Travis Rassat
Vector Cycle Works
Noblesville, IN
BikeFit Instructor | FMS | F.I.S.T. | IBFI
Toughman Triathlon Series Ambassador
Quote Reply
Re: Diamondback ReadyRide [Travis R] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Their "bike fit" tool on the custom studio needs a lot of fixing. It recommended a size small/50cm Andean for me. That's two or three sizes too small but whatever...

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Re: Diamondback ReadyRide [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i'm working with several companies on their online sizing tools. diamondback is one of them. i'm going to help them troubleshoot this. it's not the prescriber that's the problem, i don't think, it's the choice of size when you can fit on 2 or 3 different sizes.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Diamondback ReadyRide [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
i'm working with several companies on their online sizing tools. diamondback is one of them. i'm going to help them troubleshoot this. it's not the prescriber that's the problem, i don't think, it's the choice of size when you can fit on 2 or 3 different sizes.

I'm not in the market for one but just played around with the custom studio to see how much it would cost and all that.

Oddly, I couldn't find where you could pick your own size but had to go through either the self measurement analysis or the pad stack/reach. I'm not going to measure myself so I put in my pad stack and reach (~ 610 stack and 470 reach) that I have used on the past four bikes - a size 56 Felt, two size L Speed Concepts and a M Dimond (which is of equivalent size to a L or 56 from every other company) and it gave me a small/50 recommendation. Theoretically maybe that pad stack and reach can be achieved on a small but I'm pretty certain my 6'0" to 6'1" body and 35" inseam isn't fitting too well on a small. :-)

Maybe the measuring tool would have given me something other than a small.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Last edited by: The GMAN: Mar 9, 17 9:20
Quote Reply
Re: Diamondback ReadyRide [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The GMAN wrote:
Their "bike fit" tool on the custom studio needs a lot of fixing. It recommended a size small/50cm Andean for me. That's two or three sizes too small but whatever...

Yep, it's off. I did the measurements are they described and it spit out an XL for me (I'm 5'10", my last tri bike was a 54cm P3). No way I was going to order that, so I went in for a fitting on a fit cycle. We first set up the coordinates the tool had output and it was kind of like 'yeah, I guess you *could* ride that position...'. After the fitting I ordered a medium.

By the way, you can choose your size on the last step of the process. If you click 'accept these fit coordinates' (or something like that), you get to the final page were you can change frame size and crank length. I'm not sure why that's the last step, seem like it should have been a few pages earlier.

------------------------------------------------------------
Any run that doesn't include pooping in someone's front yard is a win.
Quote Reply
Re: Diamondback ReadyRide [Travis R] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pretty big development in online bike sales from Diamondback:

Hang on! Lot's of disruptive change is coming for the bike business in North America.

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply