rear derailleur had come completely off.

Not interested in defending either side, but components coming loose has nothing to do with a frame. Try a little harder....

SBRcoffee wrote:
hblake wrote:

Not interested in defending either side, but components coming loose has nothing to do with a frame. Try a little harder....

Maybe not a frame, but perhaps a company and its processes and systems.

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”

My experience has been stellar and I have had zero issues. Maybe I've not ridden as many miles as Jordan but I've packed/unpacked re-setup the bike with thousands of miles travelled and then ridden it hard on race day without issue or concern. I will continue to do so.

While I wont discount that issues exist or accidents happen people saying 'I had a friend, or I saw someone on the road...'' is just plain misleading. You simply have no idea what went wrong there.

2024: IM Hamburg

Re: Dimond Is Suing Me. I'm Asking For Your Help. [hblake] [ In reply to ]

You should edit your post because it is second hand and Dan made it clear earlier (sure you missed it no biggie) that he did not want that here.

Re: Dimond Is Suing Me. I'm Asking For Your Help. [Morelock] [ In reply to ]

Morelock wrote:
edit: nm
Sorry Jordan, but the time to speak to Dimond's being Dangerous was BEFORE it was a legal battle if you wanted help.

I'm sure that would have gone over well..not.

Sounds like doing that would be some sort of breach of contract and triggered an equally intense legal battle. I can understand rapp's position of being handcuffed while at the same time believing that the company was working to reslove QC issued as any responsible company would. Hindsight is 20 20.

Re: Dimond Is Suing Me. I'm Asking For Your Help. [robgray] [ In reply to ]

robgray wrote:
Well put.

I think most Dimond owners feel the way that Jordan said he felt when he was their cheerleader, and we truly do feel that way. ie sure some things have gone wrong on occasion, but it's always been dealt with swiftly. I've never seen anything that I would regard as unsafe. I've put my Dimond through worse conditions than anyone and I've never once felt unsafe.

I have (or maybe it's HAD) a lot of respect for Rapp, but blaming your poor Kona performance on your bike? Comeawwwwwn.

To me, this thread seems nothing more than an attempt to retrospectively​ paint a picture of an unsafe bike with the goal of justifying the breach of contract.

There is no way I would ride a bike that I didn't trust 100%, and I have no ulterior motive for standing behind Dimond... I have no contract, agreement etc with them at all.

Day 2 of ultraman Hawaii starts with a 45 minute descent of the volcano. It's raining and the road surface is not great. We're bombing down that thing at 50+ mph... No way I'm doing that if in doubt about my ride.

Hey Rob, no one has been able to answer one of my questions above. If the Dimond beam "sinks" do you just end up with a lower seat position in a "bottomed out" fail safe mode or do you have the chance of the rear beam hitting the rear wheel moving at 80 kph. Since I have ridden down Palomar with you at 80 kph, I am guessing its just a 'sinking' beam thing. If that is the case, I don't see how this makes this bike unsafe, you might just go slower in your training ride or race. I can see how that affects you as a pro triathlete.

For the record, I am still in the market for a small size Dimond. It might be beneficial for my disk/nerve issues as I get back into more riding. I would not be overly concerned if there is a 1/10000th chance my beam sinks, but that's just me. Are there any reported incidences of sinking beam?

SBRcoffee wrote:
Fuck it, I'll probably get blasted for this, but....I don't feel one bit sorry. You know why?

Because of shit like this from you:

I've owned three Dimonds. All have been great bikes. Like ABSOLUTELY EVERY BIKE I've ever owned, there are things I would change about them. What's great about working with Dimond is how fast many of those things HAVE been changed in the two years I've been working with them. And none of the things I desire to change are (or were) things that I think should keep someone from buying a Dimond.

Lots of folks, myself included, asked your opinions of the Dimond in very recent months, including via PM's, and you lied your ass off. You never spoke of any major issues. Now you want people to fund a defence for you. Piss off.

Thank you........best post of the thread.

Prev Next