Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Di2 internal battery with Shiv TT?
Quote | Reply
Anyone tried to fit a Di2 internal battery (btr2) into a Shiv TT seatpost? Did it fit? Any issues? I figure I'll have to figure out a way to secure it, but I mainly want to know if you can get it inside the post at all.

Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: Di2 internal battery with Shiv TT? [bobby11] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bump ... Anyone?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It will fit but of course you have to do trickery to run Di2 on a Shiv TT as it is.

Mark

--
Mark Cote
MITAerobike
Specialized Bicycle Components
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It can be done. Its a close fit but you just have to be creative with a secure way to keep it in place.
Quote Reply
Re: Di2 internal battery with Shiv TT? [MITaerobike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks. Not concerned about most of it, but figuring I'll need to make one small hole to run the FD cable from the junction box (which I'll pull the cranks and BB to install ... that's no big deal to me).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No problem.
As all the others say, it is how to secure it.

I upgraded my 2013 Shiv to Di2 tis winter with internal battery in the sadlepost.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The Shiv TT has a solid BB shell - with no access to inside the frame. This is part of what makes installing Di2 internally a challenge on the Shiv TT.

Does anyone have any guidance on where the best place to drill the frame to allow the junction box and cables to be inserted into the frame is? Can you make a small cut int he BB shell? Or the frame itself?

@FormerTTchamp on Twitter
Quote Reply
Re: Di2 internal battery with Shiv TT? [MITaerobike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ah yes, I am having the same conundrum right now. After some serious thought I am thinking back to mechanical makes life easier on this project. A lot going on inside that frame (known and unknown). The outcome will be sweet regardless.

Ian Stanford
Ally's Bar. AStacher LLC
Quote Reply
Re: Di2 internal battery with Shiv TT? [istanford] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yep. I decided I was trying to solve a problem that doesn't exist. A Shiv TT with SRAM Red or DA 9000 isn't exactly slummin' it.
Quote Reply
Re: Di2 internal battery with Shiv TT? [TTwolrdchamp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TTwolrdchamp wrote:
The Shiv TT has a solid BB shell - with no access to inside the frame. This is part of what makes installing Di2 internally a challenge on the Shiv TT.

Does anyone have any guidance on where the best place to drill the frame to allow the junction box and cables to be inserted into the frame is? Can you make a small cut int he BB shell? Or the frame itself?

in front of the TT, right behind the steerer. it is non-load-bearing.
Quote Reply