Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Different Kind of Shoulder Pain
Quote | Reply
The earlier post on shoulder pain made me realize that I could ask about my pain on here. Please help because it is turning me off riding.

I get a pain in my shoulders during riding. The pain is in the front of my shoulder. I had a real tendonitis problem when I used to swim but brought it under control with physio and exersice.This feels like the tendonitis (a throbing numbing pain) but goes away quickly after I get of the bike and once I recover. I got a new bike in the fall (cervelo one) and the shop I bought it went through the whoel fit process because I knew that my old bike was much too not fit properly (I had bought in 12 years ago when in high school to grow into.. I know .. I know). This helped the pain alot but I still feel it after I have been on the bike for 30 minutes. Any ideas?

I have been riding mainly on a trainer as I got my bike in late october and we have had constant snow since Mid November (and this is my first clipless pedals bike so I am chicken of riding in the wet and salty conditions).

Thanks

Adam
Quote Reply
Re: Different Kind of Shoulder Pain [Yarf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There are several threads about shoulder injuries on the discussion forum at the Julstro website. www.julstro.com/18.html. One deals specifically with shoulder pain in the front of the shoulder. I believe you will find your problem and how to treat it, when you find that post.
Quote Reply
Re: Different Kind of Shoulder Pain [Yarf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's probably got something to do with bike fit. Sheldon Brown offers a few suggestions http://www.sheldonbrown.com/pain.html
Quote Reply