Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Diamondman half in Deleware
Quote | Reply
Hi,

I am considering this race in mid-september. Has anyone done it? I know its a flat course. How is the heat? shade? well run? Any and all info would be great. I can't seem to find out too much about it.

Thanks in advance!

Danny
Quote Reply
Re: Diamondman half in Deleware [dannyweissphoto] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've done it a few times.

That time of year can be hot, so yes expect it to be hot; but to my knowledge they changed the run course to run inside the park again and there is more shade. It used to be shadeless down by a canal, very hot.

Piranha-sports does a good job with races. The races don't get a lot of buzz and I don't really know exactly why. The aid stations will be stocked, you will get food after the race, the results will be available promptly. Everything that matters is there.

The swim to run transition is long, people leave shoes down by the water. The course is flat with a large bridge you do twice. In my experience there has been a gentle tailwind on the way out and headwind on the way back. I haven't done the race since the run course changed.
Quote Reply
Re: Diamondman half in Deleware [Kevin in MD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hmm, heat is probably my biggest challenge. Thats a bit of a game changer. If they moved the run inside are there stll parts that are hot. I melt in the heat...
Quote Reply
Re: Diamondman half in Deleware [dannyweissphoto] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
At that time of year you should expect upper 80s to mid 90s on the run.

If you want cooler, maybe the Waterman's tri in October would work better.
Quote Reply
Re: Diamondman half in Deleware [Kevin in MD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Solid. I will check that out and maybe look around some more. I think you just saved me a tough run that would have turned into a walk...
Quote Reply